Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14984
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 pm

2 albums....2 hours.

better yet, play colors twice. mmmmm....so tasty. i think i shall join you from across the world.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Brute wrote:
2 albums....2 hours.

better yet, play colors twice. mmmmm....so tasty. i think i shall join you from across the world.

I listened yesterday... listening to Fall of Troy today.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm

dies can hang

i think ill do some audio research on Protest the Hero today...
discog methinks

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Brute wrote:
dies can hang

i think ill do some audio research on Protest the Hero today...
discog methinks

Thou shalt not regret it. Start with Fortress brute: kleenex may be needed, due to multiple eargasms.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:20 pm

im more a sock man myself....
not really, i was just continuing with the theme....and thanks for the album direction

btw...are the ep's worth my trouble? or just the 2 studio albums?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Brute wrote:
im more a sock man myself....
not really, i was just continuing with the theme....and thanks for the album direction

btw...are the ep's worth my trouble? or just the 2 studio albums?

Meh, they show more core influences than the albums... not bad, but not up to the quality of Kezia or Fortress. Gallop Meets the Earth is a decent live album though...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:28 pm

what a shocker here; i dont like live albums. i have that famous live maiden album....and thats about it.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11441
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:32 pm

I love live albums. No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith, that's all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:34 pm

im not saying they are bad...just saying they arnt for me most of the time

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 2:37 pm

You should listen to Alive in Athens brute, that shit is amazing, most of the songs are better than the studio recordings.

Well, that's if you even like Iced Earth... and why wouldn't you?
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 3:02 pm

havent listend to enough iced earth to form an opinion. i just know they are pretty epic

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16106
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 3:33 pm

You like me more than Brute darkflame. Get Alaska.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 3:59 pm

alaska is tasty, but i dont think dark will dig it as much

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm

He likes some -core though, and I think there are more -core elements in it. Plus it has their best song...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm

nay,
white walls, sun of nothing, ants of the sky, obfuscation, swim to the moon, these are the best songs.

selkies is fucking solid.....but do not go toe to toe with me on btbam XD

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 5:11 pm

That song is perfection. It starts out with this epic synth/guitar riff, then goes into this really grunge rock sounding riff and verse section. Then it goes into this boring metal section, and when it leaves it has the chillest solo ever. Then some cool sweeps that please me because they don't take up the whole song.

It's phenomenal, none of their songs go through as many sweet phases as that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 5:13 pm

agreed....except for the whole "boring" part.
btbam are never boring

it is super chill....but White Walls just speaks to my core. it is so powerful

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 pm

I like mostly everything they've ever done, but the metal section in selkies is kinda generic sounding. But it's cool, it's just another section of an amazingly dynamic song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11441
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   Tue May 04, 2010 5:47 am

Why are so many things confusing me on the forums lately? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...   

Back to top Go down

So I looked up Kirk Hammet on Last.fm and...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3