Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Religion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What religion are you?
Christian
19%
 19% [ 4 ]
Jewish
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Atheist
48%
 48% [ 10 ]
Other (because I'm too lazy to list 50 religions)
33%
 33% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Back on the topic of religion Razz

If I feel that life is meaningless and I am just living in the now, I play shit by ear with no morals, am I also considered "Athiest"? Isn't "Athiest" a religious name of a non religious person? Being religious means you've got faith in something. I never thought of myself as 'religious' but Nietzsche said something like: To call ourselves godless, unbelievers, and immoralists we've torn ourselves away from religions and made our unbelief a goal; a faith.

Would you guys consider me religious?

Maybe that whole thing I just typed was meaningless.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Furthermore on my beliefs, I think science is a load of horseshit.

Who needs to know why we are here? At least all of the technical shit that isn't going to make a bit of difference. I'm not talking about medicine and stuff that actually helps people, but all of the retarded scientists focusing on how we came into existence. I couldn't care less. I'm just going to grab a beer, listen to music, and have a good time until I die, and when I die I'll either go to some sort of afterlife, or be just completely dead.

So have fun learning about how monkeys had sex with each other and randomly popped out a human, I'm going to go have a good time.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 5:43 pm

you dont want to know if we evolved, but you are willing to submit to a mythical being who created life and existence and promises you an afterlife?

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Axe wrote:
Furthermore on my beliefs, I think science is a load of horseshit.

Who needs to know why we are here? At least all of the technical shit that isn't going to make a bit of difference. I'm not talking about medicine and stuff that actually helps people, but all of the retarded scientists focusing on how we came into existence. I couldn't care less. I'm just going to grab a beer, listen to music, and have a good time until I die, and when I die I'll either go to some sort of afterlife, or be just completely dead.

So have fun learning about how monkeys had sex with each other and randomly popped out a human, I'm going to go have a good time.

Some people find this kind of information genuinely interesting. Surely you can agree to an extent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 5:54 pm

It's interesting, yes, but I get made when people try to "disprove God" using science, saying science is the answer to everything. Fuck your science. You know who else likes science? Richard Dawkins.


lol I'm kidding of course about that last part. But the point remains. And Brute does it look like I'm devoted to a mythical being? No. I acknowledge that the Universe, the Earth, the ecosystem, and the inner workings of one's body are far to complex to have just popped out the asshole of nothing.

Lol what I love is asking the dbad athiests who cry about religion how the earth was made, and they say "the big bang". Well, where did the materials for the big band come from? "... we think Aliens might have done it. Or something. We're not sure. But there's NO WAY there could be a superior being that created the universe, that is just stupid!"

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10724
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Axe wrote:
It's interesting, yes, but I get made when people try to "disprove God" using science, saying science is the answer to everything. Fuck your science. You know who else likes science? Richard Dawkins.


lol I'm kidding of course about that last part. But the point remains. And Brute does it look like I'm devoted to a mythical being? No. I acknowledge that the Universe, the Earth, the ecosystem, and the inner workings of one's body are far to complex to have just popped out the asshole of nothing.

Lol what I love is asking the dbad athiests who cry about religion how the earth was made, and they say "the big bang". Well, where did the materials for the big band come from? "... we think Aliens might have done it. Or something. We're not sure. But there's NO WAY there could be a superior being that created the universe, that is just stupid!"

All matter was condensed into an infinitely small space
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm

i dont think atheists agree that the earth was formed by the big bang. we are just pretty sure it wasnt a single "being" that made it.

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10724
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Bing bang is just the best scientific explanation we have at the moment though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Disagreeing with creationism doesn't mean that I believe the other theories are fact. I do think they are much closer and founded on more logical and reliable sources, but they are not fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:05 pm

There are sources that show the process of things being made, but that doesn't say how they initiated.

Anyway, I don't care about science as previously stated. People just need to live and let live, you can believe whatever you want and it doesn't concern me one bit. It should concern anyone if I'm a Christian either.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Axe wrote:
There are sources that show the process of things being made, but that doesn't say how they initiated.

Anyway, I don't care about science as previously stated. People just need to live and let live, you can believe whatever you want and it doesn't concern me one bit. It should concern anyone if I'm a Christian either.

Yes, but nothing suggests that a god initiated it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Nothing suggests that God initiated it, and nothing suggests any other theory.

Plus, if there was an all powerful God, do you think he would make it so you could find out everything about how the universe was made? I'll continue to believe what I believe (I'm not even a devout Christian) and I'll wait for scientists to disprove God or a higher entity, which will never happen. Scientists will also never find out how the universe was made. If they do, I'll buy you all a Dos Equis

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:11 pm

i dotn see why an all powerful god would make it so we cant figure it out? why hide it? wouldnt he want us to know of his power?

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:12 pm

I think evolution is bullcrap too. No one can go back in and prove anything and Darwin's assumption is just as believable as any other religion.

No proof of big bang, we don't have documents dating back then.

No accurate recordings because religion is like the telephone game: the game where one person says somehting to someone, they say it to another, it turns into a chain of people telling each other and now and then it will be altered because someone misheard/forgot (or was a jerk and said something else) but said something anyway---and in the end it's a different story.

Perhaps people were on drugs when they thought they saw something.

Hows bout we all live in the now.. and read "The Gay Science" by Friedrich Nietzsche.

/thread


Oh & off topic but--humans taste like pork. Do you reckon that's why the bible says we cn't eat pork?
But why can't we eat lobster also?
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:15 pm

HUMANS
Fucking up history since before it became important

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Axe wrote:
Nothing suggests that God initiated it, and nothing suggests any other theory.

Plus, if there was an all powerful God, do you think he would make it so you could find out everything about how the universe was made? I'll continue to believe what I believe (I'm not even a devout Christian) and I'll wait for scientists to disprove God or a higher entity, which will never happen. Scientists will also never find out how the universe was made. If they do, I'll buy you all a Dos Equis

There is a lot to suggest the big bang theory. It is not as logically unfounded like you're suggesting. Do we believe it to be undeniable fact? No, and anyone who does is a fool. Even the scientists will tell you it is merely a theory. There are many other theories as well, the big bang theory is just the most popular (probably because it has the most support).

As for your second paragraph, the bible will tell you that god has communicated with numerous people about the origins of the universe. I'm not going to invent a personality for a god I don't believe, so I will use the gods presented to me.

Will science disprove god? Of course not. Science won't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster, my invisible friend Steve, the hidden planet of unicorns, or any other magical thing I can make up either. The burden of proof is on the believers (the affirmative) to prove their god, not on science to disprove it. Otherwise I could invent any magical thing I want and claim it to be true because science can not disprove it.

Senrae wrote:
I think evolution is bullcrap too. No one can go back in and prove anything and Darwin's assumption is just as believable as any other religion.

No proof of big bang, we don't have documents dating back then.

No accurate recordings because religion is like the telephone game: the game where one person says somehting to someone, they say it to another, it turns into a chain of people telling each other and now and then it will be altered because someone misheard/forgot (or was a jerk and said something else) but said something anyway---and in the end it's a different story.

Perhaps people were on drugs when they thought they saw something.

Hows bout we all live in the now.. and read "The Gay Science" by Friedrich Nietzsche.

/thread


Oh & off topic but--humans taste like pork. Do you reckon that's why the bible says we cn't eat pork?
But why can't we eat lobster also?

You're making the mistake of claiming that the only way for evidence to be valid is if it is first hand. We know evolution is a fact because we have witnessed organisms evolve. Whether or not it happened on a scale as large as the evolutionary chain of humans is still a theory, but it has a lot of strong evidence.
As for the big bang... think of it this way, there are light waves from millions of years ago that are just reaching us now. We learn a lot from this.


Last edited by D-Lor on Wed May 05, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Brute wrote:
HUMANS
Fucking up history since before it became important
Are you also a Misanthrope?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:19 pm



Join, and find peace.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 pm

I agree on the burden of proof point, but I'm not trying to convert anyone or even teach you. I was just sharing my beliefs. I don't need to prove God to anyone because it doesn't concern me what anyone else believes.


@Brute
Complete and utter truth on the humans part. And as for God, he wouldn't hide it hide his power, but why would God want humans to find out all of that stuff? It's so trivial to us. There's no reason for us to know about it.

@Senrae
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Senrae wrote:
Brute wrote:
HUMANS
Fucking up history since before it became important
Are you also a Misanthrope?

i wouldnt classify myself as one....but now that i think of it, humans fuck up an aweful lot.

and dies, whats that symbol?

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Axe wrote:
I agree on the burden of proof point, but I'm not trying to convert anyone or even teach you. I was just sharing my beliefs. I don't need to prove God to anyone because it doesn't concern me what anyone else believes.


@Brute
Complete and utter truth on the humans part. And as for God, he wouldn't hide it hide his power, but why would God want humans to find out all of that stuff? It's so trivial to us. There's no reason for us to know about it.

@Senrae
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

Fair enough.
And I'm not trying to end your beliefs, I just think it's an interesting conversation to have. I like hearing others' point of view, and I like sharing my own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:24 pm

@axe
then why did he make us such inquisitive and curious creatures?

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Axe wrote:
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

Surely to believe one is to believe the other: macroevolution is simply microevolution compounded over time.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:25 pm

But evolution in general, is there any proof of us being a result of either? Microevolution & macroevolution.


Theories and facts are different things.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Brute wrote:
and dies, whats that symbol?

Invisible pink unicorn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Pink_Unicorn
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Axe wrote:
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

Surely to believe one is to believe the other: macroevolution is simply microevolution compounded over time.

Over time would be billions and billions of years, and I highly doubt we were monkeys at one point in time. We still have monkeys, and other primitive species'. If monkeys evolved into humans, there wouldn't be a random strain of them that just failed to evolve.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Axe wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
Axe wrote:
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

Surely to believe one is to believe the other: macroevolution is simply microevolution compounded over time.

Over time would be billions and billions of years, and I highly doubt we were monkeys at one point in time. We still have monkeys, and other primitive species'. If monkeys evolved into humans, there wouldn't be a random strain of them that just failed to evolve.

Monkeys and what we have evolved from are not the same things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Dies Irae wrote:


Join, and find peace.
I'MMA DO IT.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:32 pm

dies, that is classy

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Psh, The Flying Spaghetti Monster is much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 pm

D-Lor wrote:
Axe wrote:
I agree on the burden of proof point, but I'm not trying to convert anyone or even teach you. I was just sharing my beliefs. I don't need to prove God to anyone because it doesn't concern me what anyone else believes.


@Brute
Complete and utter truth on the humans part. And as for God, he wouldn't hide it hide his power, but why would God want humans to find out all of that stuff? It's so trivial to us. There's no reason for us to know about it.

@Senrae
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

Fair enough.
And I'm not trying to end your beliefs, I just think it's an interesting conversation to have. I like hearing others' point of view, and I like sharing my own.

Thanks for being open minded then. People don't realize that religion isn't the cause of the world's problems, it's close mindedness.

Brute wrote:
@axe
then why did he make us such inquisitive and curious creatures?

Hahaha I don't know, but isn't it curious to you that this world is so complex and perfect? It's so hard to believe that everything works just by itself. Because they say the universe was created randomly by a big bang, but how did organisms come to be? Then how did they get this advanced? Through random evolution?

It's really hard for me to believe that we all just came form nothing.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:41 pm

D-Lor wrote:
Psh, The Flying Spaghetti Monster is much better.

We already have enough Italian led religion...

Besides, his noodliness has questionable sexual taste:

Back to top Go down
D-Lor
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 165
Hedonistic Glory : 2839
Reputation : 3
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Age : 26
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
D-Lor wrote:
Psh, The Flying Spaghetti Monster is much better.

We already have enough Italian led religion...

Besides, his noodliness has questionable sexual taste:


Would someone with questionable sexual taste put a beer volcano and a stripper factory in heaven?

...I think not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
D-Lor wrote:
Psh, The Flying Spaghetti Monster is much better.

We already have enough Italian led religion...

Besides, his noodliness has questionable sexual taste:

Oh Michaelangelo... Why couldn't you have made sculptures liek dis?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:48 pm

The guy in that picture shouldn't be so proud in his nudity, because that is one small... appendage if you follow my drift.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Perhaps the noodle monster (me thinks it's Medusa) has a shallow talking vagina.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:52 pm

and just when i thought i had heard of everything on this forum, senrae brings up shallow vaginas.

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Razz keke
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10724
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 7:11 pm

D-Lor wrote:
Axe wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
Axe wrote:
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

Surely to believe one is to believe the other: macroevolution is simply microevolution compounded over time.

Over time would be billions and billions of years, and I highly doubt we were monkeys at one point in time. We still have monkeys, and other primitive species'. If monkeys evolved into humans, there wouldn't be a random strain of them that just failed to evolve.

Monkeys and what we have evolved from are not the same things.

This. We share a common ancestor that has long gone been extinct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 7:19 pm

So of course our common ancestor spawned intelligent beings capable of completely ruining the Earth, and primates who climb around in the woods and throw shit at each other?

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10724
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Axe wrote:
So of course our common ancestor spawned intelligent beings capable of completely ruining the Earth, and primates who climb around in the woods and throw shit at each other?

Yup. And dude, primates are pretty damn smart relatively speaking. We just so happened to have larger brains and they larger muscles. Go back further and you'll find something that just happened to have either one hole or two holes in their head and that gave rise to mammals, reptiles, birds, dinosaurs, etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25289
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Sonata Arctica's Wind beneath my wings started it all

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486570
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Axe wrote:
So of course our common ancestor spawned intelligent beings capable of completely ruining the Earth, and primates who climb around in the woods and throw shit at each other?

At least have somewhat of an understanding of Evolution before you ignore it.

It sounds like your getting your information from here:

http://jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/evolution_is_stupid.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9728
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Senrae wrote:
Back on the topic of religion Razz

If I feel that life is meaningless and I am just living in the now, I play shit by ear with no morals, am I also considered "Athiest"? Isn't "Athiest" a religious name of a non religious person? Being religious means you've got faith in something. I never thought of myself as 'religious' but Nietzsche said something like: To call ourselves godless, unbelievers, and immoralists we've torn ourselves away from religions and made our unbelief a goal; a faith.

Would you guys consider me religious?

Maybe that whole thing I just typed was meaningless.

I once heard a song called, "The Insignificance of Life." But I blushed...because clearly they had not heard of the insignificance of insignificance.

Axe wrote:
Furthermore on my beliefs, I think science is a load of horseshit.

Who needs to know why we are here? At least all of the technical shit that isn't going to make a bit of difference. I'm not talking about medicine and stuff that actually helps people, but all of the retarded scientists focusing on how we came into existence. I couldn't care less. I'm just going to grab a beer, listen to music, and have a good time until I die, and when I die I'll either go to some sort of afterlife, or be just completely dead.

So have fun learning about how monkeys had sex with each other and randomly popped out a human, I'm going to go have a good time.

Some people value science.
Monkeys are our cousins, and evolution is a slow process that happens gradually.

Axe wrote:
It's interesting, yes, but I get made when people try to "disprove God" using science, saying science is the answer to everything. Fuck your science. You know who else likes science? Richard Dawkins.


lol I'm kidding of course about that last part. But the point remains. And Brute does it look like I'm devoted to a mythical being? No. I acknowledge that the Universe, the Earth, the ecosystem, and the inner workings of one's body are far to complex to have just popped out the asshole of nothing.

Lol what I love is asking the dbad athiests who cry about religion how the earth was made, and they say "the big bang". Well, where did the materials for the big band come from? "... we think Aliens might have done it. Or something. We're not sure. But there's NO WAY there could be a superior being that created the universe, that is just stupid!"

I hate repeating myself but the alien thing is just random. I don't think Dawkins would have suggested such a thing. It was taken out of context in the interview. Perhaps he was talking about collisions between meteorites and the earth that could result in the formation of complex organic compounds or something. Hate the guy if you want but he's not an idiot when it comes to the subject he studies. The big bang isn't an explanation of itself, it's simply what happened. If an atheist uses that as an argument against God then they are an idiot, but in my experience I haven't met any atheists who have done that. The first life was the result of millions of years of chemical evolution, molecules that could replicate themselves, molecules that could come together and form spherical structures, etc. It's a pretty concrete inquiry, and it's certainly possible for life to arise from non-life. It's just matter of probability, and it's not absurd probability either. 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000 is a joke of a chance at these quantities of trials, but if you go by your gut feeling looking at that number you would think it was far out there. It's too vast to comprehend with gut feelings...you have to rely on mathematics and chemistry and the such. And it's complicated but it's there and it's concrete, more than you might imagine.

Axe wrote:
Nothing suggests that God initiated it, and nothing suggests any other theory.

Plus, if there was an all powerful God, do you think he would make it so you could find out everything about how the universe was made? I'll continue to believe what I believe (I'm not even a devout Christian) and I'll wait for scientists to disprove God or a higher entity, which will never happen. Scientists will also never find out how the universe was made. If they do, I'll buy you all a Dos Equis

I would be careful when I say "made." It's not as intuitive as making a pizza or something.

Senrae wrote:
I think evolution is bullcrap too. No one can go back in and prove anything and Darwin's assumption is just as believable as any other religion.

No proof of big bang, we don't have documents dating back then.

No accurate recordings because religion is like the telephone game: the game where one person says somehting to someone, they say it to another, it turns into a chain of people telling each other and now and then it will be altered because someone misheard/forgot (or was a jerk and said something else) but said something anyway---and in the end it's a different story.

Perhaps people were on drugs when they thought they saw something.

Hows bout we all live in the now.. and read "The Gay Science" by Friedrich Nietzsche.

/thread


Oh & off topic but--humans taste like pork. Do you reckon that's why the bible says we cn't eat pork?
But why can't we eat lobster also?

Science never proves anything. Logic and mathematics deal in proofs, not science. The scientific method is used to produce theories which make sense of the world. They take observations and evidence and form connections. A theory organizes the data into a coherent picture of how things happen. For example, Galileo observed the phases of the moon and the planets etc. and from all this data he was able to figure out that the earth was going around the sun.

Axe wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
Axe wrote:
I believe in microevolution, but macroevolution is complete horseshit.

Surely to believe one is to believe the other: macroevolution is simply microevolution compounded over time.

Over time would be billions and billions of years, and I highly doubt we were monkeys at one point in time. We still have monkeys, and other primitive species'. If monkeys evolved into humans, there wouldn't be a random strain of them that just failed to evolve.

Which is right, because we didn't evolve from monkeys.
Check out this video...less than 5 minutes. Look at it with a neutral mind on the subject.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi8FfMBYCkk
And I know you're probably thinking there is some kind of shiftiness about this or something, but actually there really isn't anything shifty about it. It's about the way it appears...and the presentation is kind of "in your face" because of the audience etc. And, of course, this isn't a stand alone piece of evidence. It's just a small piece of the puzzle which will never be finished.

Imagine you had a theory and there were a billion pieces of evidence to be taken into account to either support, fit, match the theory...or disprove the theory (only one bit is needed to disprove the theory). Let's say you collect a million pieces of evidence and all of it fits the theory. There are 999 million pieces of evidence that you haven't collected though. So could you really say you're sure this theory isn't wrong? Well yes you can say you have pretty good confidence in the theory because the probability that your theory would remain consistent after collecting a million pieces of evidence, if it were in fact wrong, is /probably/ pretty damn low.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 10:14 pm

VacuousReality wrote:


Science never proves anything. Logic and mathematics deal in proofs, not science. The scientific method is used to produce theories which make sense of the world. They take observations and evidence and form connections. A theory organizes the data into a coherent picture of how things happen. For example, Galileo observed the phases of the moon and the planets etc. and from all this data he was able to figure out that the earth was going around the sun.

The Gay Science by Nietzsche isn't actual science. Razz
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9728
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Senrae wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:


Science never proves anything. Logic and mathematics deal in proofs, not science. The scientific method is used to produce theories which make sense of the world. They take observations and evidence and form connections. A theory organizes the data into a coherent picture of how things happen. For example, Galileo observed the phases of the moon and the planets etc. and from all this data he was able to figure out that the earth was going around the sun.

The Gay Science by Nietzsche isn't actual science. Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgF4POndDc
(Warning: HORSE the Band link)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 10:26 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Senrae wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:


Science never proves anything. Logic and mathematics deal in proofs, not science. The scientific method is used to produce theories which make sense of the world. They take observations and evidence and form connections. A theory organizes the data into a coherent picture of how things happen. For example, Galileo observed the phases of the moon and the planets etc. and from all this data he was able to figure out that the earth was going around the sun.

The Gay Science by Nietzsche isn't actual science. Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgF4POndDc
(Warning: HORSE the Band link)
No
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486570
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 10:27 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Senrae wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:


Science never proves anything. Logic and mathematics deal in proofs, not science. The scientific method is used to produce theories which make sense of the world. They take observations and evidence and form connections. A theory organizes the data into a coherent picture of how things happen. For example, Galileo observed the phases of the moon and the planets etc. and from all this data he was able to figure out that the earth was going around the sun.

The Gay Science by Nietzsche isn't actual science. Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgF4POndDc
(Warning: HORSE the Band link)

Shocked

this is more torturous than the Vietcong
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9728
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 10:30 pm

This is a metal forum isn't it?
Guess I forgot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486570
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Religion   Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 pm

that was beyond bad. serious, never subject me this...this...HORSESHIT ever again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Religion   

Back to top Go down
 
Religion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Warmers are watching as their religion becomes as obscure as Pictish Polytheism
» Mens True Religion Flare Jeans has been with the warranty accessible

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: