Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14927
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 am

Without trying to sound sycophantic, i adore all the music you have shared with me. for that i say thank you.
let me make a quick aside.

I have been kinda lame the past few days. i was in the midst of tough decisions. After all that work, i have been allowed and decided that im going to spend my summer working in new mexico for a boy scout ranch (blackstar, im working at Philmont)
I leave the 27th of May. thats very soon. Ill be gone until August 21. I havent the SLIGHTEST idea how much internet time ill have. I know that my work week is 9 days working, 3 days off. So at the MAX, ill be on once or twice every 9 days. this is the shining achievment of my short life. im so happy to go

which leads me back to ya'll. i need music. im pretty sure ill have some access to music of one form or another. for the next week or so, i want to fucking stockpile.

If you can provide DL links, thats awesome, i dont ask you to. ill try and provide rep to everyone. The reason i singled out dies is that i find that he has an uncanny ability to reccomend cool shit. Everyone else feel free to help me out

Here is what i DONT WANT
Power metal - most of that stuff is awesome, but im not looking for the sweeping vocals and up-beat tempo.
Viking/Folk - not unless it is fairly dark. i mean, not black metal, but if it is 10 ensiferum and wintersun clones, imma kill u
Doom/Noise/Burzum/Mayhem - yeah, you guys know me fairly well to know that im not a major fan of that. but if you think it breaks the genre, by all means, share away. In Tormentata Quiete is like black melo weird shit, and i adore it. Genre-benders are greatly appraciated.

What i DO WANT
Melodeath
Melodic Death
Prog
Death
Atmospheric Black
Prog Death
Tech death
GENRE-BUSTERS - if they meld several styles, chances are ill love it

you catch my drift

What i recently have been enjoying
In Tormentata Quite
Menalcolia
Protest the Hero
Between the Buried and Me
Devin Townsend
Aspid
Be'Lakor
Blotted Science
Cynic
Son Of Aurelius
Deadlock
Disarmonia Mundi
Gorod
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Gory Blister
Nachtreich
Necrophagist
Negură Bunget
Neptune
Orgone
Opeth
Kalisia
Persefone
Sadist
Solution .45

fuck, im tired of looking

In conclusion
DL links that work = +rep
Being cool = my adoration
getting me to like something = 2 rep

and lastly, idk why i addressed dies, but yeah, thanks ya'll

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.

Last edited by Brute on Tue May 18, 2010 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 4:08 am

I smell a mini-looksee...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 4:10 am

no, its a distinct flavor. this one smells just like a super-sized look-see

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11384
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:50 am

Brute wrote:
Power metal - most of that stuff is awesome, but im not looking for the sweeping vocals and up-beat tempo.
Viking/Folk - not unless it is fairly dark. i mean, not black metal, but if it is 10 ensiferum and wintersun clones, imma kill u
That rules out anything I can ever recommend. Mutiny Within?

Anyway, good luck with your job, man. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Brute wrote:
That rules out anything I can ever recommend. Mutiny Within?

Anyway, good luck with your job, man. Very Happy
sadly, i have that, and have listened a few times. its definitely staying on my hard drive
your goal darkflame, for when im gone: find a band ill like. that gives you 3 months. you are way up to the challenge

and it has happens. i now sport a huge hard-on for Protest the Hero. so damn good. Rody's cleans are so fucking brilliant and the technicality the bassist and guitarist have are out of this world.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Oh yeah, I remember you said that when I made that topic about them. Glad you enjoyed them.

I'm probably not gonna be able to do that, by the way LOL. Like 90% of the new bands I get into, I hear about here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Oh yeah, I remember you said that when I made that topic about them. Glad you enjoyed them.

I'm probably not gonna be able to do that, by the way LOL. Like 90% of the new bands I get into, I hear about here.
well, ill be gone for 3 months...that gives you time to catch up right?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 pm

We'll see. I think Mutiny Within were like the only band I discovered by myself in the past few months or so though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 pm

i have actually lost track of the ones i found myself. they just kinda blend in with what people have shown me here.
i should put together a list to find out who is responsible for what.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Brute wrote:

In Tormentata Quite
Protest the Hero
Be'Lakor
Negură Bunget
Orgone
Persefone

6 there, plus a couple of others like Kalisia. I shall find you something new brute. Several somethings...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Brute wrote:

In Tormentata Quite
Protest the Hero
Be'Lakor
Negură Bunget
Orgone
Persefone

6 there, plus a couple of others like Kalisia. I shall find you something new brute. Several somethings...
yours are easy to remember.

there were a couple others that didnt catch on as much, but i like just the same
Edge of sanity....that might have been a collection of Master C and myself as well....idk
Nevermore - The Godless Endeavor is SOOOOOO sick.
Orphaned Land....that was good for 5 plays, then i got bored
Sculptured not a big fan yet, but they were good
Son Of Aurelius - they kick major ass
Symbyosis - Man, both albums kick ass.

so yeah....wow. thanks

i expect great things.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Oh wait. I just remembered this band you might like, Brute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:11 pm

you are shitting me right?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Hate: check
Brute: check

Who next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:23 pm

whats that supposed to mean?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:33 pm

I Bon Jovied Hate too. LMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm

allow me to return the favor with something much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

I don't know wether to trust that link...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:50 pm

always trust the brute-meister

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Ah, it's been done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 5:58 pm

so you looked>?
rule number 0) never trust the brute when he has been wronged.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Whatever man, you watched Bon Jovi. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 6:04 pm

no, i clicked the link and i was like
DAMMMMMMIT

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4002
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 6:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Olw6y7eo4

Don't worry, you'll like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16049
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Well, here's my attempt to please you. Please note that I'm trying really hard before you crush all of my hopes and dreams

The Morningside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfqBXXdKKA

The Fall of Every Season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPB8bI_s_h8

October Falls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fND5oM2fI

Kauan (here's two of my favorites)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ5dvpgBVt8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4TKmxR4ksk

Barren Earth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Or-jI4olEA

Ghost Brigade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkDw9rRl--w

Gwynbleidd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYP0JEociR8

Tell me what you want to hear more of and I shall find you download links.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm

i have Our Twilight by Barren Earth
Ill get around to these quite soon
Thanks for playing along axe. Much appreciated.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
rockrocks
A Scholar

Number of posts : 289
Hedonistic Glory : 3046
Joined In : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Try Killing Joke, not really metal, but try it. It's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znjRf1zh2fA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 pm

LOL I think everyone's heard of them, rocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:09 pm

The Fall of Every Season was very good as well. i would like to hear more of it.
damn axe, you be saving all this? psssh

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Darkflame wrote:
i have never heard of them
and sadly, i prefer not to hear of them ever again XD

it wasnt that bad. 80's isnt my deal

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Brute wrote:
The Fall of Every Season was very good as well. i would like to hear more of it.

Mmmm looks like the so-called "dark metal" is your thing. Glad I could be of assistance. I will throw up download links in awhile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Ok, you best hope all your links are as solid as the morningside. that was quite spectacular. i could sooo fall asleep to that.
post all you want about them. mmmm tasty

october falls, decent. no vox? thats not bad.

all this shit is depressing. fuck man. ill have to look it all up. ill do that tomorrow

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Axe wrote:
Brute wrote:

Mmmm looks like the so-called "dark metal" is your thing. Glad I could be of assistance. I will throw up download links in awhile
i need it when i need it. im in no mood for it now, but when the time comes a callin' im glad ill have a fresh stock of stuff to listen to.

you dont have to keep going on this genre jag, feel free to mix it up a bit

Kauan get bonus points for having an epic album cover

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Brute wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
i have never heard of them
and sadly, i prefer not to hear of them ever again XD

it wasnt that bad. 80's isnt my deal
Seriously? They're pretty damn famous.

Damn, Brute, you know your metal but not your rock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:30 pm

i never said i knew my rock...

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 9:51 pm

You don't say... enjoying Them Crooked Vultures, Brute?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Darkflame wrote:
You don't say... enjoying Them Crooked Vultures, Brute?
never listened to them either....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
rockrocks
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Ah well, I tried. I honestly don't know what I could suggest to you...

Oh! I do find this awesome, just 'cuz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6__Xr3ouAI

Also Brute, my one-last-suggest is Yes. BUt I know pretty much everyone knows of them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Brute wrote:
Axe wrote:
Brute wrote:

i need it when i need it. im in no mood for it now, but when the time comes a callin' im glad ill have a fresh stock of stuff to listen to.

Try the last few on the list. I got more to the heavier stuff at the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 10:54 pm

i love yes. not enough to sit down and listen to the albums, but if Roundabout comes on, im a dancing fool

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Axe wrote:
Brute wrote:
Axe wrote:
Brute wrote:

Try the last few on the list. I got more to the heavier stuff at the end.
i can tell by the barren earth recommendation

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10448
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 pm

I recommended so much already, you do it yourself lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 pm

link wrote:
I recommended so much already, you do it yourself lol.

you got me.....4 bands?
where is your motivation you tool?

jk
whatever you can do is great. just dont go feeling left out
just names of bands is fine as well

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10781
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Carcass - Necroticism-Descanting the Insalubrious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNKl1KqmFeI

Impaled - Mondo Medicale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AFfBCRU23o

Intestine Baalism - Banquet in the Darkness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3107GXS3Zbs

Kronos - Colossal Titan Strife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQAEgS3dOU

Tribulation - The Horror
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBYFIpoK5S4

Vomitory - Terrorize Brutalize Sodomize
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I1RHkhcFQ

Pavor - Furioso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms3rkheJbBE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 pm

in class, i definitely get to them asap.

not too psyched...but i am very grateful. hopefully i like them.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10448
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 pm

I listen to a few bands alot, not a ton of bands only 3 times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 pm

wow, idk what i am
i like LOTS of bands...but i only listen to a couple
i cycle through alot though

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9785
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Tue May 18, 2010 11:53 pm

I'm a cycle-er too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockrocks
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   Wed May 19, 2010 1:23 am

So much for rep ;_;.

I do cycle as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys   

Back to top Go down

My Dearest Dies Irae, and aw hell, the rest of you guys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next