Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:35 pm

I don't know what Deear John is. D:

ONLY good movie night I had was when my female friends (at college) didn't bring me to their gurls night and my guy friends had a bro (+Senrae) night and we watched The Thing. C: C: C:C :C::C:: C: C:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14931
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:10 pm

link wrote:
Peter Jackson would butcher the hobbit. The hobbit needs a special touch to it.
QFT

Darkflame wrote:
Since when has anything he's ever done been anything less than amazing?
King Kong. LotR series was drawn out as well

Darkflame wrote:
King Kong remake was amazing.

I suppose I can't judge on that since I've not read the book. But come on, LotR was freaking amazing.
it was less than good. it was 5 hours too long.
i saw the original in 35mm format at a theater. i know king kong. he got the timeline right tough, he just spent waaay too long on it

they need to hop him up on coke and have him do a movie in 100 minutes

Im with dies (surprising). LOtR is WAAAAY overrated. it was entertaining, but not a literary revolution it is made out to be. Its the Hobbit or GTFO.
Everyone likes LOtR cuse they are afraid to admit they dont like it. Its something for the nerds to grab on to. Plus, it is simplistic writing.

Like i said, Hobbit or nothing

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:29 pm

LotR is fantastic, not sure what you're talking about
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm

the truth. you must not be acquainted

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:32 pm

False.

I do not lie, unlike yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:45 pm

i didnt say you lied. lying implies actively spreading fasle information. i think the LOtR view is slightly more ostrich-head-in-sand way of thinking. im not calling you ignorant, not in the slightest, i just think we all need to not be such fanbois, me included

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:33 pm

link wrote:
King Kong Remake was less then okay.

He just wouldn't fit the place. They really need a director that focuses a shit ton on character development. Bilbo is a hugely pretty complex character.
Agreed about Peter Jackson, but disagree on complexity of Bilbo's character. He was basically a coward until the dragon scene. He had a few courageous episodes before that, and he was awesome afterwards, but for most of the book he was simply an uptight coward (and outwardly proud, inwardly confused).
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 pm

I hope Michael Bay directs it. Megan Fox will be every character

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11388
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:26 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Sorry, what? I couldn't read anything that came after Megan Fox.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3773
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:39 am

Sorry Dies. I'm not going to argue with your opinion but I enjoyed LotR and 12 year old mind thought it was quite original. Compared to the Babysitters Club and what all the girls were reading, cool creatures in made up lands and languages was pretty fucking cool. Going to University for English opened my mind to obscure texts and yes, some get so blown up but hey...Dan Brown was the best seller for what, a year? The dude cannot write a solid character or use a thesaurus to save his damn life. I read Hobbit in grade 5 and said fuck ya'll Tolkien haters, it's cool shit and I'll like what I like. Reading is my only hobby and I have read way too many books that just do not carry through.

I hate Michael Bay. He fired Fox's ass anyways. Good riddance. Oh wait...he hired a Victoria Secret Model to replace her. That's quality acting waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Sara, no male watches a Megan Fox film for the acting.

I like Dan Brown actually. I was expecting to be dissapointed when I read The Da Vinci Code because of all the hype about it, but I really enjoyed. Angels And Demons is even better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Darkflame wrote:
I like Dan Brown actually. I was expecting to be dissapointed when I read The Da Vinci Code because of all the hype about it, but I really enjoyed. Angels And Demons is even better.

Really? Crappy prose and factual errors and all?

You'll start enjoying James Patterson next, and that my friend, is a slippery slope.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm not too picky about that sort of thing. I just know I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3773
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 pm

I know many actors are hired based on their plastic surgeon's talents. There are male actor's that are as talentless as Fox but get jobs anyways. I don't care what he looks like-stagnant acting drags a movie down.

Regarding Dan Brown, before cutting him up, I wanted to know what his deal was. I read all of his books (he does not have many anyways) and decided he was literary junk food.
Fine in moderation, like a cheap late night thriller flick. Brown never claimed to be a top notch, wordly scholar. People who took his word as gold deserve to be misinformed. Anyways, that's why I read Brown. The movie's are a whole new story...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 pm

however inaccurate da vinci code was...i found it entertaining. i did however, listen to it on books on tape rather than read it myself

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Brute wrote:
however inaccurate da vinci code was...i found it entertaining. i did however, listen to it on books on tape rather than read it myself
Brute needs the articulate tones of a Steven Fry soundalike to lull him sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected   

Back to top Go down

lord of the rings marathon- harder than expected
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2