Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Magic the gathering anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Well not from scratch. I used an older project I had and just edited it a little to get this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm also an omniscient entity in a quantum deterministic universe. I weigh probabilities and risks in my assessments to make the most economic decisions. And there is a price on distance traveled. It's a commodity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 pm

If you're really curious it gets more complicated. Distance traveled by different means comes at different costs. Terrain is an important consideration. One might think only energy spent is important but one has to keep in mind the long term health as well.

I actually have a whole book written on the subject.
It's usually $99,999 but I could probably cut that in half.


Last edited by VacuousReality on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 pm

You lost me there after quantum. :oops: Using a vocabulary that stretches beyond my frame of mind, I'm kind of stupid.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Ohh my goodnesss!
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Well a deterministic universe would be the clockwork universe. There is only one possible past, present, and future.
Quantum deterministic universe would be like the clockwork universe only with the added dimension of probability. There are multiple possible futures but all have a definite probability.
Quantum mechanics is compatible with determinism under some interpretations but that wouldn't make for as interesting of a story would it?

Then it was just math. Like imagine you had a bet where you had 10% chance to win $100, 50% chance to lose $40, and a 40% chance to win $20. Weigh the chances. What will be your average net gain/loss? 0.1(100) + 0.5(-40) + 0.4(20).

Oh and one last thing...I didn't go to sleep tonight so who knows how off I might be. Just putting that out there. I mean I can't trust myself to know what is right in front of me. That's challenging enough on some days where I get 12 hours of sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 pm

See? I said I didn't go to sleep /tonight/. I meant to say last night or this night.
At least I'm still rambling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11174
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:47 pm

that deck looks pretty sweet. that onw elf card threw me off a bit becausde i havent opened a pack since worldwake and dont know that new ability. Only thing i would suggest it getting that big dude from worldwake that bets buffed from your mana pool. couple those would be rape

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:09 pm

I saw those and yeah they are pretty awesome. I'd have to build a deck around it though. I would need instances / enchantments to give it trample and attack boost, and swing for 20 or something. And the rest of the deck would be like the most absurd mana ramp ever with some cards that let me draw from my deck to ensure I get my friend. And it would need some way of surviving meanwhile. It would be cool though, but I chose against it because it would be too easy for my opponent to just kill it with removal spells. Otherwise it wouldn't be enough bang for the cost.

Arbor Elf is bascially the same as Llanowar Elves but slightly weaker. 0/1 for 1 green mana. Tap to untap target forest.

Right now I'm wondering how I want to do this because I should probably wait for Magic 2011 to come out. That kind of puts a damper on my trigger fingers.

Then I'll make a deck from the latest expansion pack and Magic 2011 because although WWK is cool I wouldn't want to spend cash on it when it's rotating out pretty soon. That's part of what a budget deck is all about...longevity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Oh you mean Joraga Treespeaker. Of course. Well I honestly don't know exactly how it works either but I'm pretty sure the levels are the same as counters. You pay the mana, you add the level counter. So it starts with 0. You pay 1F to put one level counter on it, then it you can tap it for 2 forest mana. Turn 1 you're down one green mana. Turn two you level it and get your mana back the same turn. Turn 3 and on it pays off great. And getting it to the final stage is pretty unnecessary. Maybe some kind of tribal deck mixed with super hardcore cards. Still Joraga Elf will just be getting removed and burned and stuff. Damn black and red, and blue and white too. Green is the only honest deck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11174
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 pm

i actually agree. im a huge fan of green. i dislike blue and red. black can be fun. white is raraley fun but i like it. its a solid color. unfortunatley blue is the best color. fucking control. its not fun to play or play against

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Well I never even touch blue because it's so damn expensive. Red, white, black, and green all have the ability to be aggressive. Blue doesn't. When I first started playing blue was my favorite. Now I'm pretty much a monogreen player lol. If my budget was a little larger I might touch the other colors but monogreen is the strongest deck for the least money usually. And also the coolest. The other colors don't have much room for variation like green does. It really has that whole growth dimension in it that the other decks don't have so much. That's what makes it so cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:06 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Well a deterministic universe would be the clockwork universe. There is only one possible past, present, and future.
Quantum deterministic universe would be like the clockwork universe only with the added dimension of probability. There are multiple possible futures but all have a definite probability.
Quantum mechanics is compatible with determinism under some interpretations but that wouldn't make for as interesting of a story would it?

Then it was just math. Like imagine you had a bet where you had 10% chance to win $100, 50% chance to lose $40, and a 40% chance to win $20. Weigh the chances. What will be your average net gain/loss? 0.1(100) + 0.5(-40) + 0.4(20).

Oh and one last thing...I didn't go to sleep tonight so who knows how off I might be. Just putting that out there. I mean I can't trust myself to know what is right in front of me. That's challenging enough on some days where I get 12 hours of sleep.
Lol I am really lost I'm sorry. Razz
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11174
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Well I never even touch blue because it's so damn expensive. Red, white, black, and green all have the ability to be aggressive. Blue doesn't. When I first started playing blue was my favorite. Now I'm pretty much a monogreen player lol. If my budget was a little larger I might touch the other colors but monogreen is the strongest deck for the least money usually. And also the coolest. The other colors don't have much room for variation like green does. It really has that whole growth dimension in it that the other decks don't have so much. That's what makes it so cool.

i just find blue to be boring lol. green is the most fun to do right.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14933
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:49 pm

balhablahblahblahblahblahIMANERDblahblahblah

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11174
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:07 pm

thats actually what i meant to type

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Magic the gathering anyone?   

Back to top Go down
 
Magic the gathering anyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Magic DVD Ripper v7.0.0 has been released
» Magic Cafe
» Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Desecrated Lands
» Gaming History : Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - "What fairytale should look like"
» T?ng h?p sách v? Kirigami - Lŕm thi?p.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: