Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

trip journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:38 pm

just for starters this is how things went down:
boni and i went to visit our family (btw boni is my mother, but i call her by her name bonita. boni is just a shorter version). but i didn't have any net access so i did the next best thing - write a journal.

Saturday 20th
Ok. So we arrived at the Zurich train station in the morning. After 14 hours of being in a small cramped up area you can only imagine how your's truly felt about being outside again. Yea it did feel just that great.
Boni's uncle Cesare picked us up in a car that we call „the pope-mobile“. And yea, he's an Italian. Actually if you'd ask him, he'd say that he has nothing to do with Italy since he's from Sicily. But then all Italians are like that.
After a short drive we came to a small town of Uznach where they reside. The rest of the day way pretty quiet since it was raining all day long. At least we got some sleep.

Sunday 21st
Another slow day. Nothing to do and with the weather being so crappy there was also nowhere to go. Ok i admit i did freeze my ass off because i spent most of the day feeling dizzy on the balcony. And they aren't that high, but the air is really, really, and i do mean really, with a capital R, fresh. Man do i miss the traffic normal for a big city.

Monday 22nd
Whoa what a day! The shops are open, the clouds are no more, and nothing but free time. And that's not a good thing. I went there to relax my nerves ad not to simply play a different tune on them.
First off right in the morning the dj on the local radio station played the tunes from the 50s. You can guess how that ended? So around lunch he played - „all i have to do is dream“ by the Everly Brothers. Well that erased the smile from my face fast enough.
Since the big guy from above didn't have enough fun, he made me go shopping with Boni. Now the huge problem with that is that we both think the same – i can spend all i want on anybody else but don't bug me with gettin' sth for myself. So we had the „final showdown“ look in our eyes, and tried to find sth for the other one and get the **** out of there ASAP. But after like 3 hours of running around and turning the shop into one huge battle zone we agreed to a ceasefire and to get sth for somebody else.
And the walk home – no problem. But the fresh air – aye, not so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:40 pm

Thursday 23rd
Now i know why Italians invented opera. Their meals were and still are that heavy so that the only thing they could do was sing. With all their pasta, lasagne's, pizza, scatcha…. Damn'! i'll be burping mortadella for a week.
Now Boni's aunt Veronika is a good woman. A small. Loud woman. Maybe she can be cruel for just saying what she thinks, but she still has a kind heart. Geez am i the only one without a heart in my family?
Boni and i did nothing special, only a small walk. Ok, so we walked to the next village before realizing t, but that can happen. Tell me that it ca!!!
Also i noticed that they haven't figured out what an Internet cafe is so that's why i started writing this thing.

Wednesday 24th
Don't you just love the holiday season? Well i don't. actually i hate it. In this place i'd add from the bottom of my soul, but since i don't have one it would just be pointless. These days just mean that i'm away from the ppl i care about, and if you don't get it – that ain't my family. I wonder if we'll ever have a December without arguments and fighting. But let me say a few more things about today first.
Shops are a dangerous place to be, streets are filled with happy ppl in holiday spirit (i swear one of these days one of them will meet the bottom of my boot) so we decided to stay in. And a slow and boring day it was until we had an unexpected guest (around 4pm). So she was a bit of refreshing news. But it turns out ppl are the same everywhere. Some have it tough, some have it tougher, and some just piss me off. Oh and some do have it easy.
Later on , following the tradition of our religion we had yet another Italian meal. Yea so much for not eating anything except fish today. And after that meal boni and i had a bit of an argument. Family always messes things up, and i have a feeling that they will stay true to that one yet again.
So before x-mas i feel bloated and irritated. At least my nerves are getting some rest.

Thursday 25th – X-MAS
Finally x-mas. The wait is done.
……silence…….footsteps……..then like a stampede everybody was rushing the Christmas tree, tearing off the paper that hid the content of the presents…. Then we turned off the TV.
And i know i'm getting old with this one, but was all the trouble really necessary? Let's not forget that this is a fest of love, family, and a day that should give us all hope for a better tomorrow. But today we live in a consumer friendly era. We keep forgetting our rules, our god, ourselves in the so called divine search for more. And although i'm fighting a losing battle with Italian food, and some other things, my nerves are well, rested, and ready to hit the road again. Why? Well, today was just like any other day. Ok we did say marry x-mas in the morning, but apart from that it was no big deal. Finally normal ppl around me. Ok everybody says that they are insane, but so am i.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Friday 26th
Štefanje? More like irritate the bleedin' hell out of me day!!!
First thing – times change. Learn the facts straight. In the last 50 years a lot has changed. Jackasses!
Second thing – stop romanticizing. Life ain't what you see on TV.stop watching frank sinatra. greta garbo and the rest of the gang, and smell the bloody reality.
Ok, now that i got that off my chest i got sth else to say – i'm recharged. So the bastard being will go on for at least 4 more years. Tough luck.
Since this was a day where i was pissed by ignorance, i also got to thinking – time. Time is an interesting things. It's linear, yet it doesn't seem like that. Let's put it like this -> at this moment it's 8:15pm. And my train leaves at 9:40pm. So i have 48 hours and 25 minutes until my departure and yet it will seem like nothing. And the 13 hours of traveling will be easy until i get to Ljubljana. From there to Zagreb it takes about 3 hours, and that's the real pain. So we get 48 hours of sleep, 10 of a „quick“ trip and 3 of nerve recking – pain in my ass- waiting while the train goes like 20kn/h. To steal a phrase from a friend: „oh the joy.“ -.-

Saturday 27th
Woohoo! Biker day on DMAX. Oh, just for info DMAX is a TV channel. So i had about 6 hours of choppers, hot rods, good music and working with your hands. Ok, so i didn't get to do anything, but i did get into another conflict. Why go to Daytona beach? Why go to Florida during biker week? That's a no brainier – BBB. If you don't know, BBB stands for bikes (yea), beer (hell yea) and babes.
Another reason why i spent today sitting on my ass is that i'm loosing my pants. And this seems funny, but i forgot that i need a belt. Ofc i have one, but i'm too lay to switch it every couple of hours from my jeans to my „home“ pants. So after a week of walkin' around like a b-boy, with my pants slipping to my knees all the time, i decided to take a day off.
Well it's 24 hours and 20 minutes and counting until i go.

Sunday 28th
As i'm writing this one i'm already in the train and it's 9:30pm, so 10 more minutes. Now i'm thinking what to do when i get back. Small things like kill Dave b/c of the „rich man“ song, kiss the ground in Zagreb city b/c my lungs aren't used to the fresh unpolluted air, and generally raise hell all around.
Ya know it's a bit hard when you sing all day long:
„If I were a rich man,
Yaba dibbi dibbi dibbi dibbi dibbi dibbi dum,
All day long i'd biddy biddy bum,
If i were a wealthy man. Aye!
I wouldn't have to work hard,
Yaba dibbi dibbi dibbi dibbi dibbi dibbi dum,
And i could take a plane,
If i were a wealthy man.“,
Ppl look a bit weird at you. Hmm i wonder why?
On another note i realized the meaning to the lyrics of one other song. The sad part is that it's about leaving Zagreb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:49 pm

my eyes exploded purely from the length.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:52 pm

hey that's the short version
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10614
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:35 pm

really nice journal.
Sorry but i skipped like 3 days cuz i dun want to read. lol

But the fresh air is what i need now cuz i farted LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:38 pm

open a window
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:55 pm

no windows in my room.
lol
i live
in basement.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25290
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Ahahah awww you mentioned me? You shouldn't have
Lol he rich rolls us in his journal

Glad you enjoyed your trip man

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:29 pm

I just hope you got some beer up there...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14871
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 pm

souds like a lot of fun

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:28 am

Beer+Swizerland=Ownage
Beer+Switzerland+Styx=Hide the bitches!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:47 am

pretty much yea. well the good news is that snow bunnies aren't actually bunnies. but there could be an increase in their population in about 9 months
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trip journal   

Back to top Go down

trip journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1