Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10787
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 7:02 pm

http://www.cracked.com/article_18571_5-reasons-its-still-not-cool-to-admit-youre-gamer.html

Pretty well done I think and it kinda shows how stupid the video game culture is
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Im a gamer. I dont have to read that article to know that you're wrong. I can give you 5 counterarguments.

1) EPIC times - Awesome times can be had through online games.

2) Freedom - The Freedom to excercise your voice in whatever manner you choose can be fun.

3) Bad Movie Drinkies - Get some funny, online friends, some alcahol, netflix and find an incredibly cheezy movie. Last weekend, I watched Megashark versus Giant Octopus. Funniest shit ever.

4) Friendsship with Friends and Strangers - There are some seriously cool people out there and even if you can't find them, you can always fight alongside friends that you know in reality.

5) X-Box Live Vision Sex - Yes, thats right! If your girlfriend has X-Box Live, get her a vision camera, and she can entertain you ... a lot.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Obviously you don't know what a counter argument is because those in no way reflected what was stated in the article. Besides, you don't necessarily have to agree with the other side in order to see where they're coming from. I will agree that video games are fun and all, but that's not what the article was focusing on, rather is was commenting on video games as culture and art form and how it's been stuck in the same place for a looooong time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 pm

yeah, i didnt read it. i've no interest in any of that. see ya.

EDIT: in all seriousness, i dont think anyone cares about the cultural significance of video-games. They're video-games. Video-Games are play things. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11390
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 7:47 pm

He was right about a lot of that stuff. I thought that whole "gamers overreacting to girls" thing was exaggerated until I went online with a female friend. Honestly, some of the stuff that guys said to her was downright perverted. I was totally disgusted. It was literally every game we went into. I ended up eventually totally losing it at one guy. She says it happens all the time too. She says she doesn't like using her mic because it happens so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
yeah, i didnt read it. i've no interest in any of that. see ya.

EDIT: in all seriousness, i dont think anyone cares about the cultural significance of video-games. They're video-games. Video-Games are play things. Nothing more.

Well, video games have the potential be up there with movies, music, and books as a medium of art, but they end up not doing so because of... well... lots of things really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Darkflame wrote:
He was right about a lot of that stuff. I thought that whole "gamers overreacting to girls" thing was exaggerated until I went online with a female friend. Honestly, some of the stuff that guys said to her was downright perverted. I was totally disgusted. It was literally every game we went into. I ended up eventually totally losing it at one guy. She says it happens all the time too. She says she doesn't like using her mic because it happens so much.

Yeah that's kind of annoying.

I still think video games are cool. Excellent waste of time and life. And I have no issues with #5. And #1 goes for pretty much everyone. Stories suck whatever. Girl stuff yeah yeah yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25352
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   Mon May 24, 2010 9:45 pm

#5 is the one I agree with most. Sometimes people walk in my room and see a stack of 15 games and they'll be like "Wow you have a lot of games..." And I'll feel like a loser and say "Yeah I hardly play them." Which I hardly do now, but I used to play them to death. I don't know why people judge so harshly for this. I mean I could spend my time practicing guitar, but that feels like work at the end of a lot of days.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1