Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jakson

Number of posts : 3
Hedonistic Glory : 2650
Joined In : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 3:02 am

What if real humans, created advanced computer programs that simulate human consciousness, and decided to create an experiment to study human behavior aka what we see as Planet Earth? What if we're not really human, but those computer programs?

DNA could be just data stored in memory for each person. When we reproduce, an algorithm can randomly recombinant DNA for our offspring, then another Algorithm can interpret that DNA to create the person, as well as personality tendencies, genetic diseases or genetic talents.

If this is true, are we human? Can a perfect human consciousness simulation program be considered just as deserving of human rights?

modern dining chairs
patio furniture
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6617
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 3:21 am

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9727
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 4:07 am

I would say:
It is what it is. Call it human, don't call it human, we know what it is we are talking about. It's just a word.

And as for rights the only rights we get are from the workings of the universe. So we would have our "rights" from the workings of the program, and the workings of the program would be determined by the programmer(s). So I'm not really saying much. If it was up to me I would give the "people" protections.

Personally I would recognize sentience as sentience no matter the source.

Welcome to the forum jakson!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25288
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 9:16 am

You know too much. We cannot let you live

Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11326
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 11:31 am

The reason he hasn't replied is that he is currently being interrogated in a government hideout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 6:04 pm

There is no such thing as a right answer. Your question is doomed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 pm

I have pondered your question for many hours and come to one irrefutable conclusion...

... my head hurts.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25288
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 8:01 pm

The cake is a lie

VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9727
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Sun May 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Guys this is serious. We were chosen to hear this information for a reason. This person didn't sacrifice his life for nothing. He specifically chose us. We need to spread the message to others through the power of metal music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10390
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Mon May 31, 2010 12:52 am

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11326
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Mon May 31, 2010 10:13 am

VacuousReality wrote:
Guys this is serious. We were chosen to hear this information for a reason. This person didn't sacrifice his life for nothing. He specifically chose us. We need to spread the message to others through the power of metal music.
Yes, it is our sacred duty to spread this message. Let the world know. Set us free!

Fuck this, I'm going to McDonalds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11110
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   Mon May 31, 2010 11:32 pm

well, isnt DNA just that? data that instructs our body on how to operate? and then when we produce, our RNA (or whatever does that shit- i forgot ALL of biology) is the system that does that. we basically can call ourselves computers i think. the only difference is that we arent made of metal and plastic. im gonna stop there becuase i have a hunch this conversation can get a little too deep and belong in another thread- like the religion thread. (gasps)

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?   

Back to top Go down

What if we're really computer programs in a simulation?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1