Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4003
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Fight me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9786
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Sun May 30, 2010 10:12 pm

How do we meet up?
I'm ulver. I have some other accounts though but I tend to make new ones a lot because once I get into the higher ratings it gets stressful lol.

Also it's probably time I make a new team. Latias got banned so I replaced her with Suicune in my current team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Sun May 30, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm on right now on "ulver."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Sun May 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Which server do you want to meet in? I'm in the most popular one but if you want to meet in a loss populated one just specify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Sun May 30, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm about to cry. How did someone get a rating of 2554? There is like a 150 point gap between #2 and #50.
And a 900 point gap between #1 and #2?
Something weird is here or this person is like an obsessive genius. There was some kid who played for like 12 hours a day and he was only able to get up to 1850 or something.
Definitely something weird...I don't think it's even possible to get that high even if you went like 1000-0. I don't think there is at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Sun May 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Whoa slow down there son. I'm talking DS pokemon. I wanna whoop your ass, narrate the battle and post it on youtube. I'm not a huge fan of Shoddy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Sun May 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Ah never mind then. It would take forever for me to put together a team on DS even with cheats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10449
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 am

lol I remember when pokemon battling required a cable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10782
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 12:43 am

link wrote:
lol I remember when pokemon battling required a cable.

This
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 12:47 am

It actually required social interaction!
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 12:48 am

yup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 12:59 am

I remember when pokemon required hundreds of hours of play just to get a good team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:02 am

And I remember how that was fun.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:04 am

Not impersonal and addictive enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:28 am

gross
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:29 am

VR, go outside.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:35 am

link wrote:
VR, go outside.

and talk to people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:44 am

I'll go outside and get a bag of fucking chips.
Then get back inside and play Starcraft. So don't bother me.
And talk to people?

When I talk to people all I'm doing is listening to myself. Pointless. I'd feel less alone doing math homework with my calculator at 4am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:54 am

was that VR raging? I was joking....lol
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 1:56 am

Yeah I was kidding around too (sort of).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6676
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 8:45 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25347
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 7:43 pm

I still am on Blue lol

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 pm

My current team:
Spoiler:

I made it in under 5 minutes. Random decent teams are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 9:07 pm

As much as I know they are allowed, I still hate people using legendaries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 9:14 pm

The legendaries aren't stronger than the good non-legendaries though really. Only the uber legendaries are a problem, and some specific pokemon that aren't uber legendaries are debatable.

Your team looks kind of cool except for Kecleon. I can't imagine that being too useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 9:23 pm

A measurable tier system would be pretty cool.

No Rules tier
No epic legendaries tier
No legendaries tier
No 500+ basestats tier
No 400+ basestats tier

That would be pretty cool. The only reason measurable differences aren't enough is because sometimes it'll lead to a very centralized metagame. Occasionally something will be broken also.

Still it would be workable.

I only play standard tier so I probably wouldn't be the best in the world at making a team without any legendaries, but I could probably do it pretty easily. I probably have teams I've made that happened to have no legendaries. Not that hard. Also it should be mentioned some legendaries are really weak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon May 31, 2010 9:58 pm

My Kecleon is actually a mother fucker. You look at it wrong, and you will receive a cap in your ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:57 am

Fuck this game. So complicated.
Team is 4-0 but who knows...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:58 pm

EV training in pokemon Red's a bitch
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm trying to make a solid team but it's kind of difficult.
So far it'll have Scizor and Rotom-A...extremely unoriginal but very solid. I want a team that won't fall apart easily. Rotom-A and Scizor both keep a plethora of pokemon in check.

Next I was thinking a Kingdra would be really cool but I'm not sure how well that would work out. I might try it...I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:41 pm

I've got gengar and Scizor as permanent members on my team. and I've got box of pokemon that I draw from sometimes but my team usually ends up being pwned by fire types
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Gengar is the coolest pokemon. period.

Dragonite was the funniest, with his dinky wings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Since seeing this I've started a new team on Shoddy which I haven't been on in ages...

Forretress
Mainly for toxic spikes, though attack and defence are decent making an average physical tank. Explosion more or less guarantees it will take an enemy down with it.

Dusknoir
Just because Gengar is overused. Trick Room to compensate for speed. Destiny Bond can be very useful in a tight spot. I tend to float the other moves depending on strategy.

Magnezone
Having two pokemon both weak to fire in the same team is a bit of a sin, but the stats are too good to ignore. Thunder Wave and Return are constants, again the other two moves change as needed.

I'm thinking I'll use Houndoom, though its stats aren't the best. I was thinking Heatran, but I'll feel guilty if I do. I like Rhyperior when on the DS, but its just to slow and its special defence is useless for competitive play. So for Ground I'm thinking I'll just use earthquake on my Dragon type (yet to be decided).

Hmm, still deciding what else, maybe a Clefable for a pure endurance tank.

There are too many pokemon now to choose from.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 am

Rhyperior has good SpD if you're running sand storm somewhere on your team. It's a 1.5x SpD buff, which will mean Rhyperior is strong in SpD than he is in Def (and you know his Def is great).
A Hippowdon lead could supply stealth rock and physical walling capabilities while starting sand storm.
Forrtress takes care of spikes.
Dusknoir blocks rapid spin.
Magnezone is kind of random in my opinion. He's good at killing steels, and the trick room goes nicely with him. Trick room also goes well with Rhyperior.

Last edited by VacuousReality on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:45 am

My new team in all its glory:

Azelf @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Rain Dance
---
Rain dance #1 priority. Stealth rock #2. Explosion #3. Switch out against things that can shut me down with taunt or kill me, usually to Rotom-C. Damp rock makes rain last 8 turns. Fire blast because it's the single best move in the OU metagame.
---

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam
---
Most powerful sweeper in the game arguably. The basis of the team. Blissey and bulky waters can give him trouble. That's where Empoleon and Lucario come into play to counter such nuisances and then proceed to set up and punish the opponent. Surf for accurate sweeping, hydro pump when I need the extra power against a few things, dragon pulse for dragons, and signal beam mainly for Celebi who would otherwise stop my sweep.
---

Rotom-c @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-wisp
- Leaf Storm
---
Not sure if I like him more than Rotom-W, but higher base power and better accuracy are appreciated...not to mention a better option for attack against things like Suicune. Great against physical threats, and incredible typing and move pool. Part of my dual defensive core. Usually counters Tyranitar with will-o-wisp + leaf storm. Thunderbolt and shadow ball are a solid dual STAB set up.
---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---
Scizor stops a plethora of threats when combined with Rotom-C. The top two OU metagame utility men form a life saving duo. U-turn for scouting, bullet punch for powerful priority, superpower for steels and normals. Pursuit to trap some pokemon.
---

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 24 Def/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Substitute
- Surf
- Grass Knot
---
Agility and substitute down to petya berry. This gives surf STAB, torrent, and berry boost. Grass knot over ice beam because this thing is meant to counter bulky waters. Dragons don't do too great against boosted surfs anyways. One of the three deadliest sweepers.
---

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
---
The last of the three most deadly sweepers. He comes in to take care of Blissey, grabbing a swords dance along the way if possible. Crunch over stone edge to take care of Rotom-A and the such. Close combat destroys virtually anything that doesn't resist, and extremespeed usually OHKOs the faster pokemon.
---

Synopsis: This team creates threats before the opponent gets a chance to come forward with any of their own ideas. This narrows the opponent's vision to countering a very specific threat in the form of Kingdra, for which I have punishing counters prepared. Offense is a defense.

Typing Resists:

Last edited by VacuousReality on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:43 am

In the end I went with Jirachi packing Trick (with Choice Scarf obviously), Stealth Rock, U-Turn and Iron Head. I dropped Forretress, as Jirachi is better in attack, and Trick and Stealth Rock can cripple the enemy team right off the bat. Put the IV's into speed.

A bit overpowered, but wadda ya gonna do?

Nice team VR, but too much of one type (steel) in it for me. I'm looking to drop Magnezone for something. I was thinking a pure electric type, but I knwo it would just get wasted to easily.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:14 pm

My lead:

Gengar @ focus sash
Ability Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+ Spd, -Atk?)
-Thunder bolt
-Destiny bond
-Shadow ball
-Focus blast

I don't know how many people use this stratedgy online but I've never seen it before. Gengar basically has no defense and the focus sash guarantees surviving a OHKO on the first turn so second turn I use destiny bond and take the opponent with me.
Back to top Go down
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:30 pm

TheSky'sRageFTW wrote:
My lead:

Gengar @ focus sash
Ability Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+ Spd, -Atk?)
-Thunder bolt
-Destiny bond
-Shadow ball
-Focus blast

I don't know how many people use this stratedgy online but I've never seen it before. Gengar basically has no defense and the focus sash guarantees surviving a OHKO on the first turn so second turn I use destiny bond and take the opponent with me.
I've never seen something so original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Jirachi lead is solid DI. If you want an electric pokemon you could try a Jolteon with life orb, charge beam, thunderbolt, shadow ball, and hidden power grass or ice. Jolteon is a nightmare for some teams. Or you could give it choice specs and replace charge beam with baton pass so it can act as a scout in some situations.

That Gengar lead could actually pay off pretty well whenever you force people to switch their lead out. If you're against a Tyranitar lead you can destiny bond straight away for an immediate take down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Me hasn't played Pokemon in forevar and wishes me knew how to play online. ;O
Back to top Go down
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Get a DS, a copy of Pokemon for the DS. Play online Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:44 pm

;~; WILL SAVE UP MONEY. It will take a while though lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Or you could just download shoddy battle and make a team in 5 minutes:

http://shoddybattle.com/downloads

I'd spend some time researching though: Pokemon isn't the cake walk most people think. It's one of the most complex strategy games around. Building a decent competitive team is no easy task.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Cool, do you reckon it's for Mac. comps too?

&& I know Pokemon very well. Razz Just not past Ruby/Sapphire lol school in way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Senrae wrote:
Cool, do you reckon it's for Mac. comps too?

&& I know Pokemon very well. Razz Just not past Ruby/Sapphire lol school in way

Yes, shoddy runs on macs. Though why you own a mac is beyond me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 pm

I have a mac beacuse it was the cheapest one avaliable to buy with art programs pre-installed on it. XD (Bought it off of a graphic designer)

Yayyy well thanks for showing me! ^_^ Now gonna figure how to run this. :B Do I dl both game and server? o.0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Once you've installed shoddy and you're running java, you don't wanna worry about servers yet: just select edit team and start making a party.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Figured I'd post this:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Sp. Def
Adamant nature (+ Attack, - Sp. Atk?)
- X-scissor
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Night slash

I think this one is pretty common online? but I've never been beaten by it however I have been able to PWN with it. Pretty simple power up scizor with Swords dance then sweep with bullet punch.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:55 pm

It's very strong but I'd give it 252 HP / 244 Def / 8 Spe. That gives it more bulkiness all around and the 8 speed is useful for something that I don't feel like recalling right now. And then give it roost. I don't know. I prefer life orb Scizor personally. It can cause two switches sometimes so then you get 3.9x attack boost all together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?   

Back to top Go down

Who the Fuck Battles Pokemon Online?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next