Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Is Nightwish metal?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 6 ]
No
21%
 21% [ 3 ]
Who gives a fuck?
36%
 36% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14
 

AuthorMessage
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486631
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:04 pm

The debate continues, in non-Fagbook fashion.

Is Nightwish really a metal band?

My answer is a big fat "NO." They are not even close to a metal band.

They have characteristics of metal, sure, but so do bajillions of other bands we wouldn't even dare THINK about calling metal. "Metal" does not simply describe the sound of a band. No, it is much more meaningful than that. This is why metal is so special and different than other forms of music.

________________________________________________________

So, here I go off on a rant which I've been holding in for a while.

Metal music is the ultimate expression of musical art. In no otehr genre of music can you find such diversity, or such a wide range of subjects and emotions. No other genre of modern music has such a history as metal has had. Every one of us, if we're not a complete metal "n00b," has an idea of what has happened in the past, and likes at least one album from "back in the day." Ask a pop music fan or a "casual" music listener about their favorite album from the 80s. More likely than not, they won't even know one album, and even if they do, it is probably extremely popular.

Metal is not pop music with a 6-month life-span. If an album is groundbreaking, and of course if it gets popular enough for most metal fans to hear it, it will never be forgotten. Such albums include Sabbath's Master of Reality or Judas Priest's Painkiller. Even today, I am still discovering bands from long ago, which never gained an ounce of popularity. Metal is an underground form of music, and the best bands will never be mainstream simply because it is the complete opposite of what corporate douchebags or "clubbers" want to hear.

No other genre has the spirit, the passion, or the dedication to the music as heavy metal fans do. I'm sure for all of us that heavy metal music influences our everyday life, even subconsciously.

Now, this leads me to my next point:

Some bands are metal, some bands are not. Some people just cannot grasp that fact. Lets look at a few things that make a band "metal."

  • An attitude of advancement or rebellion.
  • Seeking to find meaning in a world of chaos
  • Advancement in a musical perspective
  • A following in the footsteps of innovators before them, and doing it well.
  • A driving force behind the music, whether it be a beat, a riff, an ambiance, whatever.


Heavy metal doesn't have to include distorted guitars or a drumkit. Metal can include anything, but it has to have that gut feeling of "metal" whan you listen to it. It has to take your mind to another world.

"Joke" or "parody" bands are rarely considered metal in my book, save for a couple of bands who do it sarcastically.

________________________________________________

So, Nightwish. Metal or nonmetal? They strike me more as symphonic rock than anything, but they most certainly are not metal. Plus, they are a pointless band who has furthered metal in the wrong direction by calling themselves "power metal" and influencing other bands to do the same, not to mention their music stinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Going by my sense of what metal is, symphonic rock sounds a lot more appropriate than symphonic metal. At least for what I've heard by Nightwish.

I voted the third option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11388
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Rant? Essay is more appropriate. LOL

Not listened to them enough to form an opinion though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Master Cthulhu wrote:

Metal music is the ultimate expression of musical art. In no otehr genre of music can you find such diversity, or such a wide range of subjects and emotions.
Metal is very diverse, but if you sit down and take the time to listen to other genres you will find that they are quite diverse as well. Unwillingly I have sat through my little sisters pop for a few years, and I find that they have the same favorite genre, but that genre has different styles in their genre. Depends.
There are so many different types of metal out there, some you may like, some you may not; some that, a morjority you hate but may find a band or two within very entertaining. (In your case Symphonic/Power metal Nightwish is a no.)

Quote :

Metal is an underground form of music, and the best bands will never be mainstream simply because it is the complete opposite of what corporate douchebags or "clubbers" want to hear.
Untrue, there are plenty of people out there who can enjoy a good hyped band. Like Slipknot and Korn, I personally don't find them to be good, but a ton of other people do. They are in fact metal... Nu Metal. Which, a lot of people don't like but will have to accept, is metal.


Quote :

Some bands are metal, some bands are not. Some people just cannot grasp that fact. Lets look at a few things that make a band "metal."
From what I learned metal is a sub-genre of rock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_music

Quote :

Heavy metal doesn't have to include distorted guitars or a drumkit. Metal can include anything, but it has to have that gut feeling of "metal" whan you listen to it. It has to take your mind to another world.
Everyone has a different gut feeling for different styles of metal. Different forms of metal have different sounds, sometimes similar or something very very different.

Quote :

"Joke" or "parody" bands are rarely considered metal in my book, save for a couple of bands who do it sarcastically.
Or perhaps their lyrical theme could be a parody of metal?

Quote :

So, Nightwish. Metal or nonmetal? They strike me more as symphonic rock than anything, but they most certainly are not metal. Plus, they are a pointless band who has furthered metal in the wrong direction by calling themselves "power metal" and influencing other bands to do the same, not to mention their music stinks.
Sorry to bust your balls... but... http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=39 && vvvvvvvvvvvv
Senrae wrote:

From what I learned metal is a sub-genre of rock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_music



((Though I do realize that these are alll just opinions. Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Metal? I guess, fuck if I know. Do they suck? Most definitely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:06 pm

I mean they are widely regarded as metal. Link says they aren't metal in his attempts to piss me off (for whatever reason), but there really is no basis for saying that they aren't other than "they don't sound good to me"

At least that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Senrae wrote:
Master Cthulhu wrote:

Metal music is the ultimate expression of musical art. In no otehr genre of music can you find such diversity, or such a wide range of subjects and emotions.
Metal is very diverse, but if you sit down and take the time to listen to other genres you will find that they are quite diverse as well. Unwillingly I have sat through my little sisters pop for a few years, and I find that they have the same favorite genre, but that genre has different styles in their genre. Depends.
There are so many different types of metal out there, some you may like, some you may not; some that, a morjority you hate but may find a band or two within very entertaining. (In your case Symphonic/Power metal Nightwish is a no.)

Quote :

Metal is an underground form of music, and the best bands will never be mainstream simply because it is the complete opposite of what corporate douchebags or "clubbers" want to hear.
Untrue, there are plenty of people out there who can enjoy a good hyped band. Like Slipknot and Korn, I personally don't find them to be good, but a ton of other people do. They are in fact metal... Nu Metal. Which, a lot of people don't like but will have to accept, is metal.


Quote :

Some bands are metal, some bands are not. Some people just cannot grasp that fact. Lets look at a few things that make a band "metal."
From what I learned metal is a sub-genre of rock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_music

Quote :

Heavy metal doesn't have to include distorted guitars or a drumkit. Metal can include anything, but it has to have that gut feeling of "metal" whan you listen to it. It has to take your mind to another world.
Everyone has a different gut feeling for different styles of metal. Different forms of metal have different sounds, sometimes similar or something very very different.

Quote :

"Joke" or "parody" bands are rarely considered metal in my book, save for a couple of bands who do it sarcastically.
Or perhaps their lyrical theme could be a parody of metal?

Quote :

So, Nightwish. Metal or nonmetal? They strike me more as symphonic rock than anything, but they most certainly are not metal. Plus, they are a pointless band who has furthered metal in the wrong direction by calling themselves "power metal" and influencing other bands to do the same, not to mention their music stinks.
Sorry to bust your balls... but... http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=39 && vvvvvvvvvvvv
Senrae wrote:

From what I learned metal is a sub-genre of rock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_music



((Though I do realize that these are alll just opinions. Razz ))

Nu Metal isn't metal because it lacks certain things that metal usually needs, like riffs. Also, I would say metal is a genre in and of itself because all it really ha sin common with rock are the instruments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others, but can you honestly say this does not have a heavy metal riff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpe2uHHLVY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486631
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Metal evolved out of rock, but that doesn't make it a subgenre of it. Rock evolved from blues and African American music, does that make it a subgenre of those?

And I'm sigging that Taxer, I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Axe wrote:
I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others, but can you honestly say this does not have a heavy metal riff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpe2uHHLVY&feature=related

Older stuff sounded metal, looked up some newer shit and I was a bit iffy on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:10 pm

The first 20 seconds of this song have nothing to do with metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJIBtqunHY&feature=related

And afterwords there are no riffs to be found.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Their newer stuff is a lot less so. It adds much more gothic elements to the music, and slower tempos. There are still some heavier sounding songs on the newer albums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYEVYnuuME

I mean, they aren't a heavy band, but you know what I mean. Heavier than some of their songs that barely have any guitars lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Nu Metal isn't metal because it lacks certain things that metal usually needs, like riffs. Also, I would say metal is a genre in and of itself because all it really ha sin common with rock are the instruments.
Nu-Metal is most certainly metal! Majority of what I heard me thinks is terrible but it's still good. Maybe this lack of rifts is why most metal fans don't like it?
&& I was just saying what I learned... metal being a subgenre of rock from another forum and used wiki as an example. XD
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:13 pm

A new singer is like a new instrument which has a major effect on how a band can sound. Me no likes new Nightwish. Tarja sounded better.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486631
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Tarja sounded infinitely better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:15 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
The first 20 seconds of this song have nothing to do with metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJIBtqunHY&feature=related

And afterwords there are no riffs to be found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_7vFI302Sw

Just because something has blast beats and other shit doesn't make it metal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:16 pm


I adore this song but I think that misheard lyrics are funny. XD
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Senrae wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Nu Metal isn't metal because it lacks certain things that metal usually needs, like riffs. Also, I would say metal is a genre in and of itself because all it really ha sin common with rock are the instruments.
Nu-Metal is most certainly metal! Majority of what I heard me thinks is terrible but it's still good. Maybe this lack of rifts is why most metal fans don't like it?
&& I was just saying what I learned... metal being a subgenre of rock from another forum and used wiki as an example. XD

Because wikipedia is the ultimate source of information. Besides, nu metal isn't metal due to structural things. Sure you can have some bands that sound more metal, but you have to remember that nu metal is just a blanket term that applies to the rap rock, groove, and other bullshit stuff. Kinda the same way hair metal applied to both Poison and Judas Priest back in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Nu Metal isn't metal because it lacks certain things that metal usually needs, like riffs. Also, I would say metal is a genre in and of itself because all it really ha sin common with rock are the instruments.
Nu-Metal is most certainly metal! Majority of what I heard me thinks is terrible but it's still good. Maybe this lack of rifts is why most metal fans don't like it?
&& I was just saying what I learned... metal being a subgenre of rock from another forum and used wiki as an example. XD

Because wikipedia is the ultimate source or information. Besides, nu metal isn't metal due to structural things. Sure you can have some bands that sound more metal, but you have to remember that nu metal is just a blanket term that applies to the rap rock, groove, and other bullshit stuff. Kinda the same way hair metal applied to both Poison and Judas Priest back in the 80s.
*cannot find the words to try and prove to you that nu metal is sub-genre of metal* Sad

UFhahfsuiaKNfjahgjkaf ak
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Its definitely not opera. That's the next thing its close to.

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11388
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Nu Metal isn't metal because it lacks certain things that metal usually needs, like riffs. Also, I would say metal is a genre in and of itself because all it really ha sin common with rock are the instruments.
Nu-Metal is most certainly metal! Majority of what I heard me thinks is terrible but it's still good. Maybe this lack of rifts is why most metal fans don't like it?
&& I was just saying what I learned... metal being a subgenre of rock from another forum and used wiki as an example. XD

Because wikipedia is the ultimate source of information. Besides, nu metal isn't metal due to structural things. Sure you can have some bands that sound more metal, but you have to remember that nu metal is just a blanket term that applies to the rap rock, groove, and other bullshit stuff. Kinda the same way hair metal applied to both Poison and Judas Priest back in the 80s.
I'll admit that this is one thing I agree with Taxer on. Nu metal is more hard rock with metal influences than a subgenre of metal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockrocks
A Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 289
Hedonistic Glory : 3050
Reputation : 7
Joined In : 2010-04-27
Location : somewhere out in space

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm with Taxer. To me Nu metal is based on one thing: Terrible, boring riffs and it makes the music lame.

I remember what one man said: It's mind boggling how Nightwish can have some pretty good stuff on some albums, but have boring generic stuff on others. I do think they are metal (at least with some albums: ie Wishmaster and Once).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Regardless, Nightwish is symphonic/power metal. Nu-metal sucks ass, but I still think it should be considered metal. Regardless of how popularized and generic it is. But you cannot use the argument that it doesn't "sound" like metal, because nothing today sounds like the original metal black sabbath created all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Axe wrote:
Regardless, Nightwish is symphonic/power metal. Nu-metal sucks ass, but I still think it should be considered metal. Regardless of how popularized and generic it is. But you cannot use the argument that it doesn't "sound" like metal, because nothing today sounds like the original metal black sabbath created all those years ago.

Sleep and most of stoner metal says hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymsB9PD7Tto
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:44 am

Lol that kind of music is the only REAL metal, by that argument.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockrocks
A Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 289
Hedonistic Glory : 3050
Reputation : 7
Joined In : 2010-04-27
Location : somewhere out in space

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:39 am

I suppose you're right, good Axe. I'm still not happy about the idea of Nu Metal. I'd rather listen to Manilla Road (which is awesome).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 am

Blah blah blah!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 am

I guess it all comes down to opinion. :B
I loooked it up on wiki and it said subgenre of metal... looked it up other places and it said it's hard-rock... ahnd etcetctetcecTETCET
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486631
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Axe wrote:
Lol that kind of music is the only REAL metal, by that argument.

uh, you basically interpreted my argument the exact opposite as intended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:04 pm

I think I trolled enough. But I say they aren't metal. But really, who cares? Let people who hate them not waste their time on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Axe wrote:
Lol that kind of music is the only REAL metal, by that argument.

uh, you basically interpreted my argument the exact opposite as intended.

Lol I just meant that if bands aren't metal if they don't have that metal feel, then the only metal bands are doom metal bands. And that is a valid argument.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Axe wrote:
I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others, but can you honestly say this does not have a rock riff with basic rock beats over it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpe2uHHLVY&feature=related

Returning the favor, douchequeer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Plus, that riff, even if you say it's heavy metal, it's nowhere near, MAYBE glam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Fuck Nightwish.


'Nuf said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm

link wrote:
Axe wrote:
I agree, metal has separated itself from rock music. But some Nightwish songs sound less metal than others. Can you honestly say that generic tech death bands have more talent or soul than a unique genre inventor? I think not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpe2uHHLVY&feature=related

Returning the favor, douchequeer.

Right back atcha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Fuck Nightwish.


'Nuf said.

You like Cannibal Corpse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:39 pm

You like Billy Talent



LOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Axe wrote:
Bloodbeast wrote:
Fuck Nightwish.


'Nuf said.

You like Cannibal Corpse
And you'd sodomize an Ensiferum CD without the god damn common courtesy of giving it a reach around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11756
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:44 pm

link wrote:
You like Billy Talent



LOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 pm

What's with all the hate for Billy Talent?

And if I could have sex with an Ensiferum CD, I probably would. It provides me with ear sex, so might as well return the favor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11756
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Whats with the hate for Cannibal Corpse?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey! No fair! I asked you first! lol

idk I don't really care for them. They're okay

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Friendly troll on billy talent bud.


But in truth, Billy Talent is turrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Axe wrote:
What's with all the hate for Billy Talent?

And if I could have sex with an Ensiferum CD, I probably would. It provides me with ear sex, so might as well return the favor.
So all those "ear infections" you get is actually because Petri doesn't have the common sense to pull out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:
What's with all the hate for Billy Talent?

And if I could have sex with an Ensiferum CD, I probably would. It provides me with ear sex, so might as well return the favor.
So all those "ear infections" you get is actually because Petri doesn't have the common sense to pull out?

Tell me you like Ensiferum.... this is important. They are supposed to be the one band most everyone can agree on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11756
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Axe wrote:
Hey! No fair! I asked you first! lol

idk I don't really care for them. They're okay

Spoiler:
 

No u! Or something like that lol. I love friendly trolling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Petri came from norther.































Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Axe wrote:
Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:
What's with all the hate for Billy Talent?

And if I could have sex with an Ensiferum CD, I probably would. It provides me with ear sex, so might as well return the favor.
So all those "ear infections" you get is actually because Petri doesn't have the common sense to pull out?

Tell me you like Ensiferum.... this is important. They are supposed to be the one band most everyone can agree on!
I use to enjoy Ensiferum, but all over indulgence and praise and adoration most everyone expresses towards them has left me feeling malice towards them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

blackstar wrote:
Axe wrote:
Hey! No fair! I asked you first! lol

idk I don't really care for them. They're okay

Spoiler:
 

No me!

ho ho ho!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:
Bloodbeast wrote:
Axe wrote:
What's with all the hate for Billy Talent?

And if I could have sex with an Ensiferum CD, I probably would. It provides me with ear sex, so might as well return the favor.
So all those "ear infections" you get is actually because Petri doesn't have the common sense to pull out?

Tell me you like Ensiferum.... this is important. They are supposed to be the one band most everyone can agree on!
I use to enjoy Ensiferum, but all over indulgence and praise and adoration most everyone expresses towards them has left me feeling malice towards them.

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?   

Back to top Go down
 
Nightwish: Metal or Non-metal?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Suzuka Nakamoto a.k.a. SU-METAL
» Best Nu Metal singer
» LaVeyan Satanism
» Farage suggests Conservative pact at secret dinner with Murdoch
» Ammo boxes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Rarefied Refrains and Majestic Melodies-
Jump to: