Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:44 am

This list to for games that go out of their way to be creative

#10- Stubbs The Zombie- Dance Battle

So you just finish a massive fight in a police station and you find the General. You think your going to get in a huge fight. No, you fucking dance battle him to: Mr.Sandman, Earth Angel and other 50s songs you'll recognize. Truly epic lulz.

#9- Ninja Gaiden 2- Framerate dropping fight
So near the end of the game, when your all badass with your weapons and your good at the game. You have to ascend these stairs and literally fight 100 of the games easiest enemies. There is so many guys attacking you on screen that the framerate drops to half speed. Usually I'd get pissed off, but the slow mo at times made this fight incredibly epic and it gives you tons of time to dodge the incoming attacks from the onslaught.

#8- Fear- Fighting in the Nightmare

For the most part of FEAR, you will see creepy shit that will jump at you, but it never actually damaged your health. Nearing the end, you are in really dark and blurry scenes where you have to actually shoot the freaky looking demons lunging at you. You will never be orientated and you will always have to approach the godamn scary little girl. The only good parts of this game are the nightmares, but its almost worth baring through the really boring shooting parts for these thrills.

#7- Blazblue- True Story Mode

Its a struggle to fight the final guys. They are all really tough and they block most attacks you think of, so you have to only attack when you mean it. No random swings or you'll pay. Near the end, stuff in the story ensues, kind of DragonballZ style where your all dying but somehow you've never been stronger and you get infinite special, which means you can unless your game winning attacks nonstop in an adrenaline rush that I almost never get in fighting games. Truly an epic finale.

#6- Oblivion- Assassins Guild
So you go into this house with a bunch of folks who believe their is treasure hidden in the home. There isn't. You have to kill everyone actually. You can either sneak around and pick them off one by one and watch them go mad. Or you can convince them to kill each other. Its so much fun seeing what people say and do. Straight up, an incredible mission.

#5- Halo- Battle between Flood and Aliens
In the original Halo, the second last level holds an epic battle between the Aliens and the Flood. And your in the middle of it. Typically you can just make a break for a banshee, or you can make a difference in the war. Any route you choose is incredibly fun.

#4- Paper Mario- Controlling Peach

I wont lie, when I was controlling Peach at first I thought it was a huge hassle. But then a really funny thing happened. Bowser came up to me and started asking me what Mario hates the most. He gave options that you got to choose. Some of the questions were: What does he hate the most? Hammer Brother, 15 Shyguys, Or a Star rod. It was just hilarious because whatever you choose would show up a lot in the next level. I just found this extremely amusing. Especially when I played the second time through and ended the level with a ton of powerups.

#3 Fallout 3- Tranquility Lane

You step in some machine thing and all of a sudden your a young kid in a black in white street. Everyone knows who you are and you have no idea where your dad is. Only one little girl knows what is going on, and she wants you to terrorize the people on the street. By terrorize I mean breaking up families and becoming a serial killer that everyone is afraid of. Its pretty hilarious. You can also take an alternate route that I wont ruin, because its also pretty funny.

#2- Breakdown- Tripping out sequences

You go back in time so you can beat this beast of a man shown above, because you cannot win the first time. And the game rewards you later by absolutely hallucinating. You go through similar sequences that you experienced in the tutorial. Only instead of shooting targets, your friends appear and explain important quotes as you shoot them all. While this is happening, a overhead speaker with your friends voice taunts you, unlike in the tutorial where he had helped you. Its a complete experience and so much fun to play through. Serious movie material almost.

#1- Zelda- Fighting Ganondorf

You go through hell to find this guy in one of the longest, most fun games ever. You start off as a kid and play through challenges until you eventually have to go into the future where you are a man, and Ganondorf has completely fucked up everything you've seen as a kid. After going through temple after temple you finally get to the big man himself. Your buddy has no idea what his weakness is, and you have fought teasing fake Ganondorfs in the past, in the Forest temple I believe. When you finally kill this guy. You finally save the princess and have to flee the castle before it crumbles. As your doing so you must fight tough enemies that you have encountered throughout the game in this frantic chase. Eventually when you escape you find Ganondorf who gets pissed off and reveals his true beastly form, where you must use the special light arrows. This is almost too awesome and movie like. The hero finds a weapon that is too powerful to waste on an average foe, but you quickly find out how powerful they are when used on Ganon, when he is stopped dead. The fight is long but not hard. Its incredibly fun and you really feel for the heroes journey

Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11386
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:16 pm

The finale of Metal Gear Solid 4. Shit was EPIC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:29 pm

If I had a PS3, that one be the first thing I'd play, it looks so fun. The other Metal Girth solid games are too hard for me lol

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:38 pm

It's soooooo good. I actually can't think of anything wrong with it. It's damn near perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6677
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:57 pm

I remember the ninja gaiden Moment it was so awesome fighting a Horde of enemies like that
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:34 pm

You played it eh!
Did the framerate drop for you too? It was so fun, it wasn't even hard either, just plain epic

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6677
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:43 pm

dude everyones frame rate dropped lol. I still haven`t beaten it though I have no healing items for the final boss I`m thinking of playing through the whole game all over again but then I'd have to fight that stupid electric fish thing and the worm I fucking hate those guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:27 pm

You can probably squeeze by the first two without healing by yeah no way your getting through it all by yourself. How did you end up with nothing at the end? Your usually filthy rich by then

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Number one should be fighting Sephiroth in FFVII.

Awesome battlle.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9787
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Number one should be fighting Sephiroth in FFVII.

Awesome battlle.
WIN! I loved that game soooooo much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:11 am

disagree. this is the most [EPIC/] moment in gaming. This guy makes it less epic with his commentary, but kinda funny. KOTOR MASSIVE SPOILER.

Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah, that was pretty badass. I loved the KOTOR games. Are they ever gonna make a third one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:05 pm

yeah, its a PC exclusive MMO RPG. Story driven and spectacular-looking. Im gonna buy an $800 PC to play it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Now I really want to rebuy the first two again

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 pm

That guy looks like an infant

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:24 pm

his nerdliness scares even me. dont worry, you don't have to see that guy for most of the vid. watch it.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:19 pm

I've heard of this game. I refuse to accept that KOTOR3 is a MMORPG. It's an unforgivable act of atrocity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Darkflame wrote:
I've heard of this game. I refuse to accept that KOTOR3 is a MMORPG. It's an unforgivable act of atrocity.
i was initially upset, too. but only cuz i couldnt play on console. they're still keeping a dynamic storyline and companion characters. It's the ultimate KOTOR game. Trust me. It's like 6 KOTORs in one. Each class gets a story that COMPLETELY unique of the others. There are 8 classes. SO EPIC!!!!
Back to top Go down
Namine Heart
Top Lad

Number of posts : 119
Hedonistic Glory : 2955
Joined In : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:17 pm

I freaking owned #10! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
i was initially upset, too. but only cuz i couldnt play on console. they're still keeping a dynamic storyline and companion characters. It's the ultimate KOTOR game. Trust me. It's like 6 KOTORs in one. Each class gets a story that COMPLETELY unique of the others. There are 8 classes. SO EPIC!!!!
But, at the end of the day it's still an MMO. Which means monotonous quests, annoying 11-year-olds and it's kind of hard to feel like you're part of a major storyline when there's thousands of other people doing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:57 pm

I agree completely DF. MMO's take way too much time. And the end goal is to kill other human players. I would much rather interact in a dialog written by great script writers with lifelike characters and progress plot and background information on an epic quest. Sure the MMO would have some great team battles, but who the hell wants to be vulnerable to a bunch of level 100 twelve year olds who can kill you and take your stuff at any moment?

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, and they all tend to have those grinding "kill so many of these" or "collect so many of these" quests. It's fucking boring. I tried WoW once and it got boring after about 3 days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:55 pm

I hate MMO's so much. They are as close as you can get to having a second job

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

I have a friend who plays WoW religiously. I don't know what he sees in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm guessing he loves progression, his friends, and the atmosphere
Can't see any other reason

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:58 pm

I have to admit, it is fun to play it with friends though. When I did the trial it was pretty boring when I wasn't playing with a friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Gravy Gulper wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
But, at the end of the day it's still an MMO. Which means monotonous quests, annoying 11-year-olds and it's kind of hard to feel like you're part of a major storyline when there's thousands of other people doing the same thing.
I consider this video to have defeated your argument completely, except for your point about the time consumption. As you can see, story and the # of other players doesn't interfere with the epicness. The quests are NOT boring kill x-# of enemies and the other players don't show up unless you want them to. This guy quested with a bounty hunter and there's no other player there. You lose, sir.

Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4063
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:05 pm

The ending to God of War III was pretty badass but not as satisfying as I would have wanted it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
Gravy Gulper wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
I consider this video to have defeated your argument completely, except for your point about the time consumption. As you can see, story and the # of other players doesn't interfere with the epicness. The quests are NOT boring kill x-# of enemies and the other players don't show up unless you want them to. This guy quested with a bounty hunter and there's no other player there. You lose, sir.

...OK I admit that was badass. I'm actually interested in trying this out now, but probably can't since my PC will never be able to run it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:31 pm

you've got til 2011. Save up for a gaming PC, like me. I found these 2 rigs. Ima get the $800 one, cuz i dont trust $500 PCs.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/how_build_a_kickass_800_gaming_pc
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/build_a_500_pc_play_crysis_40fps
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10450
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:00 am

PFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Those will be so much cheaper dude. get QUALITY, not cheap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 am

I don't have much money though. I'd have to save up for a fucking age to buy a proper gaming computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10450
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:53 pm

I could build help you build one with better parts for the same price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4847
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:08 pm

You mean, find him a faulty, cheaply made motherboard that'll get fried in four months?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments   

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Most Badass Game Moments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1