Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My top 4 favourite systems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25408
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:39 pm

I have got to say my favourite are the following. Never owned a playstation console or else one would be sure to be here

#4- Gamecube
Smash brothers alone made this console worth getting. Who in the world does not want to see Bowser fight Ganondorf, or Link and Mario. It was a complete improvement from the N64 version. It had the perfect balance of levels and you unlocked stuff in perfect progress. Other notable games included: Mario Sunshine, Zelda Windwalker...waker? I don't know, Luigi's Manson, Resident godamn evil 4. RE4 was incredible, I would easily rebuy this one. Gamecube even had a good Sonic game! Sonic adventure 2 battle. It had a wide load of mission variety and you were able to raise these creatures called Chu's, and you fed them powerups that you collected in missions and you can turn them into angels or devils, then have them fight, race or whatever against your friends.

#3- Xbox 360- A very good system, however it is also very good at breaking. I would give this a higher ranking if not for its high failure rate. The 360 can play maybe 100 backward compatible games. But some really stupid choices were made such as: Barbie™ Horse Adventures™ Wild Horse Rescue™, and godamn Alias and other stupid games based on movies while gems like Voodoo Vince, Otgoi, and Oddworld Strangers Wrath among many other games were hung out to dry. However, the system has many games that I enjoyed, some of which include: Oblivion, Gears of war, Fallout 3, Halo 3, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Culdcept Saga, and etc. I really enjoy single player experiences, and this system is really dominated by its online play mainly generated by Halo and Call of Duty which I do not care for. After two months of playing those games online you really felt like you've done everything, there is nothing left to unlock. I would rate this system higher than the Xbox if it didn't breakitselfdown.

#2. N64- My first system, and it was a tank. Every time I bought a new game, I would beat it at least 4-5 times. Can't say I'd ever like a game enough to do that. Zelda and Mario 64 were behemoth hits that offered a lengthy adventure. But then Nintendo pulled some bullshit by releasing an expansion pack that was needed to play a bunch of hits such as Donkey Kong 64. This almost doubled the price of the game. When I was 9, it took me a year to save up to buy something worth $40, so there was no way I could ever own any of the expansion games. On the plus side, Mario games were strong enough to keep my attention. Also, Starfox 64, the only game that doesn't let you save that I truly love.

#1. Xbox- What a incredible system. You never ever have to worry about running out of memory. Never have I ever had less than 50000+ remaining space. Let me begin to mention the amount of incredible titles that this system offers:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Star Wars KOTOR 1 & 2
Jade Empire
Oddworld Munch's Odyssey, Oddworld Strangers Wrath
Star wars Battlefront
Breakdown
Fable
Ninja Gaiden
Morrowind
Three GTA games
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Crimson Skies
Armed and Dangerous
Max Payne
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Prince of Persia
It really never ends, it was an awesome system and it near zero technical problems

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:19 pm

PS3
Dreamcast
PS2
DS
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10843
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:42 pm

PS2

Who doesn't love the PS2? One of the largest libraries and tons of awesome games. Would have ranked higher if mine didn't break so damn early after I bought it. Some favorites off it are Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal gear Solid 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Marvel vs Capcom 2.

GC

Really underrated but it has some goddamn awesome games. Sure it didn't get much third party games, but the first party games alone were awesome enough to keep you playing for hours on end. And as byd mentioned, Super Smash Bros Melee was the shit. One of the most awesome multi-player games ever. Close behind it was Times Splitters 2. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Some favorite games are Super Smash Bros. Melee, Time Splitters 2, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, RE4, Phantasy Star Online, Metroid Prime.

GBA

The other workhorse of "systems." Yeah I know, "LOL HANDHELDS DONT COWNT OLOLOL" well fuck you too man. GBA beats the shit out of your mother. With an awesome library AND backwards compatibility made the GBA so damn awesome. Games I loved off it were Metroid Fusion, Fire Emblem, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Golden Sun.

N64

Nostalgia wins it for me. N64 was my first video game system and I still love it to this day. Man I feel like playing some N64 right about now. Some favorites off it are Super Mario 64 Mario Kart 64, Starfox 64, Goldeneye 64.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4123
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:02 pm

PS3
PS2
PC
Xbox 360
These are the four systems that I consider to be the best at this point in time. I still would rank the PS2 over the Wii because the PS2 is the system that's been best to me. I've had a lot of great times with it over years I had it and it still does its job since the PS3 won't play fucking ps2 games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:27 pm

ThatNaggerGuy wrote:
since the PS3 won't play fucking ps2 games.

Correction: your PS3 won't. Mine plays both PS2 and PS1 games.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:30 pm

How much are PS2's nowadays?

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 pm

breakyoudown wrote:

Like $100 new, you could probably score one under $50 on ebay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:31 pm

If my Xbox 360 breaks again I am going to be so pissed.

The PS2 doesn't have a USB slot does it?

Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4907
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Playstation 2
N64
Sega
GBA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9847
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 pm

PS2 - Awesome game selections
PS1 - Awesome game selections
Nintendo DS - Pretty cool game selections
Gameboy Advanced - Awesome game selections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:43 pm

I have a few gameboy games, but I only ever play Pokemon, I don't like the others

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6737
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:33 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:

Like $100 new

where do you find a new ps2 now a days? lol

I will have to go:

1. N64
2. Xbox 360
3. DS
4. Sega Genesis
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10510
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:43 pm

PS2
GBA
N64
PC
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16111
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:53 pm

In no order

Xbox 360
It's not a workhorse (obviously from the massive failure rate) but it has one of the best game libraries ever. Great originals and the best multiplatform games of the generation are on this console. There are only a handful of worthwhile PS3 games that aren't also on the Xbox 360, and we can forget about the Wii. With titles like Mass Effect, Halo, Ace Combat, Crackdown, Dead Rising, and Fable, the 360 easily has the best library of the current generation.

Super Nintendo
It was my first console, so of course it has a huge nostalgia factor. I like all of the easily accessible games that were for this console. It also helped launch some of the lasting nintendo franchises.

Xbox
Basically the same thing as the 360, but with amazing reliability.

Gamecube
Regardless of it's unpopularity, I loved the gamecube. It had all of the great nintendo classics that I loved in a new generation, and without shitty gimmick motion controls. You could also play pretty much every Zelda ever on this console, because of the collectors edition compilation, the new releases, and the gameboy player which made it so you could play all of your gameboy games on a tv.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:05 am

1) Sex Box 360 - Tons O' Great Games (more 'n PS3), Affordable, DvDs, Netflix, XBL. 'Nuff Said. Only problem, sometimes they break.

2) PS2 - For me, the PS2 was the dominant console of my chidhood. Dragon Ball Z, Spyro, PS1 games, Champions of Norrath and more. Classic Console.

3) PC- Graphics can exceed Consoles, Modding, MMORPG's (like SW:TOR), community and the ability to do things that simply aren't possible on consoles. As a next gen console, it transcends the PS3 and Wii, challenging the 360.

4) Gameboy Color - Also Classic, but has nothing else going for it, save Pokemon. But who cares about #4? #4 is a loser.
Back to top Go down
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4064
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:28 am

1. DS - God I love this thing. Amazing library, portable, and I don't have to ram batteries up its ass every week. Thanks to some 'special purchases', this system is now almost perfect in my eyes. Buy one. Best purchase you will ever make.
Notable games: Jump Ulitmate Stars, Pokemon SoulSilver, The World Ends With You

2. Xbox 360 - Like what D said. If these things didnt have a 50% of blowing up in your face everytime you turned it on, it would be rated higher. I love my online multiplayer. This system has it. You can play movies, games, music, etc. Its a fucking PC basically. Sadly, if you have one of those weird mental things going on that make so you have to complete everything 100%, stay the fuck away. Achievements are fucking devil spawns (I love them so much).
Notable games: Gears of War 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Bayonetta

3. GameCube - This console is a lot like the movie, Jumper. 85% of the populous hate its guts, but the other 15% are approving. It had its amazing games. Recently I've been going out and rebuying the ones i regretted selling. It had 2 online games. That makes me lol.
Notable games: Lost Kingdoms 2, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4

4. PS2/Wii - I loved the PS2 back in the day. I can't say much more as I haven't touched mine in forever as I've been busy with the other bad boys.
Notable games: Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry 3, Kingdom Hearts 2
Wii. I like it cuz it's backwards compatible, and the games are cool.
Notable games: Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Smash Bros. Brawl, New Play Control! Pikmin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

Number of posts : 557
Hedonistic Glory : 3892
Joined In : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:08 pm

-Xbox 360
-PS2
-N64
-PS3
-SNES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/e_money05

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:20 pm

No love for the Dreamcast? 😕
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
No love for the Dreamcast? 😕

No one even owned a Dreamcast dood
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10510
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:17 pm

It's true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Lol I'm not very up to date with the systems, but these what I owned:

PS2
N64
Wii
GB Advanced

xDDD

Oh and I like computers for MMOs (when really bored) and XBox 360 when I go to my friend's pace to play Sou Calibur 4 & L4D2 online >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My top 4 favourite systems   

Back to top Go down

My top 4 favourite systems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1