Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What songs have you learned how to play......recently

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11330
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Don't get me wrong I actually kinda like it, but these twats singing it to anyone named Stacey made me resent it a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15995
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:52 am

Anything that gets played as much as that did back in the day generally annoys me. Bubble gum music in general annoys me, but especially when it's overplayed.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11698
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:03 am

You people and being annoyed by peoples opinions and the amount a something is played. And calling Fountains of Wayne bubblegum is hilarious in all honesty because I doubt many people can name another song they wrote. And also be realistic with yourself Axe some of your favorite bands in their day were heavy air play and big sellers with screaming fans. So all of your attitude about "popular" bands is a bit amusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 am

But I wasn't around to listen to it. You would agree if it was something you didn't like, and you know it Blackstar.

I'm not putting it down, I'm saying I don't really like it because I have heard it so many times that it's completely stale. And it was stale for me after the first listen. And what does me knowing any of their other songs have to do with that song being complete bubble gum music?

Oh and I also said nothing about any one else's opinion of it. I stated my opinion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:14 am

I don't listen to radio or anything like that so if I don't like something I tune it out. Simple and done. It's just the idea that you pretty much said it was bad because it was "bubblegum" and played a lot.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:29 am

Well it's kind of comedy pop. Comedy music is good every now and then but if it's the same song over and over again it loses it's funny aspect. And I rarely listen to the radio either, but I did a little bit back when that song came out and it was overplayed. I say it's bubblegum music because it has no lasting value to me. But again, you are going to contort my personal beliefs to be some narrow minded insult against you or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:41 am

Meh that's just the way I saw that phrase. We agree to much I have to find something for us to argue about or the rest of the forum will get suspicious and think we are friends >_>
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10727
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Gorguts - Obscrua

Really fun to play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486573
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Axe wrote:
Well it's kind of comedy pop. Comedy music is good every now and then but if it's the same song over and over again it loses it's funny aspect. And I rarely listen to the radio either, but I did a little bit back when that song came out and it was overplayed. I say it's bubblegum music because it has no lasting value to me. But again, you are going to contort my personal beliefs to be some narrow minded insult against you or something.

That's why everyone should listen to Hospital of Death
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11330
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:58 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:
Axe wrote:

That's why everyone should listen to Hospital of Death
Weren't they on Metalscape? I vaguely remember liking them. I could be thinking of a completely different band though. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What songs have you learned how to play......recently   

Back to top Go down

What songs have you learned how to play......recently
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2