Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 SAMURAI METAL!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:50 pm

interesting, so i posted it. i think i like it


_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25284
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Excellent post Lor! I love it
What album is this from? I have to own it

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10719
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:36 pm

More like more bad fruity folk metal with a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25284
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:47 pm

What makes it gimmicky?

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:51 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Excellent post Lor! I love it
What album is this from? I have to own it

i have no idea, i just stumbled upon it while on youtube. Thanks for the compliment and rep!!! Very Happy

Taxer666 wrote:
More like more bad fruity folk metal with a gimmick.
you know i know your gonna say that on every post i make, so there is no need to repeat yourself all the time. on every post i make now, i think i may write what you would say before you say it, for shits and giggles. Very Happy

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:53 pm

found the album and a review

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=37407

and a myspace

http://www.myspace.com/whisperedband

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486565
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:16 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
What makes it gimmicky?

you serious?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486565
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 pm

sounding pretty good this far though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Mista Conthulha wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:
What makes it gimmicky?

you serious?

well yeah, obviously "samurai" is the gimmick, but that only makes it interesting. it doesnt make the quality or artisitc value less at all to me. i liked it.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10719
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:49 pm

LOR wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:
Excellent post Lor! I love it
What album is this from? I have to own it

i have no idea, i just stumbled upon it while on youtube. Thanks for the compliment and rep!!! Very Happy

Taxer666 wrote:
More like more bad fruity folk metal with a gimmick.
you know i know your gonna say that on every post i make, so there is no need to repeat yourself all the time. on every post i make now, i think i may write what you would say before you say it, for shits and giggles. Very Happy

I'd say different things if you posted stuff other than fruity folk metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11322
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Taxer, seriously, it's just what he likes. Hell, it's what I like too.

I thought it was pretty awesome, LOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15987
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Taxer, you entertain me. I disagree with you a lot, but I think you improve this forum greatly with your amazingly simplistic yet effective trolling.

Anyway, I'll have to check this out.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25284
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:50 am

Yeah: Pirate, Viking, Samurai, demon slayer metal should just be called folk

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11690
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:52 am

Unless its Running wild which to me really isn't that Folky as much as its just balls out heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:57 am

Taxer666 wrote:
LOR wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:
Excellent post Lor! I love it
What album is this from? I have to own it

i have no idea, i just stumbled upon it while on youtube. Thanks for the compliment and rep!!! Very Happy

Taxer666 wrote:
More like more bad fruity folk metal with a gimmick.
you know i know your gonna say that on every post i make, so there is no need to repeat yourself all the time. on every post i make now, i think i may write what you would say before you say it, for shits and giggles. Very Happy

I'd say different things if you posted stuff other than fruity folk metal

Very Happy nothing wrong with fruity things taxer. dont be such a fruit-o-phobe Very Happy

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:01 am

Darkflame wrote:
Taxer, seriously, it's just what he likes. Hell, it's what I like too.

I thought it was pretty awesome, LOR.

thanks for the backup darkflame, but im actually over it. :pirat: i know that me and taxer will always be on opposite ends of things but i still respect him whole heartedly but NEVER listen to a word he says because of that reason. Very Happy

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11322
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 am

breakyoudown wrote:
Yeah: Pirate, Viking, Samurai, demon slayer metal should just be called folk
Demon slayer metal?

LOR wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
Taxer, seriously, it's just what he likes. Hell, it's what I like too.

I thought it was pretty awesome, LOR.

thanks for the backup darkflame, but im actually over it. :pirat: i know that me and taxer will always be on opposite ends of things but i still respect him whole heartedly but NEVER listen to a word he says because of that reason. Very Happy
Believe it or not, we actually agree on some things, but I just accept that he hates most things I listen to. LOL

No offense, Taxer. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25284
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:58 am

Sorry I meant Flames dragon demon slayer metal

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11322
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:01 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Sorry I meant Flames dragon demon slayer metal
Still nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Darkflame wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:
Yeah: Pirate, Viking, Samurai, demon slayer metal should just be called folk
Demon slayer metal?

LOR wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
Taxer, seriously, it's just what he likes. Hell, it's what I like too.

I thought it was pretty awesome, LOR.

thanks for the backup darkflame, but im actually over it. :pirat: i know that me and taxer will always be on opposite ends of things but i still respect him whole heartedly but NEVER listen to a word he says because of that reason. Very Happy
Believe it or not, we actually agree on some things, but I just accept that he hates most things I listen to. LOL

No offense, Taxer. LOL

same here lol

breakyoudown wrote:
Sorry I meant Flames dragon demon slayer metal

no, you meant wizard honor of the troll dragon slaying of demon hellfire fury cavern wilderness mountain breath tyrant of slaying battle ready angel shield metal

Darkflame wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:
Sorry I meant Flames dragon demon slayer metal
Still nothing.

see above

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10386
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Pretty good, I will give a full album a look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11322
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Oh, you mean wizard honor of the troll dragon slaying of demon hellfire fury cavern wilderness mountain breath tyrant of slaying battle ready angel shield metal? Why didn't you say so?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Hearing it called 'Samurai Metal' kinda threw me off, better than I expected ^^, I love oriental feels in musics, maybe because I am kinda oriental myself. xDDD Now if it had vox like in Onmyouza it could sound like opening of an anime or something :p
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486565
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:24 am

It's decent fruity power metal but for the love of Jesus don't call it "Samurai Metal."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4783
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:30 am

Taxer666 wrote:
More like more bad fruity folk metal with a gimmick.
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11106
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:29 am

Darkflame wrote:
Oh, you mean wizard honor of the troll dragon slaying of demon hellfire fury cavern wilderness mountain breath tyrant of slaying battle ready angel shield metal? Why didn't you say so?

my bad

Mista Conthulha wrote:
It's decent fruity power metal but for the love of Jesus don't call it "Samurai Metal."

it got your attention though didnt it? Very Happy

Bloodbeast wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
More like more bad fruity folk metal with a gimmick.
This.

Razz haters gonna hate

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11322
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:
It's decent fruity power metal but for the love of Jesus don't call it "Samurai Metal."
Yeah, I hate it when people call it "pirate metal" or "viking metal". Just call it folk metal. That's what it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486565
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:49 am

[quote="LOR"]
Darkflame wrote:

it got your attention though didnt it? Very Happy

"Japanese Themed Power Metal" would've been just as eye-catching.

"SAMURAI METAL!!!!!" made me want to just skip over this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25284
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Well Pantera calls itself Cowboy metal. There just trying to be their own thing.

Octopus metal

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486565
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 am

Cancer Metal

aka Comedy Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11322
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Fear Factory = Robot Metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SAMURAI METAL!!!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
SAMURAI METAL!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sengoku/Samurai Warriors 4 4-II
» Suzuka Nakamoto a.k.a. SU-METAL
» Best Nu Metal singer
» Burglar asked guard for directions to N4 after doing robbery
» LaVeyan Satanism

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Rarefied Refrains and Majestic Melodies-
Jump to: