Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Edit- The bands are done!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:27 am

Just because the album charts in sales doesn't mean it gets played. You still have to at least go through some trouble to find them, albeit not much. You get what I'm saying though. And I dont live in Europe, so I dont care. Europeans have great tastes in music, whereas the average american has a horrible taste in music because they enjoy snoop dogg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:31 am

I haven't heard much newer Children of Bodom but the older stuff rocks. One of my favorite power metal bands (or they used to be at least.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486634
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:03 am

Axe wrote:
Just because the album charts in sales doesn't mean it gets played. You still have to at least go through some trouble to find them, albeit not much. You get what I'm saying though. And I dont live in Europe, so I dont care. Europeans have great tastes in music, whereas the average american has a horrible taste in music because they enjoy snoop dogg

I can walk into any FYE and there will be guaranteed at least a couple CoB albums.

Does that make them bad? No, because I can also find Pink Floyd and The Doors every time, but it's usually a pretty big strike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4743
Reputation : 16
Joined In : 2009-06-04
Age : 75
Location : denver

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:20 pm

wintersun is everything I hate about music all rolled into one big lump of suck
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Kur, you hate everything though.

I agree with VR. I've actually heard like none of CoB's newer stuff but the stuff I have heard is pretty fucking good. And I do think a lot of bands are hated purely because they're popular.


Last edited by Darkflame on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4743
Reputation : 16
Joined In : 2009-06-04
Age : 75
Location : denver

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:24 pm

not true dolt. i sincerely hate fake overproduced studio no feeling at all in the music, sterile and layered to shit music that only invokes the feelings of it took a long time to do. and no i don't hate everything the list of shit i enjoy is a lot larger than all the music you have ever heard so stop being such a girl and just accept the fact that people can dislike stuff regardless of popularity. i enjoy a lot of popular bands
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:28 pm

So, basically, you only like black metal that sounds like it was made using toasters as amps?

Seriously, Wintersun have just the right amount of production.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4743
Reputation : 16
Joined In : 2009-06-04
Age : 75
Location : denver

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:32 pm

not in my opinion and how in the name of hell did you get that i like black metal that "was made using toasters as amps" out of what I just said? I don't even really listen to that much raw black metal. i like good production but I think we have completely different ideas about what constitutes good production
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11175
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:44 pm

to be honest, i dont think there is a gray area in what defines good production. their are stylistic differences, but its quite obvious when a production is good or poor. wintersun has mediocre production. also, do not preach about music having no feeling or not. thats why many people like music. stop thinking that the music with any passion and real artisitc value is the stuff you listen to. thats bullshit. dont be so freakin self centered. also, toasters are the main amp of choice for many black metal artists.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4743
Reputation : 16
Joined In : 2009-06-04
Age : 75
Location : denver

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:57 pm

oh hush you. you make zero good points. put some thought into your posts
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11175
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:02 pm

my bad

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4743
Reputation : 16
Joined In : 2009-06-04
Age : 75
Location : denver

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 pm

oh it's ok, i'm sure your intentions are fine. i think it's cool you guys dig stuff like wintersun. it's just garbage to me and I was simply stating why I don't like it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11175
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:06 pm

understandable good sir

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:46 pm

I think production value can be a good and bad thing. The Doors, for example, is my favorite band and their debut (which is my personal favorite of their releases) is essentially a live album with minimal overdubs. Their later albums, most specifically The Soft Parade, took them a long time to make because they were constantly overdubbing to get everything perfect. It's still an amazing album in my eyes, but for different reasons. The overproduction took a lot of the soul that could have been there otherwise.

In Wintersun's case, the whole point of the music is to just sound cool. It doesn't have to be essentially a live album to retain the soul, because the lyrical content and point of the music is not to press any kind of issue or point. It's not about some deep spiritual thing, it's about epic sounding fantasy themes.

My main point is people have different tastes in music because they look for different things in the music. The reason I like Burzum is not the same reason I like Ensiferum, which in turn is not the same reason I like Boston.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486634
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Axe wrote:
In Wintersun's case, the whole point of the music is to just sound cool. It doesn't have to be essentially a live album to retain the soul, because the lyrical content and point of the music is not to press any kind of issue or point. It's not about some deep spiritual thing, it's about epic sounding fantasy themes.

That's exactly what makes it suck. It's trying to be epic for the sake of being epic, but with no real reason to be epic! The reason things are "epic" is because you can feel the passion and the emotion behind the song. Wintersun tries to be epic by adding layers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:49 pm

What the fuck is this shit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Wintersun is epic and awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:55 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
What the fuck is this shit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11175
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:
Axe wrote:
In Wintersun's case, the whole point of the music is to just sound cool. It doesn't have to be essentially a live album to retain the soul, because the lyrical content and point of the music is not to press any kind of issue or point. It's not about some deep spiritual thing, it's about epic sounding fantasy themes.

That's exactly what makes it suck. It's trying to be epic for the sake of being epic, but with no real reason to be epic! The reason things are "epic" is because you can feel the passion and the emotion behind the song. Wintersun tries to be epic by adding layers.

i kinda agree with you. passion is what makes things epic- this is the truth. but wanting to try and achieve that is the reason to start writing and playing music to begin with. you can have passion by trying to be epic because that is what you are trying to acheive. epic is a certain feeling to me and i like when i feel that in music. you saying "there is no reason to be epic", threw me off. you can say the same thing about everything. every music is trying to "be" something. epic is just the feeling they are trying to convey which in music is the only motivation one needs. there needs to be no other reason.i dont really listen to wintersun that much so i cant really judge them, but when you say "they try to be epic by adding layers", im not so sure if thats a fact or just how you feel. if its fact, i can totally agree with you. but i still kinda beleive that jaris motivation is purely for the love of music and therefore his "passion" is genuine. "layers" was just part of the production. production should have no effect on how good or passionate a song is. good production should enhance it. bad can hinder it... unless your super kvlt.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:
Axe wrote:
In Wintersun's case, the whole point of the music is to just sound cool. It doesn't have to be essentially a live album to retain the soul, because the lyrical content and point of the music is not to press any kind of issue or point. It's not about some deep spiritual thing, it's about epic sounding fantasy themes.

That's exactly what makes it suck. It's trying to be epic for the sake of being epic, but with no real reason to be epic! The reason things are "epic" is because you can feel the passion and the emotion behind the song. Wintersun tries to be epic by adding layers.

I think Jari is very passionate about his music, it just isn't about some super serious topic. The intention is to sound awesome. It's not to be read into, like a lot of styles. Most of the music I love have lyrics and emotion that convey much greater meanings, but sometimes I just want to hear something that sounds badass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:43 am

Most bands like Wintersun don't take their lyrical themes seriously. It's all in the name of having something cool to sing about and sounding awesome.

I agree with Axe on the point of liking different bands for different reasons. I love the raw sound of Alice In Chain's Facelift and Sepultura's Chaos AD. But if I want something epic and don't care how produced it is, I'll listen to something along the lines of Equilibrium or Wintersun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:27 pm

lol at AiC and Chaos AD being raw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4743
Reputation : 16
Joined In : 2009-06-04
Age : 75
Location : denver

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:32 pm

yeah I had a wtf? moment there too but I didn't say anything because I'm trying to be less of a dick
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11175
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:11 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Most bands like Wintersun don't take their lyrical themes seriously. It's all in the name of having something cool to sing about and sounding awesome.

I agree with Axe on the point of liking different bands for different reasons. I love the raw sound of Alice In Chain's Facelift and Sepultura's Chaos AD. But if I want something epic and don't care how produced it is, I'll listen to something along the lines of Equilibrium or Wintersun.

equilibrium is REALLY well produced. just pudding that out there (im starving)

Lord Kur wrote:
yeah I had a wtf? moment there too but I didn't say anything because I'm trying to be less of a dick

rep

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 am

I find Wintersun's music to be quite passionate and soulful. And I've listened to the album quite a few times and I haven't gotten tired of it. I listen to it in alphabetical order though. It's the only way I like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11175
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:42 am

intrigueing [smokes pipe]

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 am

When will there be a round 2? Me wants to join!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25353
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 am

You can still join in round one, its not too late to vote! Visit the other thread in this section

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11175
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:16 pm

yay!!! senrae finally found out about it!!!!!! i call for a toast beer

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
lol at AiC and Chaos AD being raw.
Hey, I don't listen to kvt back metal. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
lol at AiC and Chaos AD being raw.
Hey, I don't listen to kvt back metal. LOL
Kvlt black metal its not the only raw music out there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:41 pm

It's pretty bloody raw though. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Not it isn't. Not even close to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Not all of it obviously. But...

Fuck you, you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Not all of it obviously. But...

Fuck you, you know what I mean.

no...we dont know what you mean?
and im just messing with you..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Leave me alone, I'm tired. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Darkflame is right, not necessarily in his examples but it can be raw in a different way. Some black metal is raw because they use toasters for amps and you can barely hear the riffs (no Taxer reference intended). But some music is raw simply because it isn't overdubbed as much or because the production isn't super good. I'd say Kill 'em All is a pretty raw thrash metal album, much in the same way The Doors' self titled album is raw because it's basically a live recording. Raw =/= shitty tone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 pm

No...just...no...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:19 pm

here we go again with the Raw not raw argument.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm

IB, just GTFO please. You obviously don't understand anything about any form of music other than black metal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah but AiC isn't raw. Gritty, sure, but not raw. And Chaos AD is just bad all around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Axe wrote:
IB, just GTFO please. You obviously don't understand anything about any form of music other than black metal

you made me gigles...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Yeah but AiC isn't raw. Gritty, sure, but not raw. And Chaos AD is just bad all around.

I hope at least you understand what I mean. His examples weren't the best. But music doesn't have to be black metal to be raw, which is something IB doesn't seem to understand I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10677
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Axe wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Yeah but AiC isn't raw. Gritty, sure, but not raw. And Chaos AD is just bad all around.

I hope at least you understand what I mean. His examples weren't the best. But music doesn't have to be black metal to be raw, which is something IB doesn't seem to understand I suppose.
did you atleast saw the entire convo to reach such conclusion?
i never said black metal was the only raw form of music...in fact...i said otherwise...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14934
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:09 pm

ImendiaBurzum, Axe, and Taxer666 wrote:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Brute wrote:
Derp derp neckbeard derp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14934
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:20 pm

i dont see how neckbeard goes along with "derp" but i can guess.....and this is assuming i have a neckbeard. ill have you know that all my facial hair currently is north of my chin line. i am not fat, so there is no way that i cant for some reason not find my chin.



_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Just because you don't have a neckbeard doesn't mean you aren't a neckbeard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Edit- The bands are done!   

Back to top Go down
 
Edit- The bands are done!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How to edit a .bbtheme file
» How can i edit HTML on my site?
» Restricting Ability of Users to Edit and Delete Posts/Topics
» NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!
» How does one edit their chatbox with CSS?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: