Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Dub Step

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11755
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 am

Axe wrote:
blackstar wrote:
Axe wrote:
I welcome dubstep. Scrillex was in a shitty screamo band before he made dubstep mixes. I think he was in From First to Last

There are so many things wrong with that statement.

As in? I mean I know you like that kind of music but I sure don't.

FFTL are awesome thats what : P
Actually a bizarre note on that there are several screamo and core musicians who do dubstep or dubstep related side projects rather interesting phenomenon imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16052
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:56 am

I agree, it is fairly interesting. I don't see really any connection music wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11171
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm

trilithonian wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:
You don't need a justification to enjoy something.

Only in the farthest reaches of the term "aesthetic" can this possibly be reasonable.

It helps to give a real entity to music we listen to by describing what it does, how it impacts or stimulates us. Especially in the realm of art, we aren't chained to a jargon of indescribable phenomena or trends; we understand what's going on in music. If we're dumb enough not to express why we appreciate something when we go out of our way to say it's "good," then "good" has no variable weight.


i can partially agree with this (at least to the extent im thinking. way too many big words and im dumb). i do firmly believe though that there are undescribable reasons why we enjoy things that cannot be explained at all. You can say you like the reason you enjoy some music is because of how aggressive it is- but that isnt saying anything. Whats aggression? theres plenty of music that has aggression, and most likely you will not like all of them. Simply stating aggression as a reason for liking something does not hold any weight to why you like it. Then of course, stating all of the aesthetic factors of the music you enjoy may seem to construct a better argument of why you enjoy something. Someone might say they enjoy the music that is aggressive, has technical prowess and has good strong vocals and good production. Stating aesthetic qualities can go as far as categorizing artists by genre. Using them to describe the reasons why you like them has limits. If you only used aesthetic arguments for your claims to liking something, you say that there is no "x factor" or special untouchable quality that the artist possess which is something i believe good music has. idk, maybe some would call it "passion" but that is also kind of aesthetic and probably the wrong word. Take for example everybody on this forum. We all enjoy different styles of music. Why? Deeper (and cliche) meanings may appear like, "it takes me to a different place etc etc" but WHY does it take that person to a deeper place? Its not because of the guitar tone. Its not just because of the lyrics (besides many of us admitted they dont even listen to the lyrics. ok and lyrics may be fo some artists like Bob dylan w/e). And its not the notes or guitar playing. You can say these things are why you enjoy them, and to an extent they are. But its not the ENTIRE reason you enjoy them. The real reason you enjoy it is just because you enjoy it. Aesthetic descriptions can help others understand why you enjoy it, but they will never fully understand what you are experiencing. Why do certain styles of music evoke certain feelings in different people? I am 100% certain that if people felt exactly what i feel when (just an example cuz its obvious) i listen to equilibrium, they would love them as much as i do. The fact that they dont, proves that they are not experiencing the same thing. How can this be when its the same music? All the aesthetic characteristics are there. "Well its just because of different tastes blah blah blah" would be the obvious rebuttle but once again, its only on a aesthetic level. There is a reason why we all have different tastes and im not sure we know exactly why. Therefore, when we say we like something,i think its just because we inately just like it.

btw, im realy loopy because of alot of cold medication. this probably doesnt make any sense at all and i dont even remember what i just wrote... but im gonna post anyway. Razz Was i arguing with someone? i dont think so. i hope not. uhhhhhhh........... ,,,,,,,,,,mmm,,,,............ yeah..................../////////;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; i think this was just some random though. and hi???????????..... Peace cheers

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Your entire post was circular logic.

We apply meaning to things that matter so that we may give a voice to the way that "indescribable" is. It is the same with any human emotion, thought or process. Art is no different.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14930
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 pm

blackstar wrote:
Axe wrote:
blackstar wrote:
Axe wrote:
I welcome dubstep. Scrillex was in a shitty screamo band before he made dubstep mixes. I think he was in From First to Last

There are so many things wrong with that statement.

As in? I mean I know you like that kind of music but I sure don't.

FFTL are awesome thats what : P
Actually a bizarre note on that there are several screamo and core musicians who do dubstep or dubstep related side projects rather interesting phenomenon imo.

such as?
links?

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9788
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:02 pm

trilithonian wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:
You don't need a justification to enjoy something.

Only in the farthest reaches of the term "aesthetic" can this possibly be reasonable.

It helps to give a real entity to music we listen to by describing what it does, how it impacts or stimulates us. Especially in the realm of art, we aren't chained to a jargon of indescribable phenomena or trends; we understand what's going on in music. If we're dumb enough not to express why we appreciate something when we go out of our way to say it's "good," then "good" has no variable weight.


I agree with your general point and my original statement. I personally don't care all that much about communicating the reasons I like various things to other people unless it's in a positive context (like sharing interests, empathy, etc.)

Lor: Experiences of music are, obviously, psychological. You hit upon the vagueness of the words we use to describe the reasons we like things well, but there is a reason behind it all nonetheless. I assume that's what you meant but I decided to put it in these words. And music has a different effect on different people, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11171
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 pm

i dont know what i meant. i was basically high.

im no better now, cuz now im nauseas for some reason.

tis strange

i think i want to say something?...

i agree-ish?

what is all this about again?







_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10673
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm

jesus christ...fucking stop Wall Texting the topic....its making me crave for dubstep...

*dunnnn dunnnn bummmm trnnnn pummmm dnmmmmm dummmmm*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11755
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Brute wrote:
blackstar wrote:
Axe wrote:
blackstar wrote:
Axe wrote:
I welcome dubstep. Scrillex was in a shitty screamo band before he made dubstep mixes. I think he was in From First to Last

There are so many things wrong with that statement.

As in? I mean I know you like that kind of music but I sure don't.

FFTL are awesome thats what : P
Actually a bizarre note on that there are several screamo and core musicians who do dubstep or dubstep related side projects rather interesting phenomenon imo.

such as?
links?

Like Big Chocolate from Waking the Cadaver does dubstep
Him and Mitch Lurker from Suicide Silence have a dubstep/deathcore crossover out now there are others but my brain isn't working atm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10784
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:16 pm

dubstep + pig sequels = ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10673
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11755
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
dubstep + pig sequels = ???


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBDqskQYxZ4

And really Mitch doesn't pig squeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10784
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Wow, I didn't think you couldn't get worse than cybergrind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11755
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:57 pm

I haven't really decided if I like it or not I think I want to because of Mitch but I'm reasonably meh about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11171
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:16 am

Taxer666 wrote:
dubstep + pig sequels = ???

brokencyde, the worst thing ever

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11755
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:18 am

Brokencyde is pretty goddamn shitty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10784
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:20 am

Brokencyde is club music plus pig squeals, not dumbstep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11755
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 am

Doesn't matter its pretty fucking shitty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10784
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 am

Well, at least we can agree on that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11171
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:25 am

its the shittiest

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14930
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:12 am

im in, yeah, its shitty

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11755
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am

In the great words of Jonah Bergman the former bassist of the Schoolyard Heroes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14930
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 pm

said LITERALLY by the guy from Schoolyard Heroes

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14930
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:50 pm

just with all music, there is good and bad
i didnt like that. it was flat and too bass driven.

also much too slow

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
ImendiaBurzum
Elder
avatar

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10673
Reputation : 105
Joined In : 2008-08-30
Location : The depths of Hell..

PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dub Step   

Back to top Go down
 
Dub Step
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Florida Atlantic Student Suspended For Refusing to Step on Jesus ...Update: Prof Is Dem Party Leader
» Sandra Felgueiras interviews Gonçalo Amaral and Isabel Duarte 20 February 2010
» Stepmom of Haleigh Cummings involved in strange road rage case
» Theories
» Aaron "Cody" Stepp

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Rarefied Refrains and Majestic Melodies-
Jump to: