Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4841
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Quote :
zzy Osbourne sounds ready to bite somebody's head off.

The British rock god released a statement saying he was "disgusted" by a Kansas-based church's choice to play his music on the steps of the United States Supreme Court today.

"I am sickened and disgusted by the use of 'Crazy Train' to promote messages of hate and evil by a 'church,'" said Ozzy, referring to the iconic song off 1980's Blizzard Of Ozz.

clear pixel
And lest you think he was peeved about the organist playing Randy Rhoades' riff in the choir loft, read on...

The church in question is Westboro Baptist Church, a group known less for its choir than for its noisy, anti-gay protests staged at the funerals of US soldiers, regardless of the fallen's sexual orientation.

The small congregation, which chants things like "You're Going to Hell" and other feel-bad sentiments because it somehow associates dead soldiers with homosexuality in general, has garnered more attention now that their activities have turned into a free speech debate.

The father of Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, whose funeral attracted Westboro protesters, was awarded $5 million after suing the group and its founder Fred Phelps for emotional distress. The church appealed the ruling and the case is now going to be reviewed by the Supreme Court.

Which is where two of Phelps' adult daughters quoted Ozzy in song, singing, "You're going straight to hell on your crazy train." They looked pretty pleased with themselves for thinking that one up, too.

Maybe something from Ozzy's Diary of a Mad Man would have been more appropriate.

Thanks for the report to Sleazeroxx.com.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ozzy_osbourne_disgusted_by_anti-gay_church_using_his_music.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4006
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Why the fuck would a church use Ozzy's music? Because heavy metal and hard rock is for the devil isn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4841
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 pm

The chorus is "You're going straight to hell on your crazy train.", so they sang the chorus to convey their message
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11113
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:26 am

i freakin hate that church. but major respect points for ozzy.

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11329
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Wouldn't they normally be protesting against Ozzy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11113
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm

back in the 80's. but its ok if they get to use it for their own ends

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11329
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I watched a documentary on it and some of the stuff they did was unbelievable. Those people are mentally ill. They were protesting ouside a shop that sold Swedish hoovers because their leader was arrested in Sweden 20 years ago or something. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9730
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 pm

I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4258
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4

If you're homophobic look away now xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 pm

If an anti-gay church used my art... I'd explode. But I kinda doubt they'd go for my art though. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music   

Back to top Go down

Ozzy Osbourne 'Disgusted' By Anti-Gay Church Using His Music
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1