Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25408
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 am

Working out, getting huge, losing the fat, pumping iron, working out the old ticker, kicking the bucket. We all love the exercise. That is a very big generalization. I am acknowledging the fact that there are people who don't like exercise, and I'm ignoring it. Anyway here are some things that can get under anyone's skin.

5. The bad music that plays in the background
Music plays a huge role in getting people to act in certain ways. That's a reason why we all love metal. Nobody wants to benchpress as much as they can while that godamn sad slow song about New York is playing or Kate Perry. I mean this is a young woman's playlist. Which explains why its playing- girls are almost always at the sign in.

4. People with water bottles
You just did your hardest set. You went for an extra rep. You feel awesome and are as thirsty as hell. You walk towards the fountain then you see a pentagram glowing in the floor and this bloke just spawns right in front of the fountain with the most girthy bottle and proceeds to take forever. Godammit man

3. The lurkers

So you see someone using a machine, area, weight, ouiji board. You patiently do other stuff until their done. You walk over and start using it. Then suddenly someone Kool-Aid man's themselve through the wall and asks how many sets you have left. No matter what you say they will stand in that spot until you are done. I hate this. How motivated are you to lift your maximum when their is a fellow impatiently waiting and pretending he isn't watching. Unfollow those jerks on Twitter.

2. Not seeing improvements

Nothing really funny about this one. Whether your trying to lose weight or gain muscle, you want to see steady improvement or else its too disheartening. Diet is a huge part of it. If you run for 30 minutes straight, you will easily gain that back from a low calorie chocolate bar. If there is trouble gaining muscle, try changing the routine or lifting heavier weights with less sets.

1. People who use the same machine for overly long periods of time

This simply ruins the fun and their is nothing really to do about it. I have seen people staying at the same station for 20 minutes. Now I know there are a number of things to do, but seriously, move on man. Its not the only thing in the gym. (I do this sometimes, but only on Saturdays when nobody is there anyway)

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14989
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:47 pm

omg, i have read lots of the "things at the gym that blow"

i would agree with all of these except the water bottle.....mostly cuse i have one! XD. its huge. holds a quart. bitches behind me never getting water.

too add

The man who groans or yells. I hate noise like that. HRUMGPHGPHHHHHHAYAAAYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. please. stfu, douche.

actually, im fresh out of thins that bother me in the gym. funny. ive only been going to the school gym here for 2 days, so i havent gotten annoyed yet

but i will say one story

so im benching for teh first time in 5 months. im scared shitless. well, not really scared, but nervous and twitchy. I put on some gorod and calm down (weird, i know). so i sit uppon the bench and load up the weight. i subtract a bit from what i used to do, since i probably lost all the strength. so as i put my head down on the pad and start to put my hands to the bar, all of a sudden it feels like ive been hit in the face with a frying pan of reality as i notice the cealing is 4 stories. or 5. or like 10. it is monstrous. there is this huge negative space for what seemingly continues upwards for days to the roof. I get huge vertigo. i shift my vision back to the bar and try to concentrate on lifting, not the cavernous hole that surrounds me

fuck, benching here is hard....although deadlifting will be EASY! so much floorspace.
can you beleive they dont have a cable pulldown? like, no tri, bi, or rows or countless other excersizes you can do with a cable pulldown. ugh

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10510
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 pm

When you yell or groan, it usually means you are trying to breathe.

Benching is good fun, though I suck at it. And Deadlifts are eaaaaaasy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 pm

benching is fun, but i feel like im not doing any good cuse i never use a spotter. if i had a spotter, then i would put more weight on and concentrate on lifting it, rather than thinking of my impending doom. although i do gain retard strength when i get scared and think ill die

deads are easy, if you put pussy weight on it. load it up, then bang out 3x8....then lets see what happens

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10732
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:11 pm

6-I hate Gyms with A/C....its fucking...idk...stupid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 pm

you dont like A/C in the gym? odd. the worst is when its a/c'ed and you walk out side when you are done and realize its even hotter outside. ewwww

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Brute wrote:
you dont like A/C in the gym? odd. the worst is when its a/c'ed and you walk out side when you are done and realize its even hotter outside. ewwww

i hate sweating on AC...and its bad for your health..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:25 pm

i wouldnt say its bad for your health...but sometimes i can be annoying, yes

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10843
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

I used to do monster weights on dead lifting and I used to be decent at benching but that was years ago. I need to start going to the gym again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:10 pm

brag to us bro...how manly were you?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:13 pm

max 200pounds
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:15 pm

425 used to be my dead lift max and 255 was my bench. I could probably do 2/3 that at best atm. Squat wasn't too great (maybe 315) and I absolutely sucked at powerclean because I couldn't get the technique right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 pm

for dead? i got up to 255....i think i could have maxed 260

damn taxer, pretty nice.
i never do cleans...im too afraid to start. and i dont free squat cuse thats also scary. but i can squat on a machine like a beast.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Powerclean is a bitch, it makes you feel retarded when you do it and you're afraid that it will just go flying out of your arms and kill someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:25 pm

or go straight up and you'll lose your balance and go sideways and kill people, or go foward and you'll do the biggest face plant ever.

its supposed to be a great exercise...is it really that good? even if it is challenging?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:27 pm

powercleaning is scary becasue you may just crap your own intestines....ive seen it....its nasty
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:28 pm

deadlift i think ill crap out my intestines. or squat...hell any weight lift i feel like organs will shoot out of some orifice of mine

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:29 pm

I feel like I'd break my back doing a powerclean

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:31 pm

im soo glad i just do regular oldschool workouts...all this weightlifting excersice is useless since i do most of it on football games...
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Double post ftl?

Last edited by link on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:38 pm

lol, I am a weakling right now, but I am working on it. Deadlift is 250 for me right now, and bench is about 150.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Do you guys take protein shakes?

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:43 pm

i dont need to...i have nuff body mass to work with XD plus they are fucking expensive!!....80 bucks each bucket...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 pm

i used to. i went through 3 buckets.
i want to get more here.
biologically and chemically speaking, i know it works
but have i noticed a difference whilst using it? no....will i continue to use it? probably.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11446
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:29 pm

I never go to the gym. I have nothing to offer to this.

Look! My feet are bananas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:32 pm

then why are you commenting on this?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I have no idea. I'll just go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 pm

I've noticed modest improvements. But I don't know if the shake is to thank. It wants me to use 4 scoops, man that makes it run out fast

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

4 scoops lol.
the stuff i had, had 30g of protien per scoop. they said 2 a day was good. i just did one

alot of gaining muscle is diet and genetics. byd, you are tall and well built, so it may be advantagrous in your efforts to put on mass.

im sure protein helps, but to what degree? im betting it helps more than if you didnt take it at all.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9847
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:44 pm

I used to go to the gym. I could bench press 40-50 pounds 5-10 times. I'm probably still somewhere around that. I don't really exercise but I still think it's something to be proud of. 40-50 pounds is way more than I usually have to do. I have plenty of potential to do whatever task is at hand and I can fight a bit too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Brute wrote:
4 scoops lol.
the stuff i had, had 30g of protien per scoop. they said 2 a day was good. i just did one

alot of gaining muscle is diet and genetics. byd, you are tall and well built, so it may be advantagrous in your efforts to put on mass.

im sure protein helps, but to what degree? im betting it helps more than if you didnt take it at all.

Yeah and it wants me to have it twice a day lmao. I usually have 4 small scoops lol

Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486689
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:56 pm

<------------- has never been to the gym, so he wouldn't know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:56 pm

byd, shop around. there are TONS of protein products....im sure you can find one with a higher concentration that, hell, might even be cheaper.
i got close to 45 servings for....$35? i only used it 3-5 times a week, so it lasted like 7-9 weeks. thats not too expensive

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah I probably will
Hey, do you guys like these top lists?

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 pm

its getting us to talk, isnt it?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:35 pm

I do them in class lmao

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:46 pm

On a side note, I beat Keegan in an arm wrestling match and he used both arms. lolol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16111
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Solution: stay home and eat pizza
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 pm

on a side note....taxer is over 6 feet and has massive shoulders. and vr is 5'10 and slight

not really much of a win.....(but still funny)

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:04 am

Man I want to meet some of you fuckers. Come to Toronto.
Lol my roommates would think I'm so fucking weird inviting you dudes over. I'd have to lie or some shit or they'd be creeped the hell out that a metalhead from USA is coming over

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:14 am

if im ever in the neighborhood....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16111
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:41 am

Maybe someday... Toronto isn't that far away, I just don't know if they'd let me in Canada.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:00 am

Well if you decide to fly here I am right next to the airport.

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Why would anyone ever want to go to Canadia?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:22 pm

maple syrup.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Why would anyone ever want to go to Canadia?
He means he'd love to go, Byd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Canada is a sick place to go downhill longboarding, I have heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym   

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Annoying Things When You Go to the Gym
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1