Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What are you?
Pro-Life
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
Pro Choice
80%
 80% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:09 pm

My roomie asked me a few weeks ago when she started dating this guy we friends with if I were pro-life or pro-choice. She said that her bf and his friend are pro-life but she is pro-choice. If you don't know what these are then Pro-Choice means that a woman has a choice whether or not she can get an abortion, & pro-life is opposite and it means the woman must have the baby even if she doesn't want to.

Personally I am pro-choice, if I get pregnant and I'm not ready I'll get an abortion.

TBH I think vegetarians/vegans are the only ones who have the excuse of being pro-life, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25292
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Oh God this discussion. I can't believe it hasn't come up yet. I do not want to get involved. (Pro-choice)

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Lol I can see how you wouldn't wanna get involved. XD Many different views & excuses :S
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486573
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Pro Choice, no doubt. Sure, I don't agree with the practice of abortion, but people should have the right to choose. Besides, the proceeds can go to great lengths for medical research.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4259
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Pro-Life, there are so many people out there who can't have children so there'll always be a home for your child even if it's not your home, and I just believe abortion is wrong, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 3948
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Pro-life. It's called putting the kid up for adoption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4007
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:45 pm

I agree with Shady and Overlord. I'm pro-life. Mostly because if my mother listened to the doctors saying I would die.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11114
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:26 pm

im pro-crastinating

fucking essays

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Even though people always have the option of putting their child up for adoption, some people who are terrified of having a small baby ripping out of their vagina or a getting a c-section shouldn't have to go through that if choosing to have an abortion is an option. There are a lot of things that a woman might not want to go through/put up with while being pregnant also, like puking, pain, weight gain, not being able to do some of the things they want to do physically, etc. I honestly don't know a ton about being pregnant, but from my point a view 9 months out of your life is a lot. =/ Yeah, the baby will die from an abortion, but as humans we kill animals that deserve 'a chance to live' every day.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10616

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:13 pm

pro choice...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9731
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Pro-death, although I don't consider it anything more than personal preference. And I might change my mind. It depends. I lean towards pro-death for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15995
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm pro choice. I thoroughly disagree with abortion and such, but people should be able to do what they want unless it's a crime. And so far, we have not reached a consensus on "when life begins" so we cannot call abortion murder. It's all opinion on this one, so I say if you disagree with abortion don't have them.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10727
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Pro-choice

And the whole "put 'em up for adoption" thing is pretty retarded considering how many orphans are never adopted and how many restrictions there are regarding adoption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11330
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Pro choice. Some people just aren't ready for a kid. If a 15 year old gets raped and becomes pregnant, if she has the baby, her school studies/social life/general everything is just fucked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Plus she'd probably do a awful job raising it. Imagine if your mother was 16 years older than you

Reivas
Pure Class

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3318
Joined In : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Pro-choice

And the whole "put 'em up for adoption" thing is pretty retarded considering how many orphans are never adopted and how many restrictions there are regarding adoption.

This.
Hit the nail on the head. Not even gonna talk about the other issues, life is short and complicated as it is, it'd obviously be something they would regret forever, but some people are just unfit to be parents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9731
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 am

breakyoudown wrote:
Plus she'd probably do a awful job raising it. Imagine if your mother was 16 years older than you

I can imagine it. My mom is like 16 or 17 years older than me.

I don't think it matters whether the fetus is considered to be alive or not. It is what it is, regardless of what it's called. The world doesn't revolve around definitions.

Last edited by VacuousReality on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:09 am

VacuousReality wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:

I don't think it matters whether the fetus is considered to be alive or not. It is what it is, regardless of what it's called.

my mon got his first child (my older sister) at age 19---and she regrets about how this changed his life and wished he had never gotten pregnant....she says as she taps her back LOL
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:17 am

ImendiaBurzum wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:

I don't think it matters whether the fetus is considered to be alive or not. It is what it is, regardless of what it's called.

my mon got his first child (my older sister) at age 19---and she regrets about how this changed his life and wished he had never gotten pregnant....she says as she taps her back LOL

Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:30 am

Can you imagine if your mom was 16 or 17 years older than you?

ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:36 am

Senrae wrote:
Even though people always have the option of putting their child up for adoption, some people who are terrified of having a small baby ripping out of their vagina or a getting a c-section shouldn't have to go through that if choosing to have an abortion is an option. There are a lot of things that a woman might not want to go through/put up with while being pregnant also, like puking, pain, weight gain, not being able to do some of the things they want to do physically, etc. I honestly don't know a ton about being pregnant, but from my point a view 9 months out of your life is a lot. =/ Yeah, the baby will die from an abortion, but as humans we kill animals that deserve 'a chance to live' every day.
Condoms, Pills, No Sex. Plenty of options for NOT getting pregent

Taxer666 wrote:
Pro-choice

idk about you, but i'd rather have a chance at life vs never having one

breakyoudown wrote:
echo the dolphin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:47 am

ExtremeOverload wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Taxer666 wrote:
Pro-choice

idk about you, but i'd rather have a chance at life vs never having one

breakyoudown wrote:
echo the dolphin

Well, you could hardly call what some people go through as living. Besides, never existing in the first place would make you exempt from suffering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:49 am

Taxer666 wrote:
ImendiaBurzum wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:

Nigga you gay...espero que entiendas espańol y puedas darte cuenta de cuanta mierda me importan tus comentarios negro askeroso...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14873
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:20 am

oh shit it just got espanol in here.

anyways
i avoid the topic, allthough im pro choice 2. two thoughts though

1) we need to educate people that sex does happen and not preach abstinence. its so stupid. preach the morning after pill and that its not an abortion, it just doesnt allow the sperm to reach the egg, which isnt abortion in the slightest. thats what education we need to teach

2) fuck the people the show the mutilated baby posters that are 15ft high and guts everywhere. those people are burned and died. thats just fucking wrong. NO RIGHT DOCTOR performs late term abortions. (aka the good doctors)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Palpi of Lor
Pure Class

Number of posts : 594
Hedonistic Glory : 3317
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Location : GETTING MY FAT RUBBED BY IB IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:55 am

I kill millions of potential babies every time my penis rapes my hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:04 am

ExtremeOverload wrote:
Senrae wrote:

Well condoms can break, pills aren't completely 100% & I know people who could prove that from experience, and a lot of people think condoms are uncomfy and can't get off with one, etc. There are other things out there that i know of, but the only thing that works 100% that I am aware of is getting the tubes tied, and maybe a woman could get that done and later find she wished she didn't.
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4259

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:04 pm

To be honest Senrae I think there's only so much that a male can offer (including myself) to this discussion, you raise points like the pain of pregnancy and child birth and it's not really something guys can relate to. Also there's not a lot of leeway on this topic, you're either going to be Pro-Life or Pro-Choice and I doubt any amount of healthy discussion/debate will change somebody's mind on this sort of topic, not saying it's pointless debating it, but there'll be no winners ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:08 pm

everyone's a loser!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Shady wrote:
To be honest Senrae I think there's only so much that a male can offer (including myself) to this discussion, you raise points like the pain of pregnancy and child birth and it's not really something guys can relate to. Also there's not a lot of leeway on this topic, you're either going to be Pro-Life or Pro-Choice and I doubt any amount of healthy discussion/debate will change somebody's mind on this sort of topic, not saying it's pointless debating it, but there'll be no winners ^^
Wanna know what child birth feels like? Go play Mario Kart and get hit by a Blue Shell, just before crossing the finish line. Painful (Totally not stolen from the Facebook group).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Shady wrote:
I wasn't trying to change anyones mind if that's what it seemed like. I was just giving my opinion/response, as ExtremeOverload gave his to a few others. I was just replying to him.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10394
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 pm

You can never make abortion look like a good thing, but it needs to be understood some people just shouldn't have kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3715
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm

It's grey territory to me. Abortion should not be birth control. People who get more than one need to have a look at themselves (unless it was caused by rape).
It seems you can only be one or the other, but like all other touchy subjects, the situation and circumstance matters.
Indeed, those posters are horrifying and disrespectful. If they think fetuses are people, they are using dead bodies for the shock factor.
Anyways, accidents happen and not everyone is careful, nor is everyone ready to be a parent. Sex education needs to be emphasized to kids at a very young age to help avoid unwanted pregnancies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:51 am

sarainadream wrote:
It's grey territory to me. Abortion should not be birth control. People who get more than one need to have a look at themselves (unless it was caused by rape).
It seems you can only be one or the other, but like all other touchy subjects, the situation and circumstance matters.
Indeed, those posters are horrifying and disrespectful. If they think fetuses are people, they are using dead bodies for the shock factor.
Anyways, accidents happen and not everyone is careful, nor is everyone ready to be a parent. Sex education needs to be emphasized to kids at a very young age to help avoid unwanted pregnancies.
This kinda. I'm for it, but you can't just use it as a contraceptive. If you get raped, then it's completely justifyable, if you make a mistake then go for it. But if it's caused by sheer carelessness and ignorance then it puts me in doubt to whether they should get one or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5456
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Pro-Choice all the way. I'm sure I've shared my personal experience already, so I'm sure everyone knows where and why I stand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 pm

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Pro-Choice all the way. I'm sure I've shared my personal experience already, so I'm sure everyone knows where and why I stand.
I've never heard the story, but I think I can more or less tell what you mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Basically: drugs and alcohol heavily for 2 months while pregnant = bad recipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Ouch. It's cool, it doesn't sound like something I'd want to force you to recite to me, then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:23 pm

im aware of pos's personal strife to some degree....but i dont recall what you are specifically talking about.

and sarah brought up the great point about shock value. its gross and sensationalism and needs to be stopped.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:39 pm

I mean I know most people disagree with outright abortion, as in aborting because you were irresponsible and don't want to raise a child. But there are always those cases where it should be an option. Also, people should have the freedom to do what they want. That's the foundation of this country. Since we can't come to a consensus on whether or not abortion is murder, or at which point in the pregnancy abortion becomes murder, it should be up to each person to decide if it's something they would do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:53 pm

I have to admit, that's not at all what I expected you to say Axe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:53 pm

axe has made some changes...

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm gotten about 10 times more liberal over the past year or so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:30 pm

That's because young people are all hippies and we can't help it

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:32 pm

hahaha byd....so true

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Yes indeed. Also because I don't want people making decisions for me

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:57 pm

liberalism is centered around selfishness.....ahhahAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH LOL

man, i made myself chuckle

go liberals....go go go.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:00 am

Also, I hate being able to own a house and work in a sweatshop, but not being able to drink a beer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:02 am

when you are 24 or around then....you'll realize that alcohol is amazing, but not as fucking awesome as it was when you were 17 or 18.

i drink.....once a week maaaaaybe. i have no problem with alcohol....i just dont drink all that often....i replaced it with another vice XD :hi5:

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 am

I understand that, it's more awesome because it's "dangerous"

I'd only like to drink once or twice a week anyway. Smoke maybe once or twice a month

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:27 am

i have lost all fear of smoking
back at home...i would sneak around. here, no parents....a wide open nature area to walk to....and bud is cheap

fuck....i loved the shadyness factor

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice?   

Back to top Go down

Pro-life or Pro-choice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next