Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25347
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:57 am

These movies are awesome, they are widely loved. Have you ever had a situation when your like "Oh man have you ever seen blank blank's blank?" "No." "What?! Serious?" "Well whats it about?" This article is that awkward moment. Pretty much if you want a comedy to sound funny it has to be either : in highschool or college, or heavily involve drugs or alcohol somewhere in the title.

5. Army of Darkness
Army of Darkness? Whats that about it sounds like an action movie. No its hilarious man! Its actually the 3rd in a trilogy. The other two movies are horrors. Its about a guy who was brought back to medieval days and uhh...revives an army of skeletons. Its made by the guy who made Drag me to Hell. You know Bruce Campbell, the guy from.......Well he's in every Spiderman movie!

Friend- "....Sounds hilarious. That is the most random information I have heard in my life. Lets watch The Office instead.

4. Anchorman
Yes there are people who haven't seen this. So this is about a news team. The news team is very popular and other news channels don't like him. The main character falls in love but the girl is taking his job so they get in a fight. He owns a dog that he can understand.

Friend- "If you don't want to be my friend anymore just say so."

3. Team America.
Yeah its actually all puppets. They fight terrorism, but one of the freedom fighters is an actor who acts his way into bases. Its cool because pretty much every character is voiced by one of the three voice actors. Sometimes there are funny songs and seriously I died laughing when the one puppet threw up for like 2 straight minutes.

Friend- "This sounds like a twisted kids movie. Lets just watch Toy Story or something".

2. Hot Fuzz
So this is kinda like a spin off of every thriller plus Shaun of the Dead, have you seen that? No? Uh well it has those actors in it and the exact same set pretty much, its about a town that is really nice, but it turns out its actually not. Its kind of a cop movie, but its funny seriously. The town is not as exciting as London England for cops, oh its a British comedy! You know those are funny. The exact same cast is also in Run Fatboy run! You know the movie when the...guy is...running against another identical actor. Uhh well in Hot Fuzz...you've seen the commercials when the guy jumps the fence then falls? This does that too.

Friend- "Why are you watching all these underground films? Going through a phase ya prick?"

1. Airplane
This movie is over 20 years old. I know you hate "old movies" everyone fucking asks how old is this movie? And if you say a date older than 2003 or some shit they will flip and not want to see it as if the movies in the last 5 years has been the best ever made. Anyway so Airplane is about funny guys on a plane, with a bunch of flashbacks to why they are on a plane. Leslie Nelson is in it! You know the line "Good luck, were all counting on you." and he comes back later and says it again? Its from him. Well the pilots get sick and the main character has to overcome his fear and land the plane while other hilarious havoc is ensuing!

Friend- "Is this a Snakes on a Plane parody or something?

ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4003
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Seen everyone except AoD. Great list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:14 pm

Hah thanks. You should watch it, it has the book of the dead

PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5511
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 pm

ExtremeOverload wrote:
Seen everyone except AoD. Great list.

I shall now smite thee. See it, or perish by my hand!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10782
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:06 pm

This is... my... BOOMSTICK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486628
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:13 pm

I love it in Evil Dead 2 when Bruce gets his chainsaw.

"groovy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10782
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 pm

You bastards... GIVE ME BACK MY HAND!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11385
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:25 pm

I've actually not seen any of these...

*buries head in shame*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Good thing I explained them to you

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm

LOL I've heard of all of them but never seen any.

I need somewhere to download movies from. I have a huge list of stuff I need to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11169
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 pm

good list but the funny thing is, you can make any movie sound bad when you say it out loud. think about it.

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Gladiator. A war hero is framed and is forced to fight in melee combat to win his freedom

Animal house. Drunken college kids in a fraternity struggle to pass in school when there too busy partying and pulling stunts every night

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 pm

lord of the rings- a bunch of short people try to to destroy a gold ring because it will kill all the elves and everybody. The gay guy from x men who plays magneto is a gray bearded wizard who's best friend is a white horse.

gladiator- a movie where a guy has alot of good things, then loses them all, then while trying to get them back by fighting in a colleseum for the amusement of a bunch of fat aristocrats, loses them again while also dying.

animal house- lets be serious- that movie is what it is

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 am

Try to ruin articles somewhere else

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10671
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:16 am

LOR wrote:
lord of the rings- a bunch of short people try to to destroy a gold ring because it will kill all the elves and everybody. The gay guy from x men who plays magneto is a gray bearded wizard who's best friend is a white horse.

you are a retarded person my friend........
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16050
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:47 am

Star Wars: A robot guy had a son before he turned into a robot guy and his son grew up and was taught by his dad's old master to wield a laser sword, which he then uses along with magic to kill his robot father and destroy a floating space-sphere. This is only after the robot guy throws his master down an 80 mile shaft into the main reactor core of the space sphere, the same man who threw a black guy off of a skyscraper.

Titanic: These people are on a boat and it crashes, successfully killing most.

Pulp Fiction: This black guy, played my Mace Windu (the same black guy that was thrown off a skyscraper by Star Wars' robot guys' master) teams up with this white guy, played by Travolta, to eat this other guy's burger and steal his briefcase, which they take to a diner that is being robbed by a british guy and a white trash woman. But before they reach the diner, travolta accidentally shoots his friend in the face and then he takes his boss's wife out on a date to a 50's style diner, where they eat and dance, then they go back to her house and do cocaine. But before this happened, Mace "Samuel L Jackson" Windu and John Travolta go talk to their boss, while their boss is scheming with a bald guy about throwing a boxing match for money. The guy agrees to throw the match, only to betray him and get his boss's goons sent after him, which just happens to be John Travolta. When Mace Windu and John Travolta are at the diner, the robbers steal everyone's wallets while travolta reads his book while taking a crap, and Samuel L Blackson foils their robbery attempt by threatening the british guy with a gun as he tries to take his wallet and stolen briefcase. After they leave it goes back to the bald guy, who has to go home to his apartment to get a pocketwatch that his dad hid up his ass. On the way, he finds his boss crossing the street and proceeds to run him over. His boss gets up and pulls out his gun and starts to shoot at the bald guy, but he misses and hits a pedestrian. The two injured men chase each other into a redneck owned pawn shop, and while the bald guy beats his boss senseless the redneck owner pulls out a shotgun and takes them both hostage. While the men are taken hostage, the redneck guy calls his gay cop friend who comes over and rapes the bald guy's boss, while the bald guy is tied up in another room. The bald guy breaks free and escapes, but returns with a katana and kills the redneck guy and releases his boss that he was trying to kill. His boss blows the gay cop away with a shotgun, and calls some of his buddies up to go to town on the gay cop with a blowtorch and a pair of plyers. The bald guy leaves and proceeds to his house, where he finds travolta in his bathroom, reading the same book, and proceeds to shoot him with a submachine gun. Then he burns his pop tart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3770
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:46 am

Hot Tub Time Machine as well. Trailer looked retarded but it had its funny moments.

All of Bruce Campbell's movies are terrible on paper. Some are just bad in general. Hence his I Am Bruce spoof of himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:12 pm

im just saying, you can make ANY movie sound bad with the right description. i love LoTR IB, dont be offended. best movies of all time.

Palpi of Lor
Pure Class

Number of posts : 594
Hedonistic Glory : 3372
Joined In : 2010-05-03
Location : GETTING MY FAT RUBBED BY IB IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL!!

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Backwards movies are the best.

Seabiscuit - The story of a bottle of glue turning into a race horse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 pm

cloverfield- the story of a monster who helps clean up and rebuild New York City

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Axe wrote:
Star Wars: A robot guy had a son before he turned into a robot guy and his son grew up and was taught by his dad's old master to wield a laser sword, which he then uses along with magic to kill his robot father and destroy a floating space-sphere. This is only after the robot guy throws his master down an 80 mile shaft into the main reactor core of the space sphere, the same man who threw a black guy off of a skyscraper.

Titanic: These people are on a boat and it crashes, successfully killing most.

Pulp Fiction: This black guy, played my Mace Windu (the same black guy that was thrown off a skyscraper by Star Wars' robot guys' master) teams up with this white guy, played by Travolta, to eat this other guy's burger and steal his briefcase, which they take to a diner that is being robbed by a british guy and a white trash woman. But before they reach the diner, travolta accidentally shoots his friend in the face and then he takes his boss's wife out on a date to a 50's style diner, where they eat and dance, then they go back to her house and do cocaine. But before this happened, Mace "Samuel L Jackson" Windu and John Travolta go talk to their boss, while their boss is scheming with a bald guy about throwing a boxing match for money. The guy agrees to throw the match, only to betray him and get his boss's goons sent after him, which just happens to be John Travolta. When Mace Windu and John Travolta are at the diner, the robbers steal everyone's wallets while travolta reads his book while taking a crap, and Samuel L Blackson foils their robbery attempt by threatening the british guy with a gun as he tries to take his wallet and stolen briefcase. After they leave it goes back to the bald guy, who has to go home to his apartment to get a pocketwatch that his dad hid up his ass. On the way, he finds his boss crossing the street and proceeds to run him over. His boss gets up and pulls out his gun and starts to shoot at the bald guy, but he misses and hits a pedestrian. The two injured men chase each other into a redneck owned pawn shop, and while the bald guy beats his boss senseless the redneck owner pulls out a shotgun and takes them both hostage. While the men are taken hostage, the redneck guy calls his gay cop friend who comes over and rapes the bald guy's boss, while the bald guy is tied up in another room. The bald guy breaks free and escapes, but returns with a katana and kills the redneck guy and releases his boss that he was trying to kill. His boss blows the gay cop away with a shotgun, and calls some of his buddies up to go to town on the gay cop with a blowtorch and a pair of plyers. The bald guy leaves and proceeds to his house, where he finds travolta in his bathroom, reading the same book, and proceeds to shoot him with a submachine gun. Then he burns his pop tart.
I thought of Pulp Fiction but I thought it would take too long to write it out. Something you just proved. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4003
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Titanic: The Original Story:
A story of a murderer, code named, "Iceberg" who is after a woman by the name of, "Titanic" whom stepped on Iceberg's turf. One cold night, Iceberg slashes Titanic while no one else is around, injuring her enough to hamper her movements, leaving her stranded where she lay, bleeding heavily. Other people walked by, but mistook Titanic's screams for help for cheers from a party, so paid no attention. Finally succumbing to Iceberg's attack, Titanic passed on, her blood littering the soil where she lay.

Movie directors replaced 'murderer' with block of ice, 'woman' with ship, and 'blood' with passengers.
PG movie created.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper   

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Hilarious Movies That Look Terrible On Paper
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1