Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Yay or nay?
Atlantean Kodex was epic.
50%
 50% [ 7 ]
Atlantean Kodex was meh.
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Atlantean Kodex was horse shit. SHAME ON YOU!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Ghost was great!
21%
 21% [ 3 ]
Ghost was meh.
14%
 14% [ 2 ]
Ghost suck, because I'm a p0S3r F@g!!!!!!11
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11386
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:37 pm

I've heard of that quite a lot but never seen it. I feel like I need to purely because I've heard so much about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486629
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah the guy behind it, Sam Dunce (lolpun) gets a lot of shit wrong, but the interviews are great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Isn't that where the infamous Gaahl interview comes from? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:23 pm

yes, thats the gaahl movie

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

...Satan *sips wine*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10783
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 pm

I'll actually give these a listen tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9787
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:26 pm

I'll have to listen to Atlantean Kodex again. It sounded like good stuff. I'm going to check out the other one first though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:03 pm

I'll download Ghost this weekend. Listened to Atlantean Kodex already and they were pretty fucking awesome. I'll definetly listen to them some more. I'll get a proper review up after I've heard Ghost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Atlantean Kodex

Eh, I didn't hate it but I didn't find it amazing either. It was decent for what it was but a couple songs were wayyyy to long. Also, not sure how I should vote because while it wasn't "meh" I didn't find it epic either. So I abstain from the voting. 6.5/10

Ghost

Satan = Care. These guys were pretty cool, and they had their moments, but I don't know. Some things just didn't click with me. Reminded me of Sigh's Gallows Gallery at times. Overall, 7/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 pm

ok, this is the farthest i have made it into atlantean kodex. i dont know really where to start. on the whole, im rather dissapointed....well.....not that, but let down slightly. i was hopeing for some shit i hated or loved....and im stuck in just apathy mode.

atlantean kodex has the elements of a great band...but i dont think they execute it well. i agree that alot of the songs are long, and i have no problem with that, but when i dont care for it, they seem to drag.
it reminds me of stuff from the early 90's (which im pretty sure i know you liked)

basically, i found nothing i LIKED....but by the same token i didnt find stuff i hated. so sadly, AK belongs in the neverland of MEH and i give it a 5/10

ghost is pretty much the same thing....but i would score it lower since they have no names, and their picture makes them look like badasses and i was expecting some really fucked up doom or death metal, and i got some weird shit that didnt really appeal to me. 4.5/10

although i applaud your effort for finding really WEIRD AND NEW shit.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Well music is subjective Razz

I ripped pretty hard on your bands and thanks for goin' soft Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9787
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 am

Atlantean Kodex had a good sound but I couldn't get into it too much. I think it was just the pacing or something wasn't doing it for me. It had a good sound but it felt underwhelming.
B-

Ghost was a similar kind of deal. I think there were some parts of the album that I enjoyed but overall it just wasn't doing it for me. It has a great sound and the riffs and everything are pretty good. It's good music but it didn't have kick for me.
B-

Cool band choices. I haven't heard of either of these bands. Atlantean Kodex is something I might revisit later on. And maybe Ghost if I want something with a weird beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:57 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:
Well music is subjective Razz

I ripped pretty hard on your bands and thanks for goin' soft Very Happy
i never liked that "well its subjective" argument.....but it is soooo true

and i didnt hold back....i really didnt want to say anything about the bands....they were blase....not that memorable. but AK had lots of potential

both had some great stoner/sludge vibes to it. maybe they'll get better to me with age

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16051
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:04 am

Atlantean Kodex almost immediately struck me as awesome. I do think that they will get better with additional listens though. They are definitely a band that is staying in my library. I definitely like the epic scope of their songs, but sometimes it went stale. By that I mean it didn't click sometimes, if that makes sense. I agree with Taxer that some of the longer tracks seemed too long, and that they were just being dragged out. That's definitely minor though. I also got kind of a folky vibe on occasion, which was cool. Four monocles out of five
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Moved to the community events forum, the reason for that place is for stuff like this
Autumn for crippled children is peaceful, thanks for the recommend

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Axe wrote:
Atlantean Kodex almost immediately struck me as awesome. I do think that they will get better with additional listens though. They are definitely a band that is staying in my library. I definitely like the epic scope of their songs, but sometimes it went stale. By that I mean it didn't click sometimes, if that makes sense. I agree with Taxer that some of the longer tracks seemed too long, and that they were just being dragged out. That's definitely minor though. I also got kind of a folky vibe on occasion, which was cool. Four monocles out of five
Best rating system ever. Why didn't I think of this?

Downloading Ghost just now. Saw a review for it in Metal Hammer today and it got a 9/10 so hopefully I'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:50 pm

i was gonna look that up, but i put in "ghost" and "metal hammer" into google and i got something WAY FUCKING BETTER!@!!!
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/devin-townsend-ghost-recording-sessions-video/

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Lol Devin Townsend. xD I like Ghost too, though

Atlantean Kodex sounds really cool. :B
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Finally; my full review.

Atlantean Kodex were fucking awesome. I never bored me for one second. It was crushing and brutal while being fucking epic at the same time. Right up my alley. In fact, I think this may be a window for me to get into some doom if I can find another band as enjoyable as this. I especially loved Temple Of Katholic Magick. It just hits you like 206 bags of hammers. And the kinda disorted growls fitted in really well. The only criticism I can make is that I would have liked there to be more harsh vocals rather than just the odd growl. I was waiting for some awesome harsh vocals to come in on quite a few parts in the album. Thanks for this, MC. I'm gonna enjoy this band for some time to come. Very Happy

I couldn't get into Ghost much. Like Brute said, I was expecting some heavy ass doom metal but what I got was completely different. I enjoyed the odd moment but for most of the album, I ended up just drifting off into other things and forgetting I was even listening to it. They were by no means bad, but nothing special for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Awww.

Well, most people seemed to like AK, but Ghost was a bit "meh" for most.

Guess people would rather listen to Mercyful Fate than they would Ghost Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 pm

ghost were cool.....but nothing to write home about

and their bad-ass persona totally fell flat. if i saw a band shot of 5 nerdy guys with attitude problems and a mortgage, i might not expect as much
but when your members are unnamed and you are compared to Portal....you better bring it....and they didnt

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:07 am

Mista Conthulha wrote:
Awww.

Well, most people seemed to like AK, but Ghost was a bit "meh" for most.

Guess people would rather listen to Mercyful Fate than they would Ghost Razz

You can't much better than Mercyful Fate broseph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:22 pm

True fucking that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!   

Back to top Go down

Music Club Week #2: YO BITCH DATS Y MY BNDS GET GUD REVEWS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2