Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 7 String Guitars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: 7 String Guitars   Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Are they worth switching from 6 string?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10725
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:04 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4789
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

I can't think of any reason why they're better. Maybe for bass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:52 pm

In short: Yes

I've been playing a 7 string (Schecter Hellraiser C-7) for over a year now, and I fucking ADORE it. I get use out of all 7 strings in one way or another, and there is a lot of benefit to having the low end while still having the standard six string end (or higher end, if you decide to tune EADGbea or EADGbeg)

It may take awhile to get used to two things.

1) The extra string...obviously. But I don't think it took more than about a month...now I honestly cannot play on a six string without feeling limited (realistically, the only reason I would play on a six string is for a different tuning) but basically you can play everything you can play on a six string on a seven string.

2) The neck scale is on average at least an inch longer, mine is 2 inches longer, Ibanez and ESP are usually only an inch longer. This means any awkward stretches will take some getting used to. However now a six string feels small for me...on top of that, if you're used to playing a particularly thin neck, you may not like it on that premise alone...


Keep in mind, I'm a BIG fan of extended range. I plan to eventually get a 7 string bass, and in fact, my next guitar I'm planning on is likely to be an 8 string, but I really reached another level of my playing when I finally got a 7 string!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10725
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:11 am

I bet I could play guitar quite well with just three strings, maybe even two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:30 am

Gotta point out that Chinese 2 stringed violin...think it's called an Erhu.


Seriously though. I considered a 7 string for a year or so before getting one, was one of the best investments I made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10725
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:26 am

I'd rather get a good amp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15993
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:52 am

I'm not a fan. For one, the neck just bothers me. It's too thick, and too wide. I mean, maybe for you it might be good, but I prefer a good old fashioned 6 string.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox


Last edited by Axe on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
No.

maybe

Bloodbeast wrote:
I can't think of any reason why they're better. Maybe for bass.

basically

Reivas wrote:
In short: Yes

I've been playing a 7 string (Schecter Hellraiser C-7) for over a year now, and I fucking ADORE it. I get use out of all 7 strings in one way or another, and there is a lot of benefit to having the low end while still having the standard six string end (or higher end, if you decide to tune EADGbea or EADGbeg)

It may take awhile to get used to two things.

1) The extra string...obviously. But I don't think it took more than about a month...now I honestly cannot play on a six string without feeling limited (realistically, the only reason I would play on a six string is for a different tuning) but basically you can play everything you can play on a six string on a seven string.

2) The neck scale is on average at least an inch longer, mine is 2 inches longer, Ibanez and ESP are usually only an inch longer. This means any awkward stretches will take some getting used to. However now a six string feels small for me...on top of that, if you're used to playing a particularly thin neck, you may not like it on that premise alone...


Keep in mind, I'm a BIG fan of extended range. I plan to eventually get a 7 string bass, and in fact, my next guitar I'm planning on is likely to be an 8 string, but I really reached another level of my playing when I finally got a 7 string!

people who buy 7 strings dont buy it for the range. they buy it for the CHUGZ! no other reason to buy a 7 string except for heavier w/e-s.

Taxer666 wrote:
I bet I could play guitar quite well with just three strings, maybe even two.

good point. more strings doesnt make you better at guitar. if your good, you probably dont need more strings and can accomplish whatever you want with your 6

Reivas wrote:
Gotta point out that Chinese 2 stringed violin...think it's called an Erhu.


Seriously though. I considered a 7 string for a year or so before getting one, was one of the best investments I made.

Erhu's are badass. i wantz one

Taxer666 wrote:
I'd rather get a good amp

another good point. good amps will get you good heavy tone also. dont need 7 strings, unless you want 7 strings and want to be able to say to people, "i play 7 string guitar". or also if you want even MOAR CHUGZ. good amps are essential regardless.

Axe wrote:
I'm not a fan. For one, the next just bothers me. It's too thick, and too wide. I mean, maybe for you it might be good, but I prefer a good old fashioned 6 string.

another point. it comes down to personal preference.

disadvantages and advantages to both. i am thoroughly glad that i am able to further keep you from making a decision Very Happy

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4789
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:39 pm

LOR's avatar made me giggle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm

beer HURRAY!!

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:01 pm

I dunno, I want to at least give one a try. I think I'd get used to the extra string pretty quickly. I'm used to playing a Les Paul. Would it be difficult to get used to that change (I don't know much about guitars as you can probably tell LOL)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11696
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:48 pm

LOR wrote:
MOAR CHUGZ.

I do like some good chugz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:04 am

Darkflame wrote:
I dunno, I want to at least give one a try. I think I'd get used to the extra string pretty quickly. I'm used to playing a Les Paul. Would it be difficult to get used to that change (I don't know much about guitars as you can probably tell LOL)?

unless your really picky (i am) the brand you play wont be a huge factor. its just the neck will obviously be much wider and possibly thicker to accomodate the extra string. different brands will have slight differences in specs though. Out of most guitars I would probably think a les paul would be an easier switch compared to most others because they have beefy necks. I mostly play on my RG so it would be a little weird for me cuz its slim. But a seven string is a much more drastic change than a brand or neck change so what you play now shouldn't make a difference.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:32 am

LOR wrote:


Reivas wrote:
In short: Yes

I've been playing a 7 string (Schecter Hellraiser C-7) for over a year now, and I fucking ADORE it. I get use out of all 7 strings in one way or another, and there is a lot of benefit to having the low end while still having the standard six string end (or higher end, if you decide to tune EADGbea or EADGbeg)

It may take awhile to get used to two things.

1) The extra string...obviously. But I don't think it took more than about a month...now I honestly cannot play on a six string without feeling limited (realistically, the only reason I would play on a six string is for a different tuning) but basically you can play everything you can play on a six string on a seven string.

2) The neck scale is on average at least an inch longer, mine is 2 inches longer, Ibanez and ESP are usually only an inch longer. This means any awkward stretches will take some getting used to. However now a six string feels small for me...on top of that, if you're used to playing a particularly thin neck, you may not like it on that premise alone...


Keep in mind, I'm a BIG fan of extended range. I plan to eventually get a 7 string bass, and in fact, my next guitar I'm planning on is likely to be an 8 string, but I really reached another level of my playing when I finally got a 7 string!

people who buy 7 strings dont buy it for the range. they buy it for the CHUGZ! no other reason to buy a 7 string except for heavier w/e-s.


You and I must know some completely different people. There have been VERY few people I know that buy it simply for the "CHUGZ"

In fact, the other 7 stringers I know are absolutely insane and get a lot use out of their instrument!


Darkflame: It's important to really come to your own decision...if you like them, try one out or borrow one for a little while. I bought mine after playing it for about an hour at Guitar Center, however, I had already made a switch from a 4 string to 5 string bass, so there was no issue for me there.

The change happens fairly naturally in my opinion, you start experimenting with it more and more...

Interestingly: Karl Sanders from Nile just got a 7 string! O_O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Reivas wrote:
LOR wrote:


Reivas wrote:
In short: Yes

I've been playing a 7 string (Schecter Hellraiser C-7) for over a year now, and I fucking ADORE it. I get use out of all 7 strings in one way or another, and there is a lot of benefit to having the low end while still having the standard six string end (or higher end, if you decide to tune EADGbea or EADGbeg)

It may take awhile to get used to two things.

1) The extra string...obviously. But I don't think it took more than about a month...now I honestly cannot play on a six string without feeling limited (realistically, the only reason I would play on a six string is for a different tuning) but basically you can play everything you can play on a six string on a seven string.

2) The neck scale is on average at least an inch longer, mine is 2 inches longer, Ibanez and ESP are usually only an inch longer. This means any awkward stretches will take some getting used to. However now a six string feels small for me...on top of that, if you're used to playing a particularly thin neck, you may not like it on that premise alone...


Keep in mind, I'm a BIG fan of extended range. I plan to eventually get a 7 string bass, and in fact, my next guitar I'm planning on is likely to be an 8 string, but I really reached another level of my playing when I finally got a 7 string!

people who buy 7 strings dont buy it for the range. they buy it for the CHUGZ! no other reason to buy a 7 string except for heavier w/e-s.


You and I must know some completely different people. There have been VERY few people I know that buy it simply for the "CHUGZ"

In fact, the other 7 stringers I know are absolutely insane and get a lot use out of their instrument!


Darkflame: It's important to really come to your own decision...if you like them, try one out or borrow one for a little while. I bought mine after playing it for about an hour at Guitar Center, however, I had already made a switch from a 4 string to 5 string bass, so there was no issue for me there.

The change happens fairly naturally in my opinion, you start experimenting with it more and more...

Interestingly: Karl Sanders from Nile just got a 7 string! O_O

it has nothing to do with the people i know. its simply there is no other reason for the lower string except for that.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10392
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Actually, you are wrong Lor, I know a great many people that do it because they REALLY want an extended range. You are thinking too one sided if you really think it's just for what you would call "CHUGZ". In fact, Tosin Abasi is a great 8 string player, and he doesn't use chugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:43 am

Link is right.

In my opinion, saying only having a 7 string for chugs is honestly kind of idiotic and a narrow view on what you can do with a guitar, it's completely wrong. There are a LOT of players who really want to get full use out of all their strings, and there are also players who don't even use more than the first 3 strings on a 6 string, it's 100% dependent on the player, and not on the number of strings.

On top of that, the extra string does add a plethora of new tuning options. Who is to say he even has to tune the string low, he could decide he wants to have a high A or G or something. The issue with the neck being thicker is debatable, there are players who like thick necks and players who like thinner necks, I can't fucking stand Jackson because their necks are thin, it simply doesn't accommodate to my play-style, whereas the neck on my seven string feels perfect.

There was a mentality thanks to ands like Korn that using a 7 string just for chugs is how it's done, but that was years ago. That school of thought is practically dead in a LOT of guitarists these days, and a lot more guitarists are actually starting to experiment with 7 strings these days. Case in point: Karl Sanders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:22 am

it only adds one fourth more (on standard tuning). hardly a range issue. Its only used for access to lower notes. Thats literally it.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:52 pm

On top of adding a whole bunch of different ways to play chords, scales, arpeggios and whatnot.
The more notes you have to play around with, the better, and having access to a new way to play a riff can make it significantly easier to transition into another riff that may have been a bit harder to get to on the fretboard. At its core, it only add four more notes, sure, but you can attribute that to ANY extended range instrument.

An example for transitioning is a I wrote song called Sunfaller, there is a point where there is a power chord and slide at G to A, I could play it at the third fret on the E string, or the eighth fret on the low B. Because the next note is a B on the 9th fret of the D string, I find it significantly easier to play it on the low B, meaning my playing is smoother, and it helps as it goes into the next set of riffs. Sure I could drop down to B, but the song has a lot of open high B and E notes that need to ring out during parts, so this is a non-option for me.

I completely disagree with you on this but you're gonna stick to your opinions and I'm going to stick to mine. It is perfect for someone like me, obviously not the case for you, nothing wrong with that.

At its core it creates a whole bunch of new options, the player will take it as far as they want to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4789
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:14 pm

D3RP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Right, I'm gonna go down to a music shop and try one out and make my decision from that. The guy at the one I usually go to hates them though. He says it's a nightmare to restring them if you break the B string. I've never even broken an E string though so I doubt that'll happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Breaking the B string? O_O

That thing is a monster...

Restringing blows, but fuck, it's not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah, I think I'd have to be Dolph Lundgren to do that. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:05 pm

the way the lower strings break is if they get too old they uncoil. its happened to me a couple times. its dumb. lol. you just end up with a really floppy string. ive never actually snapped one i think (maybe idk. cant remember right now. little weird.) . thats an achievement.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:33 pm

4 times out of 5 I break the g string fingering A minor.
Yes, I went there.



I'm 22 years old, where's Chris Hansen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:02 pm

LOR wrote:
the way the lower strings break is if they get too old they uncoil. its happened to me a couple times. its dumb. lol. you just end up with a really floppy string. ive never actually snapped one i think (maybe idk. cant remember right now. little weird.) . thats an achievement.
Which won't happen if you change the strings every now and then. Which, I've just remembered, I really need to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Darkflame wrote:
LOR wrote:
the way the lower strings break is if they get too old they uncoil. its happened to me a couple times. its dumb. lol. you just end up with a really floppy string. ive never actually snapped one i think (maybe idk. cant remember right now. little weird.) . thats an achievement.
Which won't happen if you change the strings every now and then. Which, I've just remembered, I really need to do.

exactly. and i also second that. its been forever since i changed strings (NO MONEYS to buy new ones) will def change before something important though.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I've had a pack just sitting there for ages. Never got round to it. My accoustic's been missing an e string for about a month. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:08 pm

nice.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:20 am

I have like a bunch of packs of strings, I just end up breaking them before I change them usually...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:28 am

thats bad for tone. strings should be changed periodically. I just dont change out of laziness cuz i usually string all my guitars in one go and it takes FOREVER.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 am

It's bad for tone, yeah, but it's not like I'm playing live or recording right now, so it's cool. Thankfully I do beat the shit out of the strings enough that I still generally change them monthly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15993
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:21 am

I haven't changed my strings in probably 5 months, except when I broke my first e which I exchanged for the first e off of my sg. Yeah, I'm lazy.

_________________

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14871
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:47 am

Reivas wrote:
4 times out of 5 I break the g string fingering A minor.
Yes, I went there.



I'm 22 years old, where's Chris Hansen?
lavis, its official. here is the key to the city, come and stay awhile

that was awesome.

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:59 am

Brute wrote:
Reivas wrote:
4 times out of 5 I break the g string fingering A minor.
Yes, I went there.



I'm 22 years old, where's Chris Hansen?
lavis, its official. here is the key to the city, come and stay awhile

that was awesome.

Lavis?

Whut
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:44 am

Brute wrote:
Reivas wrote:
4 times out of 5 I break the g string fingering A minor.
Yes, I went there.



I'm 22 years old, where's Chris Hansen?
lavis, its official. here is the key to the city, come and stay awhile

that was awesome.
Wow, mega-namefail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah that was pretty bad

Anyway Darkflame, let me know what your opinion on it is, it may not be something you're a fan of at first, but I get a feeling you may like them at least a little.

Also, how much were you planning on spending? And what are your options?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10392
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 pm

I believe I am the only one here who likes changing my guitar strings and fooling around with set up and stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14871
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:36 pm

whoops


man i feel like a loser.
can we get past this reivas? please forgive my indiscretion hahaha

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm

[quote="link"]I believe I am the only one here who likes changing my guitar strings and fooling around with set up and stuff.[/quote

changing guitar strings is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not fun. rather be playing. I also dont trust myself with fooling around with setups. ill just take into the shop if i want something modified.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14871
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 28
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:31 pm

HE WANTS TO BE A LUUUUUCIFERRRRR!!!

i forget the real term. lucifer sound so much better

GODDDAMNIT SO CLOSE. i cant search for it. link help me out

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:00 pm

luthier

theres one at the place i go to

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Reivas
Pure Class
avatar

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3316
Reputation : 17
Joined In : 2010-08-14
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Brute wrote:
whoops


man i feel like a loser.
can we get past this reivas? please forgive my indiscretion hahaha

It will take some time, but I will probably forgive you eventually. I'm hurt. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:25 pm

I went down today but the shop has stopped getting them in. Sad

I got told about a shop in Edinburgh that I'll make sure to visit though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 7 String Guitars   

Back to top Go down
 
7 String Guitars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Medela Starter SNS
» Rik Emmett
» closing vbulletin tags in a string

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: