Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Elend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reivas
Pure Class

Number of posts : 681
Hedonistic Glory : 3374
Joined In : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Elend   Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Since Brute was intrigued, I decided I'd make a topic about one of my favorite musical projects...

Taken from last.fm...

"Elend is the name of a band from France formed in 1993 by composers and multi-instrumentalists Iskandar Hasnawi and Renaud Tschirner. The band’s name is German for “misery.” The music can be described as gothic and orchestral music with post-romanticism undertones, or simply Violent Neoclassical. They are often classed as a metal act due to the fact that in their earlier days, they were signed to a label that released metal music almost exclusively. In actuality, though their sound has sometimes been very violent, they have never been metal of any form."

In a nutshell...Elend makes some of the darkest music I've ever heard in my life...The greatest example of this, is in their 2007 album, A World in their Screams, which is the final chapter of a trilogy of albums...This is some incredible, dramatic composing...ambient noises and whatnot rise and fall throughout the entire work...there is a strange beauty in their work, in some songs it is pretty apparent, in others it is not...their material is quite diverse, though there is no metal to be had here...

I would strongly recommend checking out, at the very least the Sunwar the Dead, A World in their Screams and Winds Devouring Men trilogy...on top of that though, The Umbersun, which is the album they seem to be most renowned for...

Elend - Stasis (A World in their Screams)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQibdHZuxzU
This is my favorite song by Elend, but do yourself a favor and listen to the entire album from start to finish...

Elend - Ardour (Sunwar the Dead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAJnwyySg5w

Elend - The Umbersun (The Umbersun)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqlHBppA3-Q
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9787
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Elend   Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 pm

I've heard them before but haven't listened to any of their albums. I have /A World In Their Screams/ in my library so I'll give it a listen some time soon. I remember they have some good softer music too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16051
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Elend   Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Elend is really good, I like it a lot. Got into it awhile back during my neoclassical phase
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elend   

Back to top Go down

Elend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Rarefied Refrains and Majestic Melodies-
Jump to: