Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Egypt Revolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10387
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Egypt Revolution   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:41 am

Here is where we discuss this, I figured it should kind of go here. Any thoughts on this? The president is pretty fucked, to say the least, but where does everyone else think this is going?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11107
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 am

fuck dude. i have no idea whats going on lol. ive only heard it in passing. enlighten me

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15988
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:36 am

I think one can only live so long in the middle of a scorched desert before they go insane

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25285
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 am

I also have no idea what's going on down there

link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10387
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:52 pm

One, because there is a total media blackout. But riots are breaking out in the streets, they had a million man march on the President, they do not like how things are going and shit has hit the fan basically. It's crazy dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11691
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Seems to be calming a bit, as he has decided to step down. We shall see just how this all works out however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 am

Dick-taters

Potatoes in the pant zippers
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10720
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 am

gtfo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5449
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm glad to see that the American government is being force-fed the message that revolution can happen without a carpet bombing.

Let's see if they ignore it or not.

The problem comes in if the new government doesn't support American business interests. Look at Cuba. If that happens, the business community might put pressure on the president to go in. Let's see how he handles that too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Seems like the UN has decided to step into action in Libya, personally I think it's about damn time.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:10 am

I think it's about time we just take over the world and stop this nonsense

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 am

Im largely interested that it was someone besides us who started the movement >_> and it involved Arab countries as well.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:13 am

It's nice to see people standing up for themselves without us doing it for them. Because that always ends up bad.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:13 am

Yup.
Back to top Go down
oldmothercath
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 30
Hedonistic Glory : 2319
Joined In : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   Sat May 14, 2011 1:36 pm

I knew when the Egyptians remembered who they were and stood up and sat on the tanks of their own countrymen sent to kill them that all helll would break loose! which it has in most of the neighbouring nations. Which it has but for once this isn't us telling other peoples that we think they need freedom and democracy. They are demanding it for themselves. I had hoped for about a day that this could have been the beginning of a truely United Nations of Earth. Then we saw that sadly not every country in the region has as good an army as Egypt has.

Here in the UK a peaceful demonstration ends with our Police being shown up for their inability to tell the difference between protesters and the rent-a-thugs that flash mob a protest just for the sheer hell of it and nothing but the pure intention of starting a full blown riot!

Having been in the TA I swore an oath to faithfully protect my Queen all her heirs and successors, my country and its people. It's an oath I took quite seriously but knowing the rules of engagement and the Geneva Convention. I would have questioned and disobeyed an order to open fire on unarmed protesters sitting in a park. Both the Oath and the Convention require me to question and disobey any such order. 'I was just following orders' didn't wash at Nuremberg and it still shouldn't today! The Soldier that won't stand against an order to shoot civillians is not a soldier they are a coward as is any leader that gives such an order!
If it wasn't for the powers that be deciding my fate was to battle MS I would be an army medic probably in Iraq or Afghanistan. My mum says it's Gods way of stopping me from getting my ass blown up by a roadside bomb! God and me will have a little chat about that one day!

The sad thing is these people are not leaving the streets and their own armies are following the shoot to kill orders. So everyone of those protesters are facing slaughter by their own and wondering why we the nations with the freedoms they are asking for are not there for them. It's quite sad really, how many more will we let suffer, starve or die before we realise that regardless of belief or circumstance we are all the same spieces! Watching the news why does it looks like we are the only spieces on this living, breathing planet that we are all joined to from birth till death, that is devolving? What if Earth is God? Weve hurt the Earth and now Earth has been kicking back with disaster after disaster!

Watching the news everyday my faith is not as clear as it used to be or seems to be to my mum, I class myself as a Recovering Christian I know that this world is not the way it was supposed to be and feel sorry for God because we can't have been intended to turn out like this! Free will and Nature are both a bitch and it seems that we have no control over either! It is the question of will we ever learn? Learn before it's too late? I struggle with.

People ask me "what did you say to Alice?" When I tell them the looks I get range from 'eh?' to 'are you nuts?' and my favourite 'You really are nuts!'
First I told Alice "oh you are soo not worthy!" in my eyes my fantastic husband who sprung that on me was the only worthy person in the room he wheeled me into! When Alice sat down infront of me in the same way a mate of mine sits on my sofa we talked. I started with " How do you keep your faith? I know you see the same world I do and I struggle with mine every single day!" and then everyone that asks decides I am Mad lol but what he and Sheryl said made a lot of sense. My silly phone would only take that one pic but Alice wanted me to wait for an hour and he'd get a camera! Poor Hubby had been pushing me around Glasgow all day and was ready to drop so I left my apologies, said hope to catch you next time and got a taxi to the hotel. I'd never lost faith in God but I had lost my faith in people. Still have some days, I have robbed 3 times, Twice in hospital and last year at Knebworth all my clothes well my tour T-shirts one of which was signed by Alice, the other one borrowed by my son from his dad! My favourite Jeans and my Maiden shirt along with a box that contained 1 days medication! I hope they washed the lot as my then 12 yr old socks were sealed in a baggie in that same bag! lol
I know the police have their work cut out for them as after I left the TA I did event and safety stewarding for years. For some reason it never clicked in the head steward or the police comander in charge there that if there is one place you are guaranteed to find drugs it's in 'Disabled Camping'! So why put men on the gates there? I'll never get over the jeans and felt really bad I'd 'lost' hubby's T-shirt but I have other stuff Alice signed. Now the days tablets I take might have gave someone a very long sleep but as I pointed out to the policeman after the tent raids (it wasn't just mine) if I'd had a heart condition there are drugs than can stop a healthy heart, nicking unlabled meds is so not smart! the other times I was robbed a woman decided to 'help me' across a road when I was going out of hospital grounds for a smoke it was my itouch and the only description I could give was Glasgow accent, purple hoodie with hood up! I hate it when people kidnap me, it happens all the time. I get pushed across roads I never want to cross all the time. Then to make my stay complete I found she had taken the phone as well! What can I say?

So I just keep praying for the day when people get nicer and that everybody can Rock in The Free World!

Cath x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egypt Revolution   

Back to top Go down

Egypt Revolution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1