Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Games I feel like reviewing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Games I feel like reviewing   Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Recently beat the following

Resident Evil Gamecube Remake
Summary in a line- Your stuck in a mansion, figure out what went so wrong, stop it and leave
Gameplay
-Similar to: Early RE games
-Consists of a lot of running away, which is not a bad thing, its very immersive
-Very scary moments, which go away after a few hours. Then the fear will come back off and on
What a realistic game this is eh? You have very little bullets and zombies take a good 7 shots to kill. Lots of puzzle solving- some of which you will and wont care for.

8/10

Fun Meter
There is not a lot of cutscenes, but you feel very rewarded when you rarely run into one. The acting is brutal, but the story is compelling and the characters are interesting. There are a few decisions to make that change minor and major details about the story. Its not just what you say, actions you do change things. This is some seriously survival horror. Nevermind your Dead Rising, this is where its at, good luck trying to kill every bad guy, if your stuck with the knife, you might as well kill yourself
9/10

Last impressions
Great game I will play it again as Chris for varied story results
8.7/10

Dante's Inferno Xbox 360
Summary in a line- You go to hell to save the love of your life. You have to go through the 7 sins (worlds)
Gameplay- Similar to: God of war, Ninja Gaiden, Devil may cry. You will have to kill tons of demons as crusader Dante who has a great voice actor- Graham McTavish (British Guy in Rambo 4).
8/10

Fun meter
You will be able to slash with your scythe or use crosses as projectiles. As you progress you either upgrade the scythe (unholy powers) or your cross (holy). I was disappointed that this did not affect the story whatsoever. But I was very pleased that the jumping sequences were not a pain in the ass. However, some of the levels make you preform tedious tasks that are a huge strain to go through and sometimes the weakest bad guys have the highest health so your getting a 50 hit combo on a skeleton. Overall the repetitive killing is fun and the boss fights and cutscenes are also a riot. No intent on replaying it to be unholy though, or at all
7/10

Overall
Its a good name and has a cool atmosphere, but your not going to be remembering this game
7.5/10

Indigo Prophecy- Xbox original
Summary in a line-A man is murdered, the killer is you, you were possessed when this occurred, cops are onto you
Similar to: Heavy Rain

Gameplay
This is barely a game, and more of a interactive movie. You control both the killer and the cops searching for you. You have control over what you say and the choices you make, and the action sequences you need to time correctly (press buttons in the right order) and watch your character escape peril. I can't recommend this story intensive game any stronger. Its incredibly profound and captivating, each and every character is interesting. Its one of those movies where you see the perspective of literally every party. Its like a Tarintino movie if it were a psychological thriller. There is no killing, no driving, no shooting, nothing. Just pure story and you are in control of nearly everyone important at some point, even the bad guys. Its a complete experience that is so unique. One particular scene I was hiding from police at my girlfriends house and I had a number of places to hide: shower, under table, under bed, closet, outside. I had to press button at a certain time for my girlfriend to correctly distract the cop from finding me as he looked around. Awesome game. There are a few slow moments, in an otherwise explosive story
9/10

Lasting impressions
There are very few games that offer you such control, and there are so many things you can do that alters the gameplay/story/conversation. Buy it now, its under $10 on ebay
9.5/10

Final Fantasy 13- 360
Battle
Auto-attack
Switch to heal
Cutscene
Battle
Auto-attack
Switch to heal
Cutscene

Mix those in any order
6.5/10

Namine Heart
Top Lad

Number of posts : 119
Hedonistic Glory : 2957
Joined In : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Games I feel like reviewing   Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 pm

aww FFXIII wasnt that bad imo. It gets pretty difficult at the end and you have to be smart about your party. It is a lot more interesting if you put manual as the first slot instead of auto attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Games I feel like reviewing   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 pm

I don't notice a difference in attacks though- usually I just use attack because it does more than Ruin or whatever. Its an okay story, the characters are better than the story. But the fights aren't too fun- I wish it was just cutscenes and bosses lol

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games I feel like reviewing   

Back to top Go down

Games I feel like reviewing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1