Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Most important thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9841
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Most important thing   Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 am

RT6 - SOLIDLYIDIOTICTEAM
==========

==========

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
---
Leads like a champ.
---

Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
---
Strong, kills bulky water and steel pokemon.
---

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
---
One of the most threatening pokemon. Struggles with bulky water and steel pokemon, faster revenge killers, and priority.
---

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
---
Absorbs water attacks and gets a special attack boost with storm drain. Then walls like a pro. Good defensive coverage with Heatran.
---

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 44 SDef / 220 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Torment
- Substitute
- Protect
- Lava Plume
---
Most awesome defensive Heatran set. Difficult to take down. Takes fire attacks aimed at Scizor.
---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---
Insurance with priority. Takes care of Reuniclus with u-turn. Super useful.
---

What's your team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   Fri May 06, 2011 9:34 am

This is my actual Pokemon Black team, no Pokemon lab shenanigans here. You can get some amazing trades in the global terminal if you're patient, and most of my team comes from such trades.

Tank/Sweeper:

Reuniclus with Magic Guard... a veritable one man army, this thing is rediculous. I don't use Trick Room because most people on global battle are pretty dumb and it means I have more type coverage. I just wish I had a goddamn Life Orb. Psychic, Energy Ball, Recover and Focus Blast.

Mixed Sweeper:

Hydreigon with Levitate... pretty much my favourite dragon with excellent typing and solid atk and sp. atk (STAB moves are both physical to compensate for slightly lower attack). He ruins the elite four all by his lonesome. He actually outspeeds Cynthia's Garchomp despite only being 4 levels higher thanks to a few handy vitamin boosts. Crunch, Dragon Rush, Flamethrower and Surf.

Hit and Run:

Serperior. Pretty much useless, but the other starters had crappy looking final evolutions, so I was stuck with him. Having an excellent speed stat is the only benefit you get, because despite decent def and sp. def, his typing makes him vulnarable to far to many pokemon. Dropping a STAB Leaf Storm on Carracosta is amusing, but he does little else apart from Leech Seed. Leaf Storm , Leech Seed, Substitute and Reflect.

My other 3 pokemon (now that I'm bored typing) are Galvantula (great special hitter) Accelgor (Me First is probably my favourite move in the game, though his typing is an issue as I've already covered it with Galvantula) and Golurk.

What I'd give to own a Genesect!
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11224
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   Fri May 06, 2011 10:43 am

whats going on?!?!?!?!... and why dont i know whats going on?!?!?!?

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   Fri May 06, 2011 7:55 pm

I was going to make an in-game pokemon team but I fucked up and got discouraged. I got a Salamence with naive nature, 31 Atk IV 31 SpA IV and 31 Speed IV. Then I realized I couldn't get outrage or dragon dance. Plus I ruined a Starmie with 31 SpATK and Speed by leveling it up against trainers before ev training it...so ruined its evs.

So yeah...I do pokemon online shenanigans. Sounds like a cool team, but couldn't Hydreigon use outrage?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   Sat May 07, 2011 6:02 am

VacuousReality wrote:
I was going to make an in-game pokemon team but I fucked up and got discouraged. I got a Salamence with naive nature, 31 Atk IV 31 SpA IV and 31 Speed IV. Then I realized I couldn't get outrage or dragon dance. Plus I ruined a Starmie with 31 SpATK and Speed by leveling it up against trainers before ev training it...so ruined its evs.

So yeah...I do pokemon online shenanigans. Sounds like a cool team, but couldn't Hydreigon use outrage?

He could, but I'd be tying myself in when Rush will flat out kill most dragons of a similar level anyway and when they switch into their Steel type to resist I can abuse them with Flamethrower.

I spent a few hours just wailing on the elite four to pay for Calcium's and Iron and so on, so he's stronger than most.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 am

I'm kind of an ass hole...I just used Samurott to muscle through the entire elite 4 (second time around). He's also my HM slave, and my pokemon catcher with false swipe. He's like this broken down level 90+ mule (used to sweep much lower though). And he has an amulet coin of course. I used to use him to do the elite four by himself for grinds, but now I use Volcorona for a battle or two to help ease the PP pressure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   Sun May 08, 2011 5:26 am

Hey VR, have you tried the Whimsicott anti-lead/seed set with Prankster?

I'm looking to create a lab team now, and having looked at the options it seems like a lot of fun. SubSeeding with priority has awesome sauce written all over it. The fact that it can learn Taunt and Encore just seems broken.

Oh, and I can run Trick Room to set up Reuinclus and then sweep with Magic Guard/Life Orb.

I imagine this is a fairly common set now? It's been a while since I played.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   Sun May 08, 2011 5:35 am

People use the program "Pokemon Online" now. It's a good one, and has all the servers and everything. I haven't tried Whimsicott, but it sounds good. It must be the best subseeder out there now. I've seen it on teams before. The Reuniclus with trick room I have tried. It's pretty common, but very good. It's one of the reasons I put Scizor on my team. Whimsicott could come in on any left over trick room turns and use prankster too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most important thing   

Back to top Go down

Most important thing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1