Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PS4 Development Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 2959
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:02 pm

http://sonyps4.com/playstation-4-development-announced/

Well so i guess they're workin on a ps4 now. I don't know, can anyone outdo the ps3? Nintendo deff won't since they're a little behind on graphics. I could see them redesigning the ps3 to make it function better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Considering the graphics card in the 360 is based on a 6 year old PC card (which change every 6 months to a year) there's a lot of catching up to in the next gen of consoles.

Back to top Go down
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:56 pm

True, i think the Ps3 is already catching up with the computer gaming graphics though. With the economy the way it is you think they would cut back a little on the upgrades. If all it is is updating graphic cards then perhaps they should look at replacing parts on an existing system. I understand how we jumped from 8-Bit to 16 Bit to CG & beyond, but personally i think the ps3 graphics is enough. Even game developers can't keep up with the graphic upgrades. Idk how much better you can get & even Sony says the ps3 hasn't reached it's full potential, although i think Square enix has just about tapped into it. (not entirely since they were still using codes from 06 or something) but i'm expecting more out of Versus XIII. They're focusing too much on graphic detail & not enough on the gameplay. Granted the games graphics look mindblowing, but they have to do 3x as much work to get a decent sized story going while trying not to have 'outdated' graphics. They claim that it'll take them 20 years to remake FFVII in the same manner as XIII. Meanwhile older games that were remade for the ds looks like N64 graphics.

Pretty soon there'll be a console that runs strictly on CG graphics. (that's if Sony won't try to accomplish it already). Granted i could see Sony releasing a ps3 modified/upgraded system in order to cut back costs & add new material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:19 pm

The PS3 is nowhere near PC level. Pre-rendered video is easy, but the in-game stuff looks so much better on PC. You look at Crysis on PS3 (probably the best looking game on the system) and the Witcher 2 on a high spec PC. There's no competition.

Granted graphics are a secondary consideration, but given the level or realism these days it presents another layer of immersion, which only adds to gameplay.

I think they'll concentrate on something that can handle a rediculous physics engine to be honest because modding a current PC card will be easy in terms of graphic output: they'll just want to make sure they can do what they want in terms of action/interaction.
Back to top Go down
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Considering i don't' know all the best graphic PC games, Crysis does look amazing though which i didn't think it was possible for the Ps3 to handle. But since, like you said Pc's (graphic cards) are always upgrading every 6 months, console games will always be behind.

I do agree with the graphics do increase the level of realism, i think it's good where it's at.. granted i'm just behind & it's worse now since i'm not getting the hours i want with expenses rising. I really need to get my loan/credit card paid off so at least ill be able to use my tax money towards savings so i can actually buy games. I'm just not ready for a new console (well that & i never buy launch date consoles) I bought mine right before the ps3 was redesigned so i still have the Fat system.

The ps3 was expensive. I really hope they'll think of ways to cut costs (besides giving us a system that will fail mechanically) so gamers can afford them. The ps3 was just way to costly. That & i read somewhere that development tools for the system was pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25291
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:08 pm

The major games I want to play are on both Xbox and PS3. I'd rather just stick with Xbox because I already got the previous two consoles. But not if there going to fucking RROD every 5 minutes. But yeah I don't think I'll buy a nintendo game ever again

GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4006
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

I read an article recently saying that the PS3's life is not even halfway over yet. Its been around only 4 years and could easily last 4 more. The PS4 probably won't hit the market for at least 2-3 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15994
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm

It's retarded to come out with new consoles if you think about it. After Sony and Microsoft just started their Move and Kinect hardware. Also, the playstation 3 just now started making money as the playstation 2's lifecycle just ended. There won't be consoles for at least two or three more years.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9730
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 pm

More content and game play focus, less graphics. That's what I'd like to see. I'd like to see more 2D games as well. Just like stupidly addictive content-crushing big cock splitting learning curve hardcore tactical/strategic monster games. Oh and great story + music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4006
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Infamous 2 comes in the mail tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:29 am

VacuousReality wrote:
More content and game play focus, less graphics. That's what I'd like to see. I'd like to see more 2D games as well. Just like stupidly addictive content-crushing big cock splitting learning curve hardcore tactical/strategic monster games. Oh and great story + music.

Meant to vote on this one lol, not sure what happened. I don't really care how much graphics a system can handle. I just want to be able to buy games without having to pay 2 months worth of income which is basically how much the ps3 cost. Even the controllers are expensive, $60? Ridiculous. I just want to be able to play the games i enjoy. :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15994
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 am

I'm tired of graphics taking center stage in games. Most of my favorite games are older games, from back when developers focused on creating a polished, unique experience. Now everything is about the game looking good.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11329
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm

I'll probably buy it when it comes out. I've bought every Sony console since the PS1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Final Fantasy had an overall nice experience except for the most recent ones, although i did like XIII. But for the most part it's just one big long tube with polished graphics. They could do better without messing around with graphics all day. And now we gotta upgrade again. What's sad is i think most of the people who care bout graphics are Wow users huddled up in their basement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Development Announced   

Back to top Go down

PS4 Development Announced
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1