Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25346
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Apparently this fellow had something happen to his family that is oddly similar to the Butcherface tale. Not scary per say, but definitely interesting

I just got through reading the Butcherface stories and it freaked me out, mostly because it reminded me of something that happened to someone in my family.

About two years ago, my sister had been married to her husband Ryan for about a year. He worked in construction and is the kind of guy who would never make up a story in his life. He just didn't have the creativity for it. He was a pretty straightforward guy whose only real interests were beer and sports. Truthfully, he was the stereotypical douche bag. He never really seemed to have a real thought in his head. If you haven't notice, I never really liked him.

Well, it's a pretty regular thing in my family to hold one party for a bunch of birthdays every couple months, since the family was so big. They had just moved into their apartment a couple months before and wanted to show it off, so one of these parties was the perfect reason to. So, I'm sitting on the couch when Ryan sits down next to me and begins a conversation. It like he was trying to force the conversation. But, he actually had an interesting story.

A couple weeks earlier, he was working on a hotel in the mountains of Vermont. Apparently, they had tried to begin construction on the hotel about a year earlier but they ran out of money and left it basically abandoned up until recently, when they finally got the money to restart work on the place. Since the it had been left to the elements, some of the already constructed hotel had to be demolished and redone. That's what Ryan and his guys were doing.

They were working in a room that was going to house a large generator when one of the guys found a patch of the floor that had been torn up. It was completely loose so they just picked it up and found a small compartment that apparently was supposed to hold more parts for the generator but instead, it was full of garbage. They started digging through the trash and he said it seemed to have layers. There was one layer of children’s toys, another layer of random books, there was a layer of liquor bottles, and he said the final layer was full of buzz saw blades. At the very bottom of the compartment, under some plastic sheeting, was a small safe. They expecting to not be able to open it but when one of the guys tried to open it, they discovered that the lock was broken and it opened right up, and inside were eight videotapes stacked four by four.

While they were working up there in Vermont, they were renting an apartment since it would cost so much to actually travel all the way home every day. Apparently, the place was pretty old and the owners would just throw old stuff in the basement, so the guys were able to find a VCR down there. So, they bring it upstairs and slide one of the tapes in. Now, I actually wasn’t there to see what was on the tapes but, by what he described was on them, they sound pretty close to Butcherface. He said there was footage of a raccoon hogtied and left on the ground to squirm, a “lineup” of dead rodents lined up on the floor against a wall, and a hand holding a knife like the guy holing the camera was just admiring it. One clip showed a mural painted on a wall that apparently really freaked out the guys although Ryan didn’t want to describe what it looked like. Another clips was the filmmaker walking through the dark corridors of the hotel at night. What really made me think of this while reading Butcherface is that Ryan said that on the occasional time the filmmaker was seen on screen, he looked like he was wearing a sack on his head.

The thing that creeped me out while he was telling me is that he said that even though they were bothered by what was on the tapes, they kept watching them. Apparently, they’d watch them almost every night and then talk about it afterwards.

After the tapes were discovered, the construction site started to have more and more problems. Apparently, word of the tapes had spread throughout the site. People kept finding strange images drawn or carved into walls, boards, construction equipment and nearby trees and boulders. A couple months into the construction, a deer was found right in the middle of the site with it’s stomach torn open. Apparently, some of the guys actually left, blaming the man on the tape. Later on, a roofer fell off the roof, falling thirty feet, and shattering his legs. Ryan said he was in the car when they drove him to the hospital, screaming the whole way. When Ryan went to see him in the hospital, the roofer claimed he felt someone push him off the roof.

When Ryan was done telling the story, I realized that he wasn’t trying the force the conversation. He actually looked kind of nervous and it looked like he was actually trying to get something off his chest. When he was done with the story, I came up with an excuse and got up and left. I couldn’t help but glance at their movie collection as I left and in the shelves that was mostly DVD’s, I saw a small collection of VHS’s. If there actually eight of them there, I don’t know because I quickly turned and walked away.

A couple months from there, Ryan disappeared. The police were called and a missing persons report was made. When I heard about it, I drove right over to see my sister. After I talked to her, I went and looked at the movie collection and the VHS collection was gone.

Now, this may not be creepy or scary, but it is true. I don’t know if it really is Butcherface but it sure as hell sounds like it.

LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11168
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 pm

could be someone trying to make this a legitamit myth. could be def fake.

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25346
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Haha the fellow that wrote the original story exclaimed in the comments that the two of them need to talk over PM.

LOR

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11168
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:21 pm

yep. sounds like they be taking people for a ride. now i believe its fake and they are gonna try and spread the lie

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3769
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Most of these are just stories; there's not much point wondering what's true or not...they can be enjoyed nevertheless.

Real psycho-murderer stories scare me; try reading some of the stories on worstserialkillers.com. That's horror!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11384
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Yeah this one seemed very shoddily put together. Definitely fake or if the first one was true this guy's just trying to get in on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11752
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Probably trying to start a game like the Marblehornets or Ben alternate reality games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing   

Back to top Go down

Oh man, we have another apparent Butcherface writing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1