Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Someone played the Midnight Game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25352
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Someone played the Midnight Game!   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Sounds absolutely terrifying
Don't know what it is?
http://tipofthehat.forumsmusic.com/t7570-would-any-of-you-have-the-balls-to-try-this-and-tell-me-how-it-goes

I've have this in my original post but I thought people who missed it would like to hear my results.

The night began as I gathered up the salt, candle, paper with my name on it and the blood. I put the paper by the door and after my 22nd knock on the door I expected all hell to break loose. To my extreme surprise and relief nothing happened right off the bat. I began my march around the house and it all stayed the same for the first hour. I jumped at every shadow and recoiled at every noise. No matter what I told myself everything seemed to scare the hell out of me. Then something changed, I began to gain a little confidence in myself. I thought about all of the haunted places I had been. All of the times I toyed with fate and came out the victor. After this I began to notice that the light of the candle was what was toying with my mind. It wasn't that horrible things were actually happening, but it was my mind that was creating the silhouettes on the walls. It was exactly as I thought it was in the beginning... A battle of the mind that could drive u crazy or see you through to the end. That's when things began to turn for the worse.

It was as if when my confidence grew so did his. As if the fear kept him at bay because he knew you were being punished and that was enough. As I began to deny his existence I felt strong in my conviction that I could easily make it through the night. That is when I noticed the change in temperature. The feel of the room fell drastically. It felt as if the house was being turned into a freezer and I was the fresh meat at it's mercy. I almost ran to the next room as reason went to hell and my mind went to survival mode. At this time I was in the living room after just moving from the kitchen. The temperature was lower than normal but not as bad as the kitchen. I could no longer see the frost of my breath and I began to calm a little. At this time I checked my watch to see that it was 2:30.

This last encounter shook me badly but I wasn't about to quit. I continued to walk the house alone without indecent for approximately twenty minutes. This is when I noticed the cat backed into a corner starring into the darkness of the room. With the light from the candle flickering in its eyes I could see it wasn't changing it's focus, but it it was starring at the doorway for the hallway. It was after I followed the cats gaze that I began looking into the eternal darkness of the hallway. Then my candle began to flicker as if a strong wind was blowing from that direction. Then another came and I was cast into complete darkness. For the first couple seconds all I could think of were these eyes looking back at me. A blueish glint outlined by the black curtains of the night. After being frozen by this image one shout rang out in my head...I have to light the candle. After a few fear paralyzed attempts I managed to get the candle lit, and just like that the eyes were gone.

edit- sorry I hit the enter button. I'll put up the conclusion in a little bit.

When I had about fifteen minutes left in the game I decided to push the envelope and stay in one room. I decided to go to my niece's room at the end of the hallway. It is the most isolated room in the house and I figured it would have the most dramatic outcome. As I expected things began to pick up in intensity. After about ten minutes in the room I began to hear a slight whisper. I couldn't make it out at first and I'm still not sure but it sounded like, "I'm close...don't forget." The room dropped in temperature again and became very cold. After a short time the room returned to normal and my alarm rang out 3:33. I felt relief on a grand scale and I knew I made it through, but I will never forget his last words and I will never play that game again...

Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486633
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Someone played the Midnight Game!   Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 pm

*thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11174
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Someone played the Midnight Game!   Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:27 pm

so you did this? did u conclude it was the mind or is it actually for real?

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25352
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Someone played the Midnight Game!   Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Oh hell no- the author begun writing after the link. I PMed him saying "If I played this game I would just walk from the kitchen to the living room, I would be terrified of the basement or my room"

He replied
"Yeah I thought that too, but I thought fuck it, I'm already terrified so I might as well"

Might have been in his head. Probably, but who knows, its the most believable one so far

sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3775
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Someone played the Midnight Game!   Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Being scared definitly plays tricks on your mind; I think that's the point of the game. Of course there is no being that is the "midnight man"; it's the same with bloody mary. Psych yourself out enough and you will hear/see things. Though I do have to admit, my cat's eyes seem to stare into my soul out of the darkness; all glinty-like. It's kind of like going into a cemetary at night; it's that "what if" fear that grabs you. I would be more scared of a camping-out hobo attacking me haha.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone played the Midnight Game!   

Back to top Go down

Someone played the Midnight Game!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1