Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My own little experiences

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10784
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: My own little experiences   Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 pm

I'll start off by saying right off the bat that I'm a skeptic when it comes to anything of the supernatural or the paranormal. So no, you won't see me believing in ghosts or UFOs and that sort of nature. I will, however, admit that although it is rare, I do get paranoid at night. Some rustling noise or dark silhouette in the corner might set it off, and when it does, all hell breaks loose psychologically. I start having panic attacks and everything starts to "shape-shift," for objects and even noises appear to be more horrifying than what they actually are. Of course I know that none of which I perceive is actually happening, so I try to face my fears by looking at that which triggered my paranoia and trying to will myself into not being afraid through reason. Sometimes this works and I'm able to fall back asleep within fifteen minutes or so. Sometimes it doesn't; that's when things go bad. If I am unable to succeed, I feel a large temperature drop in the room and I shiver profoundly -- so much that it renders me immobile and sometimes leaves me in pain. I have tried to keep this a secret from people, for I honestly feel ashamed about this, but I was unable to hide it this past school year because I was living with VR. Thankfully VR is a cool cat and an understanding fellow, and that made me more comfortable about my problem -- so comfortable that I'm sharing it with you bozos.

Now that you have some background info, I can talk about my two experiences.

The Breathing

This one still horrifies me to this day and it's probably the first time my paranoia got the best of me. This one in October of my Sophomore year of high school, so almost five years ago. It was late at night, about 3 AM or so, and I was trying to fall asleep. Then I heard a noise. At first it faint, but I could make it out as raspy, sickly breathing: as if something were dying. My first thought was that a rat or something was in my room, so I turned on the light. It got louder. I started to make some noise to try and scare it away, but my efforts failed. It got louder. At this point, I started to become perplex and afraid, but I didn't think anything out of the ordinary was occurring, so I started to try and pinpoint where the noise was coming from. It seemed to be coming from behind my television, so moved it forward and took a look; I found nothing. It got louder. Now I was terrified. I got my phone out to see if anyone was awake to talk to, and thankfully one friend was. I texted with him for a while to take my mind off the breathing, but it only seemed to get worse and louder. My friend had to go to sleep because he was tired and it was past 4 AM. I was alone. At this point, the breathing had become omnipresent, for it felt as if it was everywhere around me. I could feel myself slowly start to lose my sense of reality, of what was and what was not. The room went cold. I was clearly now having a full on panic attack and the breathing got heavier and hoarser, and it felt as if it was coming closer and closer. I couldn't take it anymore. I screamed. I screamed louder than I ever have before in my life. My parents came running into my room to see if I was alright. The breathing stopped. I lied to my parents and told them I had a nightmare; they told me that everything was going to be alright. They left and turned the lights off. I cried myself to sleep that night.

This experience haunted me for over two years, for I was unable to comprehend what had happened to me, that was until I read about auditory hallucinations. Apparently they are the most common sort of hallucination induced by stress and lack of sleep. Even though I now know that this experience was all in my head, I still cannot shake the horror that I felt that night.

I'll post the second experience later because I'm too lazy to type it out at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11387
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Taxer has weaknesses!? That's not kvlt.

Kidding, that actually sounds scary as fuck. I'd probably freak out too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11171
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:44 pm

i had a similar experience although not nearly as severe after the first time i saw the original omen movie back when i was much younger (10 maybe). heard voices calling my name. eventually got too tired to give a fuck though and fell asleep i think.

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3772
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 am

I don't believe in ghosts/demons and alien abduction stories (though I feel very comfortable believing we are not the only life in the endless universes). Though, an experience like breathing coming from an unnamed source... that would chill me to the bone; especially if I knew I was awake.
I had a few experiences when I thought I heard my name being called; another time I swore I felt a hand grip my shoulder as I lay in bed. I wrote the experiences off as being half asleep/dreaming. I have had dreams where I am looking into my bedroom, exactly how it is in reality, only something terrible is there...waiting (SOON.) Once it was my cat curled into the corner of my room, eyes glistening and boring into me; then it turned into a giant monster cat and leaped at me.
Now that I don't sleep alone I feel less inclined to get paranoid at night but mirrors in the darkness used to creep me out...faces look so demonic! I also like living in a bunaglo now; basements tend to make disturbing noises that are amplified when alone in a house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25349
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 am

I had a hallucination/dream once. I was young and I was just laying in bed staring at the door which was open. And Sara just came running in and when she got to my bed she jumped and was going to land on me feet first, I screamed then woke up

sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3772
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:20 am

breakyoudown wrote:
I had a hallucination/dream once. I was young and I was just laying in bed staring at the door which was open. And Sara just came running in and when she got to my bed she jumped and was going to land on me feet first, I screamed then woke up

HAHAHA.

There was the one time you made a father's day present and hid it behind your dresser then in the middle of the night, you got up while sleeping and just stood there, staring at it...all Paranormal like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25349
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 am

If I was dad I would burn that tie I made for him

GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4064
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 pm

I used to have paranoia as well when I was younger. I'm kind of 50/50 on the whole paranormal activity thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9788
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:19 am

Hahaha that has to be one of the worst experiences. Fear sucks. I remember when you would get scared I would get scared too because I knew what the feeling was like, although maybe not as intense (definitely not in real life). I'd have to wait for you to fall asleep before I would be able to fall asleep though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little experiences   

Back to top Go down

My own little experiences
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: