Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4005
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...   Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 am

Gotcha Force - Gamecube

A fucking action, shooting, fighting game. Mix Pokemon with robots, and you have this. There is like over 300 different guys you can get, each one having the chance to have a different colour or skin on them (oh i know, big deal). Concept is pretty straight forward. You build a force of robot, jump into a stage that various from a kids room, to the park, and shoot, and beat the crap out of stuff. Its mindless, stupid fun, that can get a little chaotic at times. There are a few levels that are down right impossible to beat, but aside from that, you should have a good time if u enjoy collecting all the little bastards.

Meteos - NDS

Tetris meets NASA. Meteos follows the concept that a lot of other puzzle games use; line up 3 of the same kind of block, they disappear. Though I say that, Meteos puts a spin on it. Connect 3 or more of the same block, they then turn into fucking rockets. Then for a few seconds, those rockets will push all the blocks on top of them up towards the top on the screen where the will disappear, give u points, and possibly land on your opponents screen (if you're playing multiplayer). How high the blocks fly, what colour blocks fall, and even the music depend on the planet you are playing on. There is about 50 different planets to play on, each with their own gravity and beats. There is a standard time trial and survival modes seen in most puzzle games, as well as fusion (where you unlock planets, music, items and other crap), and story modes. Def a different look on block puzzle games.

BlazBlue - Xbox 360

When Guilty Gear lost rights to their series, they just built a new fighter with the same shit. Regardless of being a 'copy', I actually enjoy BB more than GG. There are 12 guys to choose from, each of which play completely different. Some of which can be cheaper than others (fuck you byd and the gigantic taiger). Saw a trailer for this game online, went out and bought it the next day cuz I needed something new to play. Easily the best new random game i've never heard of.

You guys got some cool sleeper games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...   Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11 am

BlazBlue CT/CS are also on PS3 for anybody that cares. It's pretty fantastic and I must concur that it's better than GG.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25349
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...   Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:23 am

Agreed with Blaze, what a goodie that is, too bad it looks weird as hell and whiteboys get scared off.

Xbox:
Breakdown- Best story in a game I've ever seen.
Psychonauts- Best level design I've ever seen
Indigo Prophecy- Interactive movie that your in control of, too much fun. Extremely innovative

Xbox 360:
Bionic Commando- So much fun, swinging around then attacking at high speeds
Bully- Its GTA in school, why is no one buying this

Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486630
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...   Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:57 am

Bully was pretty cool like ten years ago :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25349
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...   Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 pm

I never owned a PS2 lol

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16052
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:39 am

Bully is still a great game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...   

Back to top Go down

Some Awesome Under the Radar Games, But You've Probobly Never Heard of...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1