Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

scary experiences

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9730
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:05 am

I remember one time I was laying down and I closed my eyes, and I started to pay attention to the visuals I was getting with my eyes closed and I spotted a small eye staring at me deep down in the darkness. It was a bit alarming.

So there is this music piece...I have no idea what it's called, but they play it on a rare few tv shows that I've seen in passing. And this music piece is the *only* music piece that I've ever heard that is actually frightening. Like there is fear when 5 tons of metal on fire are tumbling toward you, and then there is ominous fear. This music piece evokes ominous fear immediately. Like I actually try to shove the melody out of my head...thank God I can't remember how it goes. What is up with that? Like there is so much music out there that makes us feel love, sadness, happiness, anger, and more complex things. And ominous fear? Just *one* obscure music piece I've heard. The only one. What's up with that? Are there more of them out there that do the job? Whoever made this piece of music just might have made the most awful and terrifying piece of music artwork known to humanity.
Other "scary" music I've heard is like the "yeah that's creepy cool" variety. Not the "get that the fuck away from me and erase my memory" kind. I remember when I was just a kid I would hear it sometimes and I'd get that like "oh shit what am I going to do about going to bed" thing going, because I was a bit unnerved by the music. Oh and the show wasn't scary at all.

I had this one nightmare once where I was the monster in the nightmare...isn't that kind of weird? Well that's not entirely accurate...I was peaking through my doorway and my facial expression kept becoming more and more monstrous like a growl. And it also started to take on more and more the expression of fear and it just kept going until my facial expression was so intense I was afraid someone would see me. That was the punchline of the dream...fear of being seen.

Most of us are probably familiar with surreal dreams with those feelings we can't describe to save our lives. Has anyone had a /nightmare/ with one of these especially surreal feels though? I have...it was this strange rare nightmare I would get. It didn't seem to relate to any of my experiences except that it took place in my house, but like a weird re-arranged version of my house. And it was one of the most frightening nightmares I had a few times way back when I was a kid...I'm getting a lot of chills just typing this. Yet at the same time it was so frightening and whatever it just had this surreal feel to it. Ugh I see the picture of the dream more than I see my monitor when I stop typing...I should stop.

Anyway yeah stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25291
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

I can't really explain this, but when I am really sick and I try to sleep, I feel like my mind is fucked. I can't stop myself from having nightmares and thinking about irritating things. It will either be really repetitive, or it wont make tons of sense. Kinda like my body is just a wreck

LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11113
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
I can't really explain this, but when I am really sick and I try to sleep, I feel like my mind is fucked. I can't stop myself from having nightmares and thinking about irritating things. It will either be really repetitive, or it wont make tons of sense. Kinda like my body is just a wreck

i get that too. its either school or my brain wont shut off a certain phrase or something for the entire night. like ill have "i see a little sillhoutto of a man, SKARAMUSH SKARAMUSH WILL YOU DO THE FANDANGO?" on fucking repeat for hours. just that section. sometimes i dream about being school though when im sick. i hate dreaming about school, its always really fevered and rushed and im wreck in those dreams.

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Glad to see I'm not insane, the loops happen to me really often too, that verse is awful. I can remember System of a down's "Mind" stuck in my head when its really distorted and Serj says "Everyone needs a mother FUCKER" it was awful

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:57 pm

I've had the school dream + sick thing happen to me. They are pretty bad. You're like, "Ohhh how am I ever going to finish this day. I can't even walk to my class." Also the mind tripping out thing...although I don't remember repetition so much. I'm pretty sure there was repetition. Like sometimes I would do math without doing math, or have some kind of a competition without anything happening. I was an insomniac for a short period and some nights I would just lie awake for 8 hours and I would go into a phase of lots of nonsensical thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:48 pm

i only get dreams of school when im sick. its a sure indicator. if i have a dream of school, i know that when i wake up, im fucked usually

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:08 pm

I was sick once. I took a few PM medications, my antibiotic at the time and a vitamin before I laid myself to rest. I shouldn't have at that time.

I found Jesus Christ at the foot of my bed, peering at me. He spoke: "do not fret. I am not here to take you. I am here to tell you a great secret. You need to know this now."

I asked him what he wanted with me, a small, frightened man in a little house with a few things, living his little, insignificant life.

He said, "I wanted you to know."

"Life is nothing more than a collection of sensory hallucinations. This is a secret you will never deign to speak. You, and everything, are and has been beyond death."

Christ's voice began to become louder and more discerning. He motioned for me to walk with him, and in what was a moment of complete cognitive obedience, I allowed the instruction to overcome me. I walked into my driveway and he turned me around to look at my house.

"What you call death is nothing more than a transference of energies into another fold of time. What you call time is nothing more than an invention by man. What you call man is nothing more than an invention of your own."

He began to scream at me.

"What you call yourself, you are not. You are me. And I, you!"

As he spoke, I saw my walls peel open and the earth eat my house. Then the other houses, the road, the highways, the water tower in the distance, and everything was being mauled by overgrowth. The earth turned everything into ruins. I turned around to see him speak when he said the final word, but alas, he was gone. I was brought to my knees at the expanse before me and let loose an echoing yell across it. I was alone in the garden of Eden, roaming for what seemed like an eternity in what did not seem to me like a heaven nor a hell, but a complete, empty space devoid of advent and creation. I did not want to live or die, but become affixed to the personal identity that I had been so comfortable with creating for myself. I was no longer Anthony, a person, or even human: I was a phantasm walking the higher plane for no reason other than that the world I knew had been thrust into the solitude of space.

I had slept for only 3 hours before I woke to the startling sound of my alarm clock, which I unintentionally set in my sleep. I was never more in fear of death and the possibility of ascendance and looking at anything depicting Christ, while it does interest me, brings me to a greater darkness.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:59 pm

I think you have a serious case of sleep paralysis

LOR

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:10 pm

trilithonian wrote:
I was sick once. I took a few PM medications, my antibiotic at the time and a vitamin before I laid myself to rest. I shouldn't have at that time.

I found Jesus Christ at the foot of my bed, peering at me. He spoke: "do not fret. I am not here to take you. I am here to tell you a great secret. You need to know this now."

I asked him what he wanted with me, a small, frightened man in a little house with a few things, living his little, insignificant life.

He said, "I wanted you to know."

"Life is nothing more than a collection of sensory hallucinations. This is a secret you will never deign to speak. You, and everything, are and has been beyond death."

Christ's voice began to become louder and more discerning. He motioned for me to walk with him, and in what was a moment of complete cognitive obedience, I allowed the instruction to overcome me. I walked into my driveway and he turned me around to look at my house.

"What you call death is nothing more than a transference of energies into another fold of time. What you call time is nothing more than an invention by man. What you call man is nothing more than an invention of your own."

He began to scream at me.

"What you call yourself, you are not. You are me. And I, you!"

As he spoke, I saw my walls peel open and the earth eat my house. Then the other houses, the road, the highways, the water tower in the distance, and everything was being mauled by overgrowth. The earth turned everything into ruins. I turned around to see him speak when he said the final word, but alas, he was gone. I was brought to my knees at the expanse before me and let loose an echoing yell across it. I was alone in the garden of Eden, roaming for what seemed like an eternity in what did not seem to me like a heaven nor a hell, but a complete, empty space devoid of advent and creation. I did not want to live or die, but become affixed to the personal identity that I had been so comfortable with creating for myself. I was no longer Anthony, a person, or even human: I was a phantasm walking the higher plane for no reason other than that the world I knew had been thrust into the solitude of space.

I had slept for only 3 hours before I woke to the startling sound of my alarm clock, which I unintentionally set in my sleep. I was never more in fear of death and the possibility of ascendance and looking at anything depicting Christ, while it does interest me, brings me to a greater darkness.

yeah shrooms are fun

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Some drugs can lead to intense dreams/experiences. Sounds like this one left a lasting impression. And clearly Anthony has great imagination/vocabulary and artistic sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:49 pm

It made me reconsider the paradox of personal identity and how obsessed people seem to be with defining themselves (and how I was) without actually doing so. That enough can take a fair toll on your psyche; that you are not what you are.

Can't say I know what sleep paralysis is but I suppose I have some research to do, as this sort of sleep (although, the dreaming is very infrequent or too insignificant for me to have any recollection) happens quite often.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:16 pm

thats why you should stop thinking about it and do more shrooms instead.

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Trill

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:20 am

The science of it makes sense and while I won't diagnose myself from a YouTube video on a website of metal listeners, it does raise the question. I might have to see a neurologist.

It certainly does not help I listen to Current 93 religiously while awake and while I sleep, which probably explains my docetic imagery. Go ahead and listen to I Have a Special Plan for This World a few hundred times. I did.

This is just one half of the song.

I won't glorify it as much as the people in the video did. It seems like this sort of thing can happen to anybody that gorges on information, art and has a real perspective past the black and white matter that make our social stigmas. It isn't often, however, that people challenge this idea despite persisting failure but instead call it "just a nightmare."

It makes you question whether or not you're really alive.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:40 am

Most people take their experiences for granted...some more than others. There is a great diversity of possible experiences though, and many go far beyond what most people consider normal. I haven't had any interesting experiences really...but I try not to take any of my experiences for granted. I know that, in reality, I'm just experience...and that the "I" is just a part of that experience, and underneath it all is a machine...and underneath the machine is an abstract reality--one could call it nature's imagination. Well this is the perspective I hold anyway...a very naturalistic perspective. I just try to understand things the best I can. I don't believe in certainty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:51 am

All right this wasn't actually a scary experience but it was weird. When I was very very young, maybe 3-4 years old, my mom would sometimes drop me off at her friend's house for whatever reason. She couldn't have me at her house or something so I would spend the night at her friend's house who lived several miles away. Every time I came in there would be this old man yelling at me to get out, but I mean...where the hell was I supposed to go? So my mom's friend (the girl?) and her boyfriend or whatever would get me by the old man and then I'd usually meet the other kid there and sleep over. It was weird though because this one time my mom's friend and the boyfriend or whatever decided (I'm just assuming they were a boy/girl pair because that's the impression I get, and they acted like a pair, but I don't actually know this) to take me to this garage or secluded room. The room was very dark but then the room starting flashing with blinking lights and I saw them both wearing demonic Halloween masks, and then they started trying to scare me and chase me but I don't remember it lasting very long. I definitely remember this happening. I don't remember what happened after though. I doubt it was a dream...never had a dream with flashing lights like that, and I always remember remembering it was real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10726
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:00 am

I once saw a group of black people. At night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11329
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
^ 6 foot tall Mexican brick shithouse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10726
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
^ 6 foot tall Mexican brick shithouse.

Seriously though, my town has no black people at all. To see a fairly large group when I least expected it made me wtf pretty hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scary experiences   

Back to top Go down

scary experiences
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1