Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Preface: This thread is for music that stimulates, quells, and nullifies the senses. This is the apocalyptic nuclear holocaust at the end of the world. This is the dream consuming you. This is fear, wonder and knowing.

Feel absolutely free to make your own contributions to this desolate aural experience.

I will frequent this thread far more than others since I stay in this genre the most.

Current 93 / HÖH: Anyway, People Die

Desiderii Marginis: The Bitter Potion

Beyond Sensory Experience: The End Has No Beginning

Ask for albums if you want.

Last edited by trilithonian on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15988
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:37 am

I really enjoy C93, but I haven't really heard the others. Will probably enjoy them too if they're along the same vein.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 am

Foundation Hope: Troubled Herd Calling

Dahlia's Tear: 2nd Sky Between Lights, Unreleased Colours and Earth

Dawn & Dusk Entwined: A Song of Ice and Fire

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:43 am

Raison d'être: Dream's Essence

Sinke Dûs: Remnants

Coil: Wraiths and Strays of Paris

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Bed time again, so more haunting elegies...

Atrium Carceri: Reunion

Kammarheit: Spatium

Skadi: The Awakening

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Will post three more tomorrow, then massive hallucinatory album post on Sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Ulf Söderberg: Nordvinterögon

Sephiroth: Now Night Her Course Began

Bogus Blimp: Untitled Jazz No. 1

"Does death come alone or with eager reinforcements?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

I remember you showing me Current93 before, I really enjoy Nature and Organisation. My friend told me about the girl they both use in their groups, can't remember her name atm, was once in this pop band called Strawberry Switchblade. Razz Such a jump in genres
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:58 am

Rose McDowall, if memory serves. She also hung out with Douglas Pearce during the momentous beginning that C93 and also with John Balance of Coil before his death. Tragic, unfortunate things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Foundation Hope: Tunes for the Wounded

"The whole release has a wonderfully dense and engulfing intensity to it, which I found myself being drawn into time and time again, before a rapturous explosion of sound snapped me out of it with a jump. Being completely sucked into a release like that doesn’t happen too often, but throughout ‘Tunes For The Wounded’ I found it happening time and time again. All in all, I feel ‘Tunes For The Wounded’ has achieved exactly what Foundation Hope obviously set out to do, by producing an interesting, intense, and innovative excursion in the often repetitive world of dark ambient. And in doing so, they have produced a release that is well worth your time and energy if you want to seek out fresh and absorbing music that isn’t afraid to go against the grain."

Full review here, album in the quote below.

"That human life must be some kind of mistake is sufficiently proved by the simple observation that man is a compound of needs which are hard to satisfy; that their satisfaction achieves nothing but a painless condition in which he is only given over to boredom; and that boredom is a direct proof that existence is in itself valueless, for boredom is nothing other than the sensation of the emptiness of existence."

This is one of my favorites...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am

Ancient Tundra... I'm impressed
http://youtu.be/FX8e82biwms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial   

Back to top Go down

Dark ambient and atmospheric industrial
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1