Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Reminds me of Rec 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25234
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Reminds me of Rec 2   Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Photography has been a hobby of mine for a long time. When I was in high school, I used to spend a lot of time at my aunt & uncle's house. My uncle owned a bunch of old film cameras and had a dark room, so I would go over to visit them (they lived in the same town as us) and mess with developing film after school. It was on one of these days that I experienced something I can't really explain.

My aunt and uncle's house had a basement half-buried in the ground. It had a bathroom, a spare bedroom, and several half-finished rooms that were mostly empty. The darkroom was also down there - you entered through this werid revolving door - like a big black tube that you stepped into and then spun around you to let you out the other side, so that no outside light could get into the darkroom. On this day I stepped in and spun the door, but instead of the familiar red glow from the darkroom light, I was greeted only by blackness. I stumbled into the darkroom a little disoriented and felt along the wall for the light switch, but I couldn't find it. Stupidly, I ran my hand along the wall rather than stepping back out , following it until I bumped up against not a light switch but a handle.

Confused, I turned and pulled, opening a door. There weren't any other doors in the darkroom - I tripped over something as I opened the door and fell down. My hands felt something wet on the ground and the room was incredibly cold. I could hear and feel air moving, and the room felt blacker than black. I scuffled backwards into the darkroom, slamming the door. The darkroom felt lighter by comparison - I had an afterimage in my mind of the door's rectangle in the wall, even though it was already pitch black in the darkroom.

I blundered my way back toward the light switch and found it this time. I flicked it frantically, but nothing happened. Hair standing up on the back of my spine, I had the distinct impression that something was in the room with me - like something had escaped from that other room. I couldn't see anything, but I suddenly felt watched. I retreated back through the rotating door as fast as I could, hurrying through the basement back upstairs to the brightly lit kitchen where my aunt was.

My uncle and I checked out the darkroom later that evening, and the room had only the one spinning door, just like it should have. The light was working again, but I stopped going in there by myself after that.

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11640
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Reminds me of Rec 2   Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:47 am

Good concise story. Creepy as I'm laying in my pitch black dorm room I just moved into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
nekrobelly
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 45
Hedonistic Glory : 1923
Joined In : 2012-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Reminds me of Rec 2   Mon May 21, 2012 1:20 am

a good read had me captivated Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Facebook.com/FrankensteinRockabillyson

PostSubject: Re: Reminds me of Rec 2   Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm