Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Thoughts on People

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:33 am

People in general. What do YOU think of this world?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:56 am

People are selfish and self-interested, but are capable of compassion and empathy given the right circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 am

Depends on the mood I'm in. If I'm happy and someone is a prick to me I'll think "Ah they are just having a bad day and I just happened to be there when something put them over the top". When I'm in a bad mood I'll think "What an asshole I bet they ______ _______ stereotype and then they ________"

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:18 am

People are weird, and I have mixed feelings about people in general. On one hand I dislike suffering period, and I have extremely tolerant views. On the other hand I'm sometimes disgusted by people, especially self-righteous stupidity that results in suffering. Also reckless behavior bothers me when the person doesn't seem to even contemplate the risks. So I'm torn in two different directions. I always try to understand people, and sometimes I'm disgusted by what I learn, yet I still desire to improve sentient experience in general which of course includes humanity. I do try to change my attitude to something more positive though. And of course I'm a human and that's kind of awkward too.

Well our species is a social species and we have to form governments to sustain. Otherwise we'll either be destroyed or absorbed anyway. So basically we have to work with each other, and I just think the more educated and critical we are the better we can problem solve and avoid irrational traps. It would make us more divided, but I think it's better that way. When people unite easily they do crazy shit. Like I'm sure we could unite if someone was going to war against us...because that threatens all of our concerns. When people just unite under ideologies without questioning them it can create hell though.

The basic idea is that, even though we are all pretty selfish, we have to work together...so might as well do it in the best way possible because to a certain extent what's in our interest is what's in everyone's interests. We are all diplomats, and the better we all are at diplomacy then the better off we are as a whole. That doesn't follow strictly, but in this case I think it's generally true.

And holy shit are we materialistic. One person's waste is another's gold. And another person's gold is almost everyone's waste. I think it's crazy and unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Those are some thoughts, just to get things started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:24 am

Yeah that's very true BYD. Mood definitely matters when it comes to how we handle and perceive social situations. I think the general thought is that there are more suicides in happier countries because those people have to be around all the happy fucks all the time. I'm not sure if that's true but it's food for thought at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:29 am

mostly what taxer said. as a functioning introvert i can safely say i see the worst in alot of people.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:31 am

Self=interest isn't necessarily bad, but yeah. People do as they want to do, whether that be for better or worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 127
Hedonistic Glory : 2543
Reputation : 4
Joined In : 2011-04-13
Age : 27
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 am

I think people are weak and stupid alone, but once one good leader can motivate the masses, everything is possible, America needs a revolution...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 am

Stupid people will be stupid when they choose their leaders. We have to choose with our brains and not our hearts, because our hearts are like children...very dear to us, but very insensible. They have to be guided by something more principled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:33 am

I can honestly say I hate people. Modern society disgusts me. As a person, I feel nothing but empathy and compassion for others, so I guess I don't hate them in that sense. But the way most people live, and how selfish they can be just upsets me to the point where I don't really want to have anything to do with them. That's why I spend a lot of time alone, or with my few close friends.

The thing that gets me are those random acts of jackassery. Like speeding up in your car so someone who is trying to pull out of a parking lot can't get out first, or those who are rude to people just because they are different. I deal with over 100 people a day at work, and you'd be surprised (or not) at how many of them are simply assholes just because I work at a fast food restaurant. That must mean I'm the scum of the Earth (I'm not arguing haha)

Even if I'm polite, most of them are rude even though I am friendly and providing a service. Stuff like that gets to me, and has almost completely disillusioned me about society.

I'm not saying I'm not so high and mighty that I can't be a dick sometimes, but usually it's jokingly with friends or it's because I'm stressed out or something, but I almost always apologize and I don't make it a regular thing. And of course there are some truly great people in this world. I just think humanity has lost a lot of their ideals, if they ever really had any to begin with
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:35 am

VacuousReality wrote:
Stupid people will be stupid when they choose their leaders. We have to choose with our brains and not our hearts, because our hearts are like children...very dear to us, but very insensible. They have to be guided by something more principled.

I disagree. I think that people should follow their hearts or instincts. I would much rather have someone in power who I disagree with if they seemed like a genuine, caring person. Instead of thinking about what makes sense, I just sense that this particular person is going to do the right thing, or at least make an attempt to help others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:43 am

Yeah, I always try to be nice to the workers when I'm a customer. Every little bit helps. I think on one hand it's easy to be an ass hole these days because you live in a city and you don't know any of the strangers you run into...fuck them. Just vent your emotions in their direction by driving aggressively or being impatient and rude etc.

I always try to remember that people aren't these impossible to change animals that it's easy to take them to be. People have bad days, have areas of ignorance, etc. I think they can actually make positive changes and they often do, but it helps to have some patience with them. I mean that's not going to help if you're just a worker and someone wants their goddamn nuggets more than anything in the world, but in other cases it can. When I'm patient with people it often brings out a better side. And everyone messes up from time to time too...one can't assume an ass hole is like that all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:50 am

Exactly. When people are polite to me when I'm working, it really improves my mood. It's like, even though we make mistakes, we aren't doing it on purpose or whatever. Another thing is people think service jobs like that are easy, which they really aren't. Everyone should work fast food for a month or two out of their lives just to appreciate what we actually have to do.

Also, I think people in general need to work on venting their emotions. Sure, things might be a bit shitty in your life or whatever, but you don't need to take it out on everyone else, especially if they are friendly and willing to help make it better, even if that just means serving you a few tacos or something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:54 am

Axe wrote:
VacuousReality wrote:
Stupid people will be stupid when they choose their leaders. We have to choose with our brains and not our hearts, because our hearts are like children...very dear to us, but very insensible. They have to be guided by something more principled.

I disagree. I think that people should follow their hearts or instincts. I would much rather have someone in power who I disagree with if they seemed like a genuine, caring person. Instead of thinking about what makes sense, I just sense that this particular person is going to do the right thing, or at least make an attempt to help others.

They could be deceiving. More likely they could be truly genuine and caring, but misguided. Instincts are certainly useful, but we can discriminate between when they are appropriate for the situation versus when they are not. I think we are obligated to look at the hard facts whenever possible. I think this is actually an interesting idea for a psychological test though...have people engage with a conversation with someone, or have the person argue a pre-determined point. Have watchers or converses rate how genuine/caring/nice they seemed, then have another test which in some way measures their altruism and/or ability to make good judgments. Obviously that's a really rough sketch of an idea for an experiment, but you get the basic idea. My mom has met people who seemed extremely nice and turned out to be freaks or in one case a murderer who killed a girl with a knife later on. If our instincts were accurate then I would agree with you, but we have to go with the things we know to be so before we rely on the things where we aren't quite sure. I think that's the responsible thing to do.


Last edited by VacuousReality on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 am

I guess I can see your point, but generally instincts are your natural defense mechanism. Usually they won't lead you astray if you look at the facts and whatnot. For example, one of my friends seemed like a wonderful person and always nice, but I could tell there was something not quite right about her. And my feelings were right, it turned out she had done some really fucked up things in her past. I think maybe a combination is best, but if you always look at things and decide with your brain then you might be missing out on important things that could make all the difference.

A great example is FDR. Everyone voted for him because they thought he had the potential to really fix the problems in the U.S, but by the time he was out of office many people disapproved of him because of his controversial policies. Another, more recent example, is Obama. A lot of people agreed with his plans for the country, but are now realizing that he is not going through with many of his promises. That just shows poor character, regardless
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 am

I don't blame my negative view on other people: personal shortcomings aren't the fault of a mass of humans despite my willingness to call the race a mistake from time to time. Whatever is happening is an inherent function, is illogical and happens regardless of whether or not I would like it to.

I can agree that people are more materialistic, attaching themselves to whatever mood, product or icon they can for a warped sense of identity. I don't think anybody is really innocent of this as by and large people are impressionable. Should the right thing come across, we're going to want to be a part of it -- and wanting something, despite how intangible it might be, can still be materialistic if it is meant for a motive to enhance a personal meaning.

People aren't hopeless, but a lot of people fail to see beyond the shroud of stereotypes, racial/gender boundaries, et cetera and instead to embrace their own part of their inherited community in an all too wrong display of camaraderie. They obsess over being (insert the "oppressed" here) versus being a part of a picture too large for them to understand. That frustrates people: that they do not have all the answers and cannot answer all the questions they are brought. We wear these masks to hide that and provide irrational answers to an otherwise irrational problem.

Everybody wants to be important and recognized and influential, but very few are willing to put forth the effort in raising necessary questions to be anything but occasionally controversial. Most of the time... they're just straight boring.

Back to top Go down
VacuousReality
...
...


Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Reputation : 115
Joined In : 2009-02-18
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:54 am

Your first passage indicates your wider perspective on the matter. I too, when pondering the realities of the human race, seen myself as a spec in that ocean with its own quirks that play into the very role of the perspective I'm engaging in. And of course there is no limit to how far reductionism can be applied to our existence...our experiences are but a dot in a spectrum of wild possible experiences of which all we take as common sense can be broken. Senses, identity, thought, personality, location, sense of time, morality, sense of social normality, etc. etc.

When all is said and done though, we have a life to live and usually that's the center focus. We have desires and fears which demand our attention. And social desires...most likely the desire to be a part of a group in some form or another. The main thing is just keeping a wide perspective on things...not getting too caught up in prejudices and mistaking them for some aspect of reality beyond ourselves. IMO anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:06 am

The individual can be good in my opinion, the mass just ruins it. Didn't wanna state my opinion, but it would appear we are all misanthropic here in one way or another, so basically, I support almost all these views haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 am

I don't think that's an opinion more than it is an unwritten social law, VR. There aren't any consequences for breaking said law, but by moderating these personal matters there is a heightened social strata that at least tries to reconcile with known weaknesses.

It's all too easy to go the other route, which is a sad truth to the consigning of many peoples' focus. They choose personal focus over all other and how the world around them can inherently benefit them, versus us trying to provide a basis for invention, be it physical or not.

In so far as the individual being "good," the individual is only good when removed from the plague of social problems that they would otherwise conform to. For example, it's acceptable of me to go to a metal concert, get drunk and push people around. That's the culture that it breeds and is commonplace. You don't go to a club and start pushing people who are dancing around. It's the same logic with people. The individual is guilty of segmenting itself into particular subcultures in which their ability to reconcile with anything that isn't within those parameters is reduced. Some people come off straight awkward, some people play it off pretty well and some people flat out avoid dealing with it (which is atypical of misanthropic people, to write off that people as a whole can be "good" and serve a greater purpose than "eat, sleep, fuck, shit, die").

To get away from that problem, the individual has to effectively moderate their own involvement in their comfort zone and accept the fact that culture is more evolutionary than they are.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 am

"My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others."

That about sums up how I feel about people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:20 am

In all honesty I don't it's so much people having to be "in their comfort zone" or whatever, it's mostly just people striving for acceptance in one way or another. But when people don't gain the approval and acceptance they are looking for they become bitter assholes towards everyone. Which I understand completely the feeling, I used to be that way until a few years ago when I realized there was no point. Just because something sucks doesn't mean I have to be a complete dick to everyone.

I think the biggest key to sustaining humanity is understanding. We don't even need compassion and empathy and all that, although it's a big bonus. Understanding is the most important thing, rather than hating what you don't. For example, I dislike ICP immensely, but I have a few casual friends who like them. I understand we're different and we still hang out every now and then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 am

Understanding is left to decay thanks to a massive personal interest. If their personal interests happen to coincide with a social group that accepts it, then it's considered a plus to that community. I'm trying to say it feeds the notion that so long as they continue doing something effortless and it's considered acceptable, that they'll continue to do so without any regard for anybody except themselves. At that point, not even the community matters because it has become a buffer for the individual to become lost to apathy.

If they're really striving to be accepted, they're going to challenge people they like and understand their differences, like your friends and ICP. Your capacity to deal with it (shades) shows your ability to challenge your own dislike for something and accept their "flaw" for a common goal.

You can really use that as a math problem for most issues.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:05 pm

I kind of hate Pop culture and the influence that it has. The fact that people on the Internet with no real talents get famous just because of hits rather than skill. I hate when I want to watch a movie with someone but they wont want to watch it unless it went to theaters. Or listen to music that has to be a single. So much of the economy is based around shopping its stupid.

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Axe wrote:
I guess I can see your point, but generally instincts are your natural defense mechanism. Usually they won't lead you astray if you look at the facts and whatnot. For example, one of my friends seemed like a wonderful person and always nice, but I could tell there was something not quite right about her. And my feelings were right, it turned out she had done some really fucked up things in her past. I think maybe a combination is best, but if you always look at things and decide with your brain then you might be missing out on important things that could make all the difference.

A great example is FDR. Everyone voted for him because they thought he had the potential to really fix the problems in the U.S, but by the time he was out of office many people disapproved of him because of his controversial policies. Another, more recent example, is Obama. A lot of people agreed with his plans for the country, but are now realizing that he is not going through with many of his promises. That just shows poor character, regardless

im on VR with this one simply because when stupid people act on emotion alone they are actually acting solely on stupidity almost. a strict christian will FEEL that they shouldnt vote for a jew for office because he/shes a jew, regardless of their political stance. lets be serious theres a whole area of our country that votes this way. this person would rather vote for the good christian boy he can have a beer with. this doesnt help our country at all. emotions are good, but only usually when it is coupled with a logical person. also racists have strong emotions against whatever race they hate. if the perfect candidate (hypothetically of course) came around who just happened to be of that race, these racists wouldnt vote for him/her because... because they're stupid and pretty much just acting on emotion... and being raised terribly doesnt help.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:32 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
I kind of hate Pop culture and the influence that it has. The fact that people on the Internet with no real talents get famous just because of hits rather than skill. I hate when I want to watch a movie with someone but they wont want to watch it unless it went to theaters. Or listen to music that has to be a single. So much of the economy is based around shopping its stupid.

actually all of the economy is based around shopping

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm not afraid to call Obama's success in 2008 the culmination of what the public deemed a failed presidency coupled with a racial voting tendency that begged for something - anything - different from what we were experiencing. I'm pretty sure that the black communities were more than elated to be able to be able to elect a black president and while in principle there's nothing wrong with it, inaction is worse than trying and failing. A judge of character isn't exactly the most precise way to measure whether or not somebody's fit to "fix" everything, but the power of the presidency has been noticeably dashed since the 40s. Not sure if they have too much swing in their punch to matter anymore.

Can't vote with emotions. Not saying McCain was a terrific alternative to Obama during that time, but there was a pretty overwhelming majority that voted for him merely due to voluntary segregation (i.e., each race sticks to themselves).

As far as pop culture being as relevant as it is, it's all memes. Something fairly significant that people can recognize and use as a basis for a social gathering. Pop culture memes are typically trendy, one-and-done flings that push you to spend money more than get you to understand the point of the media they're expressing themselves on. Its influence on the economy was the point I think byd was trying to make, though: that pop culture is more "give us money, get your ____" in the terms that it's what it does in every platform. Media has become less than expression to them.
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486631
Reputation : 61
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

I had a generally positive opinion on people until I got a Facebook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead
avatar

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 3018
Reputation : 9
Joined In : 2011-03-19
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:45 am

Axe wrote:


Even if I'm polite, most of them are rude even though I am friendly and providing a service. Stuff like that gets to me, and has almost completely disillusioned me about society.

Nothing gets me more then when people are rude to me or others. We're the ones helping them out.

Retail is one of the worst places where people are their worst. It's like their IQ falls out their brains & out the window. People act like they've never shopped before, complain to the service desk people when they can't make a return yet they're supposed to pay attention to the return policy. I really hate my job because im a cart attendant & i have to deal with EVERYTHING. Carts, carryouts, spills, take defects to the back, reshop (unwanted merchandise at the lanes), clean bathrooms, trash, i also have to give pizza hut express breaks sometimes. It gets so bad i just want to jump off a cliff sometimes. In what world do you complain when there are shoeprints or paper towels on the floor in the bathroom? Not to mention i have to keep the bathrooms spotless.. kinda hard when you clean it up & someone walks in there & destroys it. More and more people are bringing carts 5 stores down the road where you can see it piling up in the background.

All in all i hate the general population. I don't hate people in general, but there are plenty of stupid people & they tend to be in large numbers. It's really irritating & if people were a bit more conscious around others realizing they're making things worse by not thinking. About a year ago i was driving on a main road & someone just stops right in the middle of traffic to pick someone up, i'm thinking really? Move to the side perhaps!? So your not blocking traffic. I think the main cause is overpopulation, not enough people realize this & when they 'drive 20 under the speedlimit" or shopping past closing time for a store that's trying to get everything cleaned up for the next day it just makes me wonder how many people never really even think what they are doing. Of course im aware of many of these things because i work in retail.

Not to mention i never really thought about how hard it really is to make a sandwich in a fast food restaurant & i have heard stories from a few workers who go nuts when ppl order 40 or more burgers in one order & expect it to be ready in a flash. Patience isn't really a strong point in people today, they expect everything to be handed to them in a timely manner. However it does bother me when i have so little time to complete my work so it's a pain when someone is taking their time during a carryout. Why is it when they ask for a carryout they end up going to the bathroom or to get a starbucks, pizza or need to go to the service desk for whatever reason. Perhaps either they need to wait til they actually need help or pull up their car to get the item(s) in their car first then do whatever they want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:36 pm

It gets ridiculous. I am a closer at taco bell, and these assholes come through during our last our of service when there are two people there (myself and a manager) and order like 3 or 4 twelve taco party packs and then get upset when it takes a few minutes. I'm sorry I can't make 36 tacos instantly by myself.

Also, when someone has a massive order then the customer behind them in the drive thru has one item. That second customer likes to yell at us at the window because they had to wait for 5 minutes for one burrito, like we are going to go outside around the drive thru to collect their money and give them their order so they dont have to wait on the fifty dollar order in front of them.

Another weird thing is it always seems to be the person in the drive thru who causes problems, at least in the customer's eyes. Oh, they put lettuce on your taco and you didnt want it? Why not bitch at and blame the guy running the drive thru who rang up your order correctly and had nothing to do with the creation process!

Another annoying thing is people dont really realize how hard we actually work. There is a lot more to doing a service job than ringing up an item. Not only do we have to be really fast (almost at a run pace) for up to a few hours straight, but we have a large list of secondary things to get done. Especially as a closer, I have tons of cleaning and maintenance to do in between orders at night and I am required to be done an hour after we stop taking orders, and get yelled at if im not because im still getting paid while we are getting no revenue. So assholes need to stop coming through the drive thru in caravans to get a shitload of tacos so they can go get drunk and beat their wives while eating pseudo-mexican food

Fuck service jobs. Especially for someone like me who wants as little to do with people as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead
avatar

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 3018
Reputation : 9
Joined In : 2011-03-19
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm

I've actually gotten so sick of my job i don't want to even see anyone when im not working. I'm walking to my car from my apt & in my head im thinking 'please, please don't make me run into someone'. If people are really in that much of a hurry they might as well prepare their food at home & keep a microwave in their car & see how fast they can get food ready. It's called 'fast food' not 'instant food'. I really wish i could tell people off when they act stupid/try to mouth off on me. Like if there's a spill somewhere or a cleanup in the restroom & someone comes up to complain about how its a mess or whatever, i'd like to talk back to them, well are you going to clean it up? If not then don't bother telling me.

Its the same stupid crap with the sidewalks during winter, "it's slippery" god i'd like to punch people in the face for telling me that, you can't walk on ice? i have to do it all the time im out there when there's ice. It's winter, get over it. People are such babies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Yeah I've been working at Dairy Queen for 4 months. We have burgers now and it gets a little stupid with all the blizzards and cheeseburgars and ice cream and milkshakes

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Retail really does bring out the worst in people. Consumer culture is as it does; whiny, impatient, yet relevant and necessary shit.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:02 pm

I used to ask people to donate to charity after every purchase. I raised 300 dollars then got tired of hearing so many no's that I stopped asking

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat
avatar

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10452
Reputation : 94
Joined In : 2008-09-05
Age : 24
Location : Kansas!

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:47 am

I work in a kitchen, where I am not exactly directly involved with people, so I am fine with it ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25350
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:14 am

I will work at least twice as hard when I know that my boss is appreciative of me. One legit sounding compliment will put me over the top and I will be motivated for a long time. But my boss continuously looks for ways to get pissed at me for stupid reasons, like finding peanuts on the floor that I missed sweeping. If he would be neutral towards me even I'd be far more productive all the time. Positive reinforcement seriously affects my work haha. Telling me that I'm on thin ice or refreshing me with basics after 4 months is just irritating

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth


Last edited by breakyoudown on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead
avatar

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 3018
Reputation : 9
Joined In : 2011-03-19
Location : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 pm

^ yeah it's really stupid when your boss makes things harder, i have a supervisor who is constantly on my ass if things doesn't get done, well it's not going to make me any happier when i have plenty of other things to do, it's so ridiculous it makes me upset when i have to deal with that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on People   

Back to top Go down
 
Thoughts on People
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Famous people (using the last letter of the previous name)
» "Missing People" go to Downing Street today - and guess who's "Missing"!!!
» How Many "Well Connected" People Do You Know?
» "When people take the piss"
» Open letter to Trustees of Missing People Limited

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: