Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What games are you anticipating?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:19 am

I'm always waiting for more Castlevania games (and not the 3D ones...I played a couple of the 3D ones and they were all right, but this latest one just had no atmosphere (didn't play it...just based on previews/reviews)...went for the "epic" God of War style thing or whatever, meh). I could play those for an eternity. Also Armored Core 5...any Armored Core game. I love them. Also, strangely enough, I look forward to a new Ace Combat game but I have a feeling it'll never come. I just really liked the atmosphere...these other airplane games seem too entertainment-centric for my tastes.

Also any new Advanced War game would be awesome. I love those. A new Fire Emblem game would be worth checking out, but I'm a bigger AW fan.

I'm not looking forward to a new Gran Turismo game really, which is a shame because I always have. GT5 was a disappointment...they focused all their efforts on graphics and then didn't put in enough races and relegated 80%+ of the cars to a crappy used lot system. Also they could make the game more challenging.

Also I'm keeping an eye out for any new games that look interesting. I probably get really into maybe 10% of the games I play? It's hard to find ones I'm into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:11 am

ROFL new Ace Combat coming out in October. I just hope to God they kept the same atmosphere from the one I played for PS2...then it would be fucking sick. I need more experiences that evaporate from my existence. That's what video games are for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:15 am

Ewww they are playing rock music and stuff, and they have people in the game now. I hate it when they put people in games, unless it's just a voice. Airplanes have more personality that humans. Whatever...it still looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:16 am

Assassin's Creed: Revelations, MGS HD Collection, Zelda: SS.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10455
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:35 am

Assassin Creed games have never interested me, always VERY boring gameplay. And Skyrim and Battlefield 3 mainly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25353
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:21 am

Anticipating price drops more than anything haha. But I am going to kill myself when Skyrim comes out. If that disappoints me I mentally wont let it even if it does. Gears of war 3, Mass Effect 3, Saints Row 3

spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 3021
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, FFXIII-2, A Resident Evil game that has real zombies or hope there's a game like RE where you can actually shoot zombies, a real z-day survival game. I recently got Dead Nation but that game is pretty much like Dead Rising without the annoying plot. I want a zombie game where i can blockade a house & get survival items.

Castlevania has always been good i want the new one on Ps3. Other then that i haven't really found too many exciting games, other then Dead Space which i have the first game & it's awesome. I plan on getting DS 2 when the price drops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:32 pm

I was incredible disappointed in RE5. They took the horror out of it. Its just an okay shooter now

spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm

RE4 was like that too, controls are a bit better but no more horror. Capcom's solution was giving us a cheap zombie game, Dead Rising.. even tho the first one was slightly entertaining the story was pretty dumb imo. Even tho RE Darkside Chronicles was a rail-shooter it was far more exciting then the main games. I think there's a game based on George Romero's zombie movie series, couldn't find much on it though, i'd like to get my hands on that.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:49 pm

I was probably 15 when I played RE4. I think I had quite a few mini heart attacks playing it hahah. Especially the chainsaw guys

spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm

You might have gotten nightmares from playing the original games.. the music in RE2 & RE3 would scare little kids on halloween.

Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4852
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Skyrim. Pre ordered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:56 pm

link wrote:
Assassin Creed games have never interested me, always VERY boring gameplay.

Parkour assassinations are boring? I don't get it!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Yeah I only played the first AC and it was pretty sweet to me. All I did were counters too lol

ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4009
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:56 pm

i refuse to give AC games a chance anymore after the first one. way to repetitive. Gears 3 is the only big games im looking forward too. Anarchy Reign tickles my interests tho. Platinum Games have failed to make a crap game, so im curious as to how they will be able to keep a fighting, beat em up style game from getting old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:09 pm

The first one was way too repetitive. There was no way I was going to collect thousands of insignias and banners for the sake of completion.

They listened to all the bitching in 2, and still found room to improve in Brotherhood. It's worth another go around. It has collectible events all the same, but they're nowhere near as exhaustive and emphasize more on the gameplay and story.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Skyrim. Pre ordered.

This. Also, upgraded the the collectors edition. Once this game comes out I won't need another game for a few months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Axe wrote:
Bloodbeast wrote:
Skyrim. Pre ordered.

This. Also, upgraded the the collectors edition. Once this game comes out I won't need another game for a few months.
What's in the collector's edition?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 pm

I think a big map and maybe a dragon figure

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 pm

I don't know a thing about Elder Scrolls. Why should I play it?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:23 pm

No immediate pressure to do anything, even though there are endless things to do. You can make a world for yourself. You can be a dick when you want, and a hero when you want. Each NPC has a routine if you want to fuck with them. Plenty of difference guilds to match each element of the game. Fighting, assassinations, magic, being a hero type things. Lots of secret items. Impossible amount of quests. Lots of fun stores and shops. Lots of fucked up scams going on in various cities. You'll find a few cities to be your home where you always gravitate to. Lets say you dedicate yourself to magic but you like bows and arrows, you can easily just pay a trainer to help you boost yourself back. The options are endless, also the DLC is outstanding. It features two ajacent cities. One is super depressing, one is overly happy.

Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
No immediate pressure to do anything, even though there are endless things to do. You can make a world for yourself. You can be a dick when you want, and a hero when you want. Each NPC has a routine if you want to fuck with them. Plenty of difference guilds to match each element of the game. Fighting, assassinations, magic, being a hero type things. Lots of secret items. Impossible amount of quests. Lots of fun stores and shops. Lots of fucked up scams going on in various cities. You'll find a few cities to be your home where you always gravitate to. Lets say you dedicate yourself to magic but you like bows and arrows, you can easily just pay a trainer to help you boost yourself back. The options are endless, also the DLC is outstanding. It features two ajacent cities. One is super depressing, one is overly happy.
Not to mention the replayability of it is incredible, I've played Oblivion with over a dozen different characters because there is just so many different things to do and ways to do it. And the way they've done Skyrim, they have so you can't go around and do factions that are counterproductive of one another, i.e. Dark Brotherhood and then go and do Mages guild, which encourages, more so demands to replay to cover all the storylines and the game does not become a monotonous repetition of the same ole quests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 pm

I don't really like that, yes it adds re-playability. But the game really doesn't end ever. I'd rather just be one guy and fuck around. Then make another account when I put the game away for a year. This is just going to encourage me to stop sooner. I don't really like that, I'd rather try to find loopholes to do them all lol

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 pm

The collectors edition comes with a large harcover art book with comments by the developers, a foot tall dragon statue, a making of dvd, a cloth map and the game in a premium case. It's expensive but seems worth it, especially since it's my favorite game series on the planet

Basically, the Elder Scrolls is another world. The story can be hit or miss in some places, but there is no denying that the series has some of the richest lore out of any game series. You can find books and notes and such scattered around and on bodies that detail the lore. But it truly is a game where you can do whatever you want. It's totally open ended, you can choose to join a certain faction and miss out on the quests given by a different faction, you can choose to be a noble character by helping people or be a dark character by stealing, murdering and generally being an asshole. You can purchase homes, collect items including unique items that you really have to search for, craft potions (and in skyrim, armor, food and weapons), and then get down to the main story/questline. Each game offers well over 100 hours of entertaining gameplay, up to probably 300 hours. And it never gets tedious, there is always something to do.

It's essentially a piece of art too. Not just the graphics, but the living, breathing world. And the lore, the lore is what gets me. There is a history of the game world that is rich and totally discoverable over the course of the games. You can either ignore the extra lore, or find it to discover bits of information. It's completely addicting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6682
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Skyward sword, and Ultimate MVC3 unfortunately
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4009
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears Gears
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What games are you anticipating?   

Back to top Go down

What games are you anticipating?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1