Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So I'm a Satanist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: So I'm a Satanist   Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Been on the left-hand path for a few years now. Started with LaVeyan Satanism. Be your own god and all that. It was only reasonable, since I'm the most considerate, loyal, virtuous person I know (besides NaggerGuy and a few other exceptionals), therefore I make the best god i can think of. Better than these shithead humans, at least. After a while, I hated people so badly that I hated (not pitied) Jesus for dying for them. That compounds pre-existing sympathy for the Devil, tremendous contempt for the Christians and God himself and all the convergences between Satan and I. This was the clear choice. Seems like i was made for hell. I still see Lucifer as a symbol (because the Judeo-Christian mythos is nonsense), but he's becoming more real to me everyday. Makes me smile.

Wanted to know about you guys. Tell me your religious views.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4005
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 am

Fuck, I just wrote a little thing about my beliefs and it didn't get posted. I'll sum it up with one word then,

Deism.

Any questions?

Oh, and the other highlight of my paragraphs, "Satanism ain't bad. I like worshiping myself"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 12:58 am

Deism is probably the most sound version of Christianity, but you're a heretic. I think it was Einstein that believed in God a like the force that created time and universal expansion. Do I have that right?

Yeah, but I'm more passionate about it now. I'm sincerely thinking about slaughtering a goat in His name. Participate? Might be fun.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25290
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 9:50 am

Pretty big atheist here. I was raised Christian but backed out and stopped praising a few years ago. I don't believe in anything really from any bible or any of the characters. I'm sure they existed- but I don't think they did any miracles. Exaggeration. The image of Satan was put together through various Pagan things and I just think that none of it makes sense. Don't want anything to do with worshiping a God. When I get lucky on something my dad will say that "The good Lord works in funny ways". This creeps me out.

LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11112
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 am

im a nothing.

but kinda wish i could be cool enough to be some kind of pagan

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 pm

@byd - I'm still an atheist, too. But again, the idea of theistically worshipping the Dark Lord is really appealing to me. LaVeyan satanists see Lucifer (light-bringer) as a symbol of enlightenment, freedom and self-worship. But you're right. The devil carries his pitchfork to mock Poseidon. The mythos doesn't make sense. Not unless you're talking about the Satan that predates Christianity.

@LOR - Oh God, you're so right. It would be so much fun to worship the Pagan Gods. I would be devoted to Dionysus.

@ both of ya - An excerpt from LaVey's Satanic Bible

(AIR) THE BOOK OF LUCIFER
THE ENLIGHENMENT
The Roman god, Lucifer, was the bearer of light, the spirit of the air, the personification of enlightenment. 
In Christian mythology he became synonymous with evil, which was only to have been expected from a 
religion whose very existence is perpetuated by clouded definitions and bogus valus! 
It is time to set the record straight. False moralisms and occult inaccuracies must be corrected. 
Entertaining as they might be, most stories and plays about Devil worship must be recognized as the
 obsolete absurdities they are. It has been said “the truth will make men free.” 
The truth alone has never set anyone free. It is only DOUBT which will bring mental emancipation. 
Without the wonderful element of doubt, the doorway through which truth passes would be tightly shut, 
impervious to the most strenuous poundings of a thousand Lucifers. How understandable that Holy Scripture 
should refer to the Infernal monarch as the “father of lies”—a magnificent example of character inversion.
 If one is to believe this theological accusation that the Devil represents falsehood, then it surely must be
 concurred that it was HE, NOT GOD, THAT ESTABLISHED ALL SPIRITUAL RELIGIONS AND WHO WROTE 
ALL OF THE HOLY BIBLES! When one doubt is followed by another, the bubble, grown large from long accumulated
 fallacies, threatens to burst. For those who already doubt supposed truths, this book is revelation. Then Lucifer 
will have risen. Now is the time for doubt! The bubble of falsehood is bursting and its sound is the roar of the world! 
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 5:33 pm

i feel like i like that but that was a pretty dense text and will require further analysis i think.

GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
as a symbol of enlightenment, freedom and self-worship.
One of the many things Ayn Rand has crammed into my brain through Atlas Shrugged & The Fountainhead

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Deism is probably the most sound version of Christianity, but you're a heretic. I think it was Einstein that believed in God a like the force that created time and universal expansion. Do I have that right?
That's about the idea. I believe there probably is a force out there that created matter and such or may have been the trigger to the Big Bang. If there is some god out there, I don't believe he watches over Earth and grants wishes. Humans are still a random occurrence, evolution exists, the laws of time, space, and nature still dictate everything in the universe. Only I believe there was a trigger.

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Yeah, but I'm more passionate about it now. I'm sincerely thinking about slaughtering a goat in His name. Participate? Might be fun.
This is where I sever my stance in complete agreeance with you. To slaughter a goat seems as bothersome as going to church for me. Only worse because I will have goat blood on my trousers. And I'll have to find a goat. I'm not a huge fan of the satanist culture as well. I love a lot of the music where he is a dominant force, but I draw the line when people start burning churches (not because it is a church, but because it is just destruction of property and giving them more ammunition against people like us) doing some act of worship, whether it be for the prince of darkness or the ideals he represents. It seems like too much work for my lazy ass. And the whole idea of worshiping Satan still sends shivers down my spine. Perhaps I'm not entirely desensitized of my uber-christian beliefs. It's the same as when I hear a Republican's name receive bad press and a Democrat receiving praise. I feel this uncomfortable feeling when I read it, a small remnant of when I blindly followed something. But that doesn't detract from my true feelings about the topic.

Last edited by ThatNaggerGuy on Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 7:21 pm

I don't understand man. Satan is apart of Christianity. How can you be an atheist but believe in the devil? Its like saying that you know Star Wars is just a movie but you want to pay tributes to Darth Vadar.

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 22, 2012 10:49 pm

[quote="ThatNaggerGuy"]
Gravy Gulper wrote:

This is where I sever my stance in complete agreeance with you. To slaughter a goat seems as bothersome as going to church for me. Only worse because I will have goat blood on my trousers. And I'll have to find a goat. I'm not a huge fan of the satanist culture as well. I love a lot of the music where he is a dominant force, but I draw the line when people start burning churches (not because it is a church, but because it is just destruction of property and giving them more ammunition against people like us)
That's okay I'll kill the goat. You can help with the latin chants Smile.

As for Church Burning - that wasn't really about Satanism. That was about the Pagans taking back their culture. The Norwegians that started that did so because they were upset over what Christianity did to them. Their culture was destroyed by the missionaries. They have no relics, no buildings for reminders. They only had a bunch of ancient churches for landmarks. So some of the original Norwegian black metal guys burnt one down - for destroying their heritage.

Byd - Satan predates the Christian mythos. He was worshiped before Christ. There were/are Satanists in Africa dating so far back. It's part of the reason those Anglo-Christian fools called them savages. LaVey was living in the 60s, so people were all proper back then. LaVey could've called his religion Enlightened Humanism or something. But instead, he simply decided to flip the coin and literally play Devil's advocate. If you're still frustrated over the whole "worshiping the antagonist of the religion you're disillusioned with" thing, you should probably hear it from the man, himself. This is the pdf of the Satanic Bible. Anton explains everything.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 12:17 am

why cant everyone just get along?

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 12:55 am

Fair enough- but I just find that Satanism- worshiping an evil guy is mixing what you think is fun with religion. I don't think that any kind of greater being exists. But if I did I wouldn't think it would be good or evil- certainly not a devil

LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 1:55 am

satan is viewed as evil in the christian faith, i think what gravy gulper is trying to say is that satan is not viewed as evil in his eye, and isnt really viewed as anything at all because hes more of a symbol than an actual entity

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 4:28 am

Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 12:44 pm

lol

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10725
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 pm

I am an agnostic atheist. Not a fan of any religion really as it forces you to follow a specific dogma and questioning/skepticism of that dogma is usually frowned upon by many religions. Satanism falls under the same banner as the rest of all religions because not only is the dogma kinda silly in some respects, but the mere fact that magic is involved in the religion makes it as bad as any other organized religion.

As far as the Jesus mythos is concerned, I am not 100% sure of the existence of the historical Jesus but I think there probably was one. The collection behind his deeds and his persona though are more than likely made-up and are clearly borrowed from sun gods of other ancient religions of that time-period and location.

I was raised Catholic but I became a non-believer sometime between the ages of 13-14. My reasons for that were mere logical problems with the religion and how it defines its god (or at least the definitions given the way I was taught and the common interpretations of it) and personal qualms with the religious dogma.

Morally speaking I am a Humean relativist, that is morality is no more than what one feels or desires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 7:40 pm

i really like what you said tax. we differ on one thing though...magic... magic is awesome

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 7:46 pm

LOR wrote:
i really like what you said tax. we differ on one thing though...magic... magic is awesome

Magic is cool when performed by magicians, but if you believe in a religion that actually practices magic like hexes and spells, then I do not take you seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Thats all cool with me accept that Satanism's based on doubt. At least LaVeyan is. Doubt is the only way to find truth. Like sand through a sieve, your doubts are the only way.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Then one has to doubt that they can find truth. Skepticism 101.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Thu May 24, 2012 12:51 am

Taxer666 wrote:
LOR wrote:

Magic is cool when performed by magicians, but if you believe in a religion that actually practices magic like hexes and spells, then I do not take you seriously.

while im mostly an agnostic atheist as well. but i really like magic and think its cool. paganism man. shit's neat.

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Thu May 24, 2012 2:08 am

You like medieval sounding things. You don't (shouldn't) create religion and beliefs based on whats cool. Logic and what makes sense

LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 pm

i didnt, i said i was an agnostic atheist. haha. BUT, i will argue for the point of coolness. there almost is no basis for the creation of religion except an arbitrary judgement based off what a person believes to be correct. coolness works

also logic can never be part of religion just based off what it inherently is. If everyone was logical about how they approached religion, everyone would be an agnostic atheist- fact.

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Thu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm

No religion? Everyone uses logic? Where do I sign

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Everyone uses logic but they aren't usually aware of it. They also commit a lot of logical fallacies though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15993
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sun May 27, 2012 8:40 am

I'm kinda my own thing, but I guess I'd be considered a Christian. Definitely not orthodox though. I thoroughly disagree with how a lot of religious people impress their views on others, for me it's a very personal thing. It's a belief I have and it's a code I live by, not something everyone has to live by. Sure, Christianity wants it's followers to teach, but I don't believe in teaching where it isn't wanted. If someone wanted my input as far as religion goes, I'll give it, but I won't hold anyone to the standards I live by.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 2958
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 29, 2012 6:27 pm

LOR wrote:

THIS! cheers

I was raised Christian but the lack of respect i had/got as a child encouraged me to explore philosophies (or religion) so to speak & i have found that every single religion has it's flaws. Either people don't follow what their religion says to or they just don't understand it.

Quote :
"Religion is flawed because man is flawed" ~ Fear Factory

I believe there is a higher power out there, but without scientific proof to back it up it's only a belief. I don't believe in satanism or the culture, even though i happen to enjoy bands like Deicide (only for the noise). People are free to choose what belief structure they want, but with spiritual wars it won't get us anywhere in life. I agree,

LOR wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue May 29, 2012 7:29 pm

off topic, i see that insomnium is on your signature, they coming with epica and alestorm soon methinks... gonna go try to see that show. interesting line up for sure

link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10392
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Asatru in belief and faith, but I'm not exactly anything, I guess agnostic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

whats asatru?

spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:47 am

LOR wrote:
off topic, i see that insomnium is on your signature, they coming with epica and alestorm soon methinks... gonna go try to see that show. interesting line up for sure

Wish i had money for that.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:38 pm

same here haha. i have a couple months to get it together though. though i also wanna see swallow the sun open for accept and kreator. many shows i wish i had the cash for right now. and then kamelot and nightwish in the fall

spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:56 pm

lol im starting to think that i won't get to see my favorite bands live before i die. I wanna see Whispered, Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Opeth, and well several others i can't think of at the top of my head.. i've only seen Spineshank & Fear Factory (with some others too)
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 am

i recently just found out stolen babies, katatonia and devin townshend are touring together soon....fucking shit i have to go. really wanna see stolen babies

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:49 am

LOR wrote:
bla-bla-bla katatonia bla-bla
Shocked I friggen love katatonia. you have to go for both of us.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:56 pm

ill try. there is many shows i really wanna see now. and i have no money haha

spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:49 pm

I don't even have money to top up my phone. Things are pretty much out of control in my life. Sad
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10614
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:39 am

satan is overrated....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:42 am

lol

link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10392
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:48 am

LOR wrote:
whats asatru?

Pagan. But to each his own. Let us all keep our beliefs equal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:07 am

thats cool, im gonna look that up. im fascinated with paganism

Abethedemon
God of all Toasters

Number of posts : 170
Hedonistic Glory : 2102
Joined In : 2012-06-30

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 am

I worship Cthulhu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Verbatim
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 35
Hedonistic Glory : 1902
Joined In : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:00 am

Wow long thread. I didn't read it all, but I'll point out that Einstein believed in "Spinoza's God" which is like saying nature = God. And that's the way I see it. Satanism just isn't for me, but I'm fine with pretty much any religious beliefs.

waterwind.com/spinoza.
html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VintageTorrie
Top Lad

Number of posts : 185
Hedonistic Glory : 2097
Joined In : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 am

Athiest here. I don't see how people can believe that a magic man that lives on a cloud made the entire universe. It doesn't explain how he was 'made'. I hate seeing thousands die every day because they refuse to believe in each others' miracle-maker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk/
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:40 pm

I never used to have much of an opinion on religion and whatnot, but after learning a lot more about the way it works and everything, I now I think I consider myself agnostic atheist. I don't believe in God myself, but I'm not entirely dismissive of a similar idea. I do also tend to defend religion a lot though. I think a lot of people are quick to attack the concept of a higher being and all the tales of miracles etc in the Bible when really, I don't think that's intended to be the important part of religion. Ignoring whether or not you believe the Bible to be completely true, which I most certainly don't, the teachings behind Christianity are actually mostly very positive. I think people get caught up too much arguing about creation when the moral message is what's important. I don't think the Bible stories are meant to be taken literally, but are instead stories with a moral message to guide people on a path to a good life. When you look at it that way, there's far less to criticise.

That's not to say there aren't shitty examples of religion (Westboro Baptist Church etc), but I don't think that's a fault of the religion itself, more just people being ignorant shits, which is something they're gonna do, religious or no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 pm

There's some good in Christianity, but there is a whole lot of bad in it too. Combine that with people not following the good and emphasizing the bad coupled with their own individual biases and bigotry, you got yourself one nasty concoction of stank on your hands.

I am not dismissive of some sort of higher being or force in general, but I do find myself to be dismissive of particular claims and beliefs. For instance, I will be open to the ideas presented forth by deists so long as they provide sufficient valid arguments. I am, however, dismissive of the Abrahamic god, that is the god of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, along with pretty much any god as portrayed by popular religions.

I am not a fan of Spinoza's God based merely on the fact that it defines god as the system when god is traditionally meant to be something outside of the system that has a direct influence on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 pm

im pretty much with dark on this. its not that religion is inherently crappy (though...there are some definitie stupid and crappy passages in the bible and stuff) but its mostly just the people. i dont care what people believe in as long as they leave me the fuck alone

Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 am

That's what I'm getting at. The morality system of religion is mostly positive, it's just when people nitpick at little passages that say "X thing is wrong" and emphasise that far over the good things, that's when you get crappy WBC type people.

As for the concept of a God, I don't dismiss or accept that. I'm with Taxer in that I'm not dismissive of the possibility of some form of higher power (I mean it's hard to when you think about the universe and wonder how it all actually began) but I'm not a believer of the Abrahamic God, ie the Christian God. I can believe the concept, but not the specifics of what Christians say about God.

However, like I said, the creation argument isn't what I think is important to religion. I think the morality and values set by their teachings hold a lot more significance. It's still not perfect, there are still errors and contradictions in the Bible, but it's an overall positive message.

Also I don't believe that the world would be a much better place without religion. People are generally shit no matter what religion they follow, if any, so without religion I'm pretty sure they'd be able to find a million other things to start wars over. It's not a cheery analysis, but true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:02 am

im not so sure, i feel like religion, at least this point in humanities existence can cause more than harm than good. originally, im pretty sure religion was used just to control people and make sure they didnt do stupid crap. we've developed enough at this point to know whats wrong and right on our own i think. religion causes unecessary disputes and stalls progress

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm a Satanist   

Back to top Go down

So I'm a Satanist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next