Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 3019
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

This is something that has been buzzing around my mind for quite some time & it seems like every time i bring something like this up (not in here, this is the first time i'm mentioning this) it gets pushed down. It almost seems like people around me don't really care about about the planet & most people choose to do nothing to try to help themselves and the economy.

I just started a fb page a while back http://www.facebook.com/TotalGlobalReconstructionProject

and while there's just no way to reconstruct a whole world let alone try to put a Utopian idea out there, because people are scared of change and not to mention there's just too much at stake.

Like i said i have a few ideas and some of them are money making ideas (which i won't mention on here) but there's some things that people can already do but they won't. Instead of going out to buy fruits and vegetables build yourself a hydroponics farm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

Other ideas like stop buying stuff you don't need and start using money towards a better lifestyle.

I'd go a little more into it but right now my mind is pretty much shot right now from all the stress yesterday i had to deal with at work but the idea that i have right now is to start getting a few people together to work on ideas on how we could come up with better ways of living. And im not talking about changing the entire world, that's going to take too much work to do & the best way to start is with a small neighborhood & work our way up. And even if certain things won't work other things could. The whole point is to get the mindset going that a community can change to create a better lifestyle, that is still modern, and yet we don't need to buy everything we want or we could be buying what we want & we don't need money to spend on things we require to live or survive.

Hopefully this made much sense & it's probably a bit vague, but again my mind went on vacation so lol, But im tired of working for nothing other then just surviving. It's pretty much the same as being dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm not big on utopian ideals, (cuz i hate everyone) but that article on hydroponics was really cool. On the subject of lifestyle changes, I decided to go semi-tarian when I get a job. I'll eat only vegetables and skim milk as a regular diet because home-cooked meals are awful anyway. But when i go out or there's an above average meal, I'll eat like a pig.
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11173
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 pm

little confused on the goal and the plan (shutup gravy, this i actually legitimate confusion)

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 pm

lol well the long term goal is to reduce the necessity of money. According to various research i have done it's possible to create a sustainable environment without the use of money. There are a few things to consider as well, you have to pay for land most likely taxes and whatever bull.. but for the most part we wouldn't need to work to feed ourselves, we'd automatically have that function homes (or that's what i'd like to do).

The major problem that needs to be solved in this world is to eliminate the selfish nature which won't happen unless something happens, like a global collapse or if people start talking about doing things that are going to help everyone in the end.

I'm not trying to approach this as a Utopian way of living either. Bringing new ideas to the table is what is needed. I hate people too, but mostly because they're selfish, greedy or just mindless machines. The current goal is to get others on board to create sort of a group that is willing to share & exchange ideas on what we could do to improve the lifestyle.

The only problem is some people might get an idea to start a business off some of these ideas (which is why i can't get very much into detail in what i want to do). But one of the main things that i'd like to stress is that.. yeah you might get rich off of that idea but for how long? Rather then people trying to 'save themselves' they should be looking out for others instead. It's too soon for a utopian society because clearly many are not ready for it & even if there was a 'perfect solution' to one it still wouldn't work because there would just be too many problems & many new ones could arise. And im not saying let's start a non profit organization either.

Basically i just need the right kind of people to be able to get this project going which most likely will start off by promoting the use of hydroponics or start marketing it and using the money to continue to reconstruct 1 home at a time. But even if someone stole my idea of putting hydroponics in peoples homes at least it's being done. I don't care about money or fame or w/e all i'd really like to see is people using our technology more efficiently and benefits everyone in the long run Unless some stupid corporation gets a hold of the idea & they start charging ridiculous prices, which has been proven.

I don't have all the ideas or plans on how to make this planet much more pleasant so thats why others need to get on board to at least think about it & eventually someone will come up with an idea. Sort of a problem solver organization that comes up with new ideas on how life could be more pleasant. It's kind of like someone buying a computer for the first time. They don't know how it works or anything but once they get the hang of it they may or may not learn how to figure out the problems, that person may even just take it apart for the fun of it & figure out.. "Well this is what's wrong with it, not enough RAM", although nowadays you can figure that out with the windows experience index.. but there are some people who may have a solution to the worlds problem and figure out all the rough spots, but they're not aware cuz of the amount of suppression.

I doubt i or anyone else could suddenly eliminate greed or restore the planet but if more people are aware of the issues & start fighting against it in a non violent way then eventually greed will start to phase out.
Back to top Go down
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:09 pm

I just came across this video http://truththeory.com/2012/06/01/bilderberg-2012-power-elites-plot-in-secrecy/

Death to the global elite!

Hahaha nope but they know we're onto them.. lol trying to stop us with SOPA & PIPA.

One of my goals is to find out what these people are trying to do, personally i think they wanna ruin our country.. which they already have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:19 am

have you heard of the Venus Project?
Back to top Go down
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes i have, there's actually a vid on it on my page.

I think it's a great alternative to what we have now, but since the idea is Utopian i doubt many people would go for it. Honestly though a Utopian society imo isn't a bad idea. I think it might be mostly due to the fear that people will lose what they already have.

Fancy cars or their own personal computers or maybe that we're afraid it might not work out as planned & we would have been better off with the way things are now.

I honestly don't know, but i sure for hell don't feel protected in the way things are now. I don't know if one day my job will go bankrupt or one day i might just get let go or the fact that i may wake up one day not living under a roof. People say you should live your life as if it was your last but you can't if your in constant fear that the world is going to collapse or there will be another war.

I wrote this on my facebook
Quote :
The economy is screwed. I don't care if 100 people found new jobs, there are others who are still struggling to make ends meet, people still starving and companies are going bankrupt. Yet we shrug it off because we're still fine. But we're not fine, the system has failed. There is no hope left. Until we rid ourselves with war, crime, poverty & greed the world has already ended, we're just feeding ourselves with what scrape of life we have left.

Which is true, just because people are hearing or getting new jobs doesn't mean the problem is solved, the world is already finished. It's just up to us to figure out how to fix it and instead of 'throwing more money' into the economy we really should start looking at how we're living our lives & what kinds of things we could do to improve it. So for the most part i just want people to start thinking about rebuilding. Instead of using fossil fuels, we could be using renewable resources. Just because renewable resources might be a problem to start off with, it's really something we should be looking at so we could improve on it. Instead of focusing on or holding on to what works.
Back to top Go down
spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm

So i haven't really gotten much feedback on this or whether any one is curious or interested in doing some kind of project.

For starters i do realize that it is hard to find common ground with everyone, that's why i'd like to start from the ground up. There is a facebook group that some people are saving money up to try a hybrid rbe town which is one way to go.

It is really tough to do though if people don't have the money to make something like that happen. I don't have exceptional knowledge on how 'everything' works but i do know how computers work, i know a little about farming & i certainly know that we can do far better with what we have.

I also know that people with various talents could benefit an organization like the one i am attempting to get others to understand that would be far better & worth doing then expecting or always assuming that food, clothes & a home will always exist if you have money. My project will still include selling items that we can sell to people like clothing or a restraunt. I think instead of sales being our pitch, it'll be for the people. If people choose to buy stuff in the environment i plan on building it will be in plain sight what will the money be used for.

And while i have not well organized my plan yet, i am just throwing this out there towards anyone who is looking for a change & there will be no involvement until there is a workable plan. While others might be trying for the same idea, the whole point is it only takes a group of 50-100 people to make this happen. We have plenty of people out there who are probably wanting change Smile Anyways it is difficult when people really are not talking about change or about the future of things & this topic is just about what would you like changed or what can you do to change things. Any ideas are not really bad ones, most of them just needs work.

I do not trust our leaders to get the things done, but i do trust that the people have the power to make a positive change. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.   

Back to top Go down

Eliminating greed and restoring the planet.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1