Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Appalachian Trail: round 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11228
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Appalachian Trail: round 2   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:35 pm

This was my group of friends' second go at the AT (i've been on it a couple of times before in new york though). Last year we did terrible. Packed 80 pound packs and started at a like a vertical incline- not the best start. couldn't get anywhere near our goal and ended up stopping early. This year....we killed it in comparison. granted, we stopped short of our goal but that was more because of a ride issue than an inability to do it. got our packs down to around 35 (much better) had an awesome time, averaged about 10 miles a day (which is pretty fucking good for newbies- seasoned thru hikers can manage upwards of 22- mindblowing right now). Some friends got wicked blisters. Met some awesome fucking people. got poison ivy on my ear. got poison ivy on my face. got poison ivy on my balls....got poison ivy on my balls....

got poison ivy on balls....

No

slept with a friend in a tent meant to comfortably fit a fat hobbit...and i'm 6'1''

almost had a run in with a bear (Actually sad he rushed off). a hiker in front of us came walking back to wait until the bear left, and once we got there he was gone.

and got poison ivy on my balls

worth it though. some of the views were just breathtaking and had a great time with friends. ate a fuck ton once we hit town....candy shop sold chocolate covered bacon....it didn't suck.... seriously thinking about doing the whole trail after college. i recommend trying it sometime as well if hiking is your type of thing. spree is like crack...i fucking love spree (bring spree if you do it)

fuck im itchy

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian Trail: round 2   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:11 am

+ rep for Poison Ivy on yo balls. that villain is SO hot affraid and fiercely independent. enjoyed reading of your woes. you got some funiness in ya.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16109
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian Trail: round 2   Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:23 am

That's awesome man! Did you get any pics on the trip? I'd love to do it someday, I have at least one friend who'd do it with me. How many days were you out there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 3074
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian Trail: round 2   Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm

lolz..

now i know it 'could' happen. Wonder if what Gibbs said would work.

I love hiking though, except i wouldn't do it around poison ivy. Although i've never encountered a problem with them yet, i just stay far away from them lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
LOR

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11228
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian Trail: round 2   Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 pm

yeah...going to the doctor....its all over my face... seriously, my dick is pretty scary right now... o man...vinegar and baking soday though...might try that

@axe
our goal was 5 days and 55 miles, but becuase of our ride situation we went 4 days thirty something miles. ended up in a town. my friend made video logs for the whole trip. honestly im really happy now we left early. this ivy crap would have killed me.

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian Trail: round 2   

Back to top Go down

Appalachian Trail: round 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1