Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Post your gear

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Post your gear   Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm

HEY BLOODBEAST!!!!!!!

nice things! i like the guitar, and good amp.

dont really know anything about drums, though ive been picking my drummers' brain's lately. cant comment on that, though im jealous cuz hitting things is fun. i wish i had even a shitty one to beat up

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm

LOR wrote:
HEY BLOODBEAST!!!!!!!

nice things! i like the guitar, and good amp.

dont really know anything about drums, though ive been picking my drummers' brain's lately. cant comment on that, though im jealous cuz hitting things is fun. i wish i had even a shitty one to beat up
I'm an ESP fanboy, love their guitars. The Peavey took me an extremely long time to decide on, it's a tube amp which is a huge step up from my Line 6 Spider III (I shudder still thinking about it). Sadly though, I've been neglecting my guitar playing over the months.

Drumming has taken up most of my time. My kit is nothing special, it's a hosh-posh of pieces I've found, some new, some old, but I love playing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. But if you're interested, start off with a three piece (hi-hats, snare, bass) you can learn a shit ton of stuff with just these three things.

Now, you post, cause I remember you having an absolutely beautiful guitar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 pm

ill post a pic when i get my gear in one place, its all over the house right now. also need to find a camera, haha thats a bit of an issue. could probably use the guy on my laptop, dont know how to make that work though. i love playing drums, i get in my goofing off in at band practice where i just steal the throne when we take a break or something. i love our drummers kit. sounds fantastic i think. i also love the look of esp, cant really afford it though. i bought an ltd off someone years ago (mistake it turned out- needed 200 worth of work to get playing properly again... could have just bought a new one from what it costed all together- facepalm ) esps are freaking sexy though. i dont think ive ever played a real one though. jelly

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 am

LOR wrote:
ill post a pic when i get my gear in one place, its all over the house right now. also need to find a camera, haha thats a bit of an issue. could probably use the guy on my laptop, dont know how to make that work though. i love playing drums, i get in my goofing off in at band practice where i just steal the throne when we take a break or something. i love our drummers kit. sounds fantastic i think. i also love the look of esp, cant really afford it though. i bought an ltd off someone years ago (mistake it turned out- needed 200 worth of work to get playing properly again... could have just bought a new one from what it costed all together- facepalm ) esps are freaking sexy though. i dont think ive ever played a real one though. jelly
I have an LTD also. Link said he knew how to put pickups in, and I trusted him, big mistake. Long story short, he ended up frying all the electronics, and nothing was set up correctly. It costed me more to get it fixed then I paid for pickups, and it was almost as much as the guitar was worth.

The real ESPs put the LTD series to shame. I absolutely hate my LTD, well certain parts that ruined the guitar as a whole, but there is absolutely nothing I do not love about the ESP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:36 pm

yeah, im never letting anybody but techs or luthiers touch my shit now. also not buying used. its a bitch though, because i go on craigslist all the time and theres always super tempting stuff haha

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Guess LOR and I are the only musicians here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 pm

i dont think people aren't aware of new threads nowadays. ive made like 10 new threads past couple weeks and no one has commented. its fucking dumb. haha.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I feel too lazy to post pictures of my gear.

Ibanez RGX something or whatever
Line 6 Spider 3 (looooooool)
Boss HM-2

Once I get some real money I'm going to work on getting me a real amp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Gonna get a stack? Brand you like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:23 pm

ENGL GET ENGL. If i had the cash, i splurge for one. also, look how sexy they are


also, check these guys out too, these amps sound killer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRLNykR2l-4&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upkGWTuUd10



these are my dream heads. i probably wont even be able to think about getting one until like 5 years from now. fucking cool though

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith
avatar

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10785
Reputation : 139
Joined In : 2009-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Riffsland

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 pm

My mistake, it's a Spider II, even more lulzy than the III

And yeah, I'll probably get a half stack, either a 5150 or JCM 800. Maybe a Mark IV if I can get the monies or even a Sunn if I feel like going balls to the wall with sound stage and presence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:29 am

What's with people having these shitty line 6 amps? Anyway, here's what I have

Dean Vendetta
Fender blahblahsomethingorother acoustic
Line 6 Spyder III piece of shit


Whenever I start having a decent source of income, I'm planning on getting a whole new set of gear. Although, that Dean is a fantastic guitar. Especially for the price. I've played guitars that cost 3-4 times more than it did and it sounds and plays as good or better than almost all of them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:23 pm

yeah i feel that guitars that start to go above a thousand five hundred or so, is mostly for the aesthetics or brand name. in terms or playability and sound, nothing wrong with a properly set-up 400 dollar guitar i think. pickups may be meh though. i dont understand how a guitar can be 20,000 unless it was carved by the gods or something, or is covered in gold.

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Axe wrote:
What's with people having these shitty line 6 amps?
Price
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:43 pm

LOR wrote:
yeah i feel that guitars that start to go above a thousand five hundred or so, is mostly for the aesthetics or brand name. in terms or playability and sound, nothing wrong with a properly set-up 400 dollar guitar i think. pickups may be meh though. i dont understand how a guitar can be 20,000 unless it was carved by the gods or something, or is covered in gold.
My LTD was like a $250 guitar and my ESP was like $600, and I can feel just how much better it is. The mood is much better quality, which is a big factor in sound, I'm pretty sure the LTD is just basswood with a quilted maple top, while the ESP is mahogany with a quilted maple top. The LTD came with stock pickups, the ESP came with EMGs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11388
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
Peavey Vyper 15 Watt amp
Jim Deacon acoustic (I don't know exactly what to be honest it was the first guitar I bought)

Pretty good set up. The Explorer is absolutely devine for any kind of metal sound. I've been thinking about investing in a PRS SE Singlecut, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
Peavey Vyper 15 Watt amp
Jim Deacon acoustic (I don't know exactly what to be honest it was the first guitar I bought)

Pretty good set up. The Explorer is absolutely devine for any kind of metal sound. I've been thinking about investing in a PRS SE Singlecut, but I'm not sure.
Do you pull with equipment like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child
avatar

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11388
Reputation : 49
Joined In : 2009-10-26
Age : 23
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:11 pm

I genuinely just fell out my chair laughing. How do you even remember that, it's like a 2 year old joke hahahahahaha.

Well done, sir. Well done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster
avatar

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4849
Reputation : 34
Joined In : 2009-08-26
Age : 24
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Darkflame wrote:
I genuinely just fell out my chair laughing. How do you even remember that, it's like a 2 year old joke hahahahahaha.

Well done, sir. Well done.
I wrote that joke 2 years ago, and have been waiting to cash it in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff
avatar

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11172
Reputation : 77
Joined In : 2010-05-01
Age : 25
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Bloodbeast wrote:
Darkflame wrote:
Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
Peavey Vyper 15 Watt amp
Jim Deacon acoustic (I don't know exactly what to be honest it was the first guitar I bought)

Pretty good set up. The Explorer is absolutely devine for any kind of metal sound. I've been thinking about investing in a PRS SE Singlecut, but I'm not sure.
Do you pull with equipment like that?

REP BRING THAT SHIT BACK

_________________
my bands- Lör
Top Hats and Effigies
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Post your gear   

Back to top Go down
 
Post your gear
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Wanted: Post war (1950s) items
» Putting an image in your post
» Why it's NOT a crime to post an offensive message on Twitter: DPP backs free speech and clears Tom Daley 'troll'
» How to post a YouTube Video correctly
» Irvin jacket and RCAF flight gear wanted

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: