Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Lets just start random, yet serious debates. First issue on the table: college. Is it worth going?
Second, LOR. Will his projects take off. Last I heard he was opening for Royal Thunder. Incredible. Then again, he is jewish. Or something.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25235
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Definitely college/university is worth taking. If I ever get the responsibility there is no way I'd hire someone with just a high school education. I don't care if they have more relevant job experience it sends a bad signal

LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11057
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm

for what im doing, i think college is borderline useless, at least on the education level. as a motivator it was great as it got my ass into gear with recording and whatnot, and a few classes were definitely useful, but you learn more from experience i feel. Most classes im taking, i have either taken in high school, or will never retain. Some classes dont even teach stuff and depend on you to learn everything independently- which begs the questions "why the fuck am i paying to go to class?" . at that rate, i feel people should just buy themselves the textbooks and then pay to take a test or something to get their degree and skip the huge waste of time that is most of college.

the again...this is finals week...and i could be more bitter than usual

and im not jewish haha, my mom is jewish, and my dad's christian. so im half jewish... if that counts as a genetic thing. that show is this sunday, cant wait. after that we go to the poconos to start recording our full-length. hopefully it wont suck

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10670
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:55 pm

That's a rather difficult question. It depends on what you mean by use. If you define use here to mean something which will give you the proper qualifications and experience for a job, then no. At that point you would be better off going to some vocational school, taking up an apprenticeship, or gathering general work experience.

However, if you take the position that education and knowledge in general is good for its own sake, and that sufficiently makes it useful, then going to university is a worthwhile endeavor.

And LOR, you are Jewish because your mother is Jewish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Lor is definitely the jew of the forum

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
That's a rather difficult question. It depends on what you mean by use. If you define use here to mean something which will give you the proper qualifications and experience for a job, then no. At that point you would be better off going to some vocational school, taking up an apprenticeship, or gathering general work experience.

However, if you take the position that education and knowledge in general is good for its own sake, and that sufficiently makes it useful, then going to university is a worthwhile endeavor.

And LOR, you are Jewish because your mother is Jewish.

o yeah, forgot that dumb rule...its dumb not having a choice. and yeah apprenticeship, and work experience/interning i think is the way to go these days if your looking for a job

breakyoudown wrote:
Lor is definitely the jew of the forum
happy chanukah you heathens!

spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 2903
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:59 am

Not bad, guys. I thought this would crash and burn. Personally, I think college is kind of a scam, but Im too lazy to defend that statement, so I guess that speaks volumes about my academic integrity.

In addition, I stand behind Taxer and BYD on the issue of LOR's Jewishism. Like any other malignant rait, its the dominant feature, genetically. In the same way as negroism. (hehe rascistness)

Next, we'll discuss: people animals that don't look like they're from Planet Earth. I nominate the platypus.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 am

He's Jewish because in Jewish culture all you need a Jewish birthmother. Doesn't matter if you de-convert or convert to something else, you're still Jewish to other Jewish people.

Gravy Gulper's topic sucks so I'll pose a new one instead.

Hate speech, should it be protected? Moreover, should freedom of speech always be protected?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:24 am

Love the Jewbashing - I'll be chuckling about that broodmother thing all day.

As for the topic change, uhh thanks babe.

Hate speech is the best kind of speech, even though it sounds retarded sometimes. It pushes people to examine themselves and either develop pride or perish in weakness. Complete free speech except for death threats.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:29 pm

You guys have it all wrong. We need to address the issue of LOR thinking he's the master race just because he's jewish. Its getting out of hand. The bragging has to stop

Hate speech is freedom. We should enforce freedom to the maximum. We should be entitled to literally everything. Laws wreck freedom

Alright next topic

Foxes. Missing link between dogs and cats. I know you've all been searching for this, well time to fucking stop because I found it

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 pm

LOR - your species is disgusting so I made this diagram for you. This is the common Jew. The Jew relies mostly on it's highly attuned nose to find money. Money is the Jew's primary food source. Like many other cave-dwelling mammals, they have beady, little eyes that have atrophied because the Jew mostly relies on smell. However, a Jew's eyes will dilate upon picking up the scent of a $20 bill or higher.

Jew's have a piglike facial structure and skin integrity to reflect their sinfully greedy nature. They also have curled tails (not shown in diagram). Their skulls are cro-magnan because Jews are primitive beasts. Foreheads are often marked with stress lines from worrying about money. Lastly, their "Jew Fro" lies atop the crest. This is their primary mating organ. Jews do not mate like mammals, so much as worms. The ritual consists of a rubbing of the "Fro's" in order to directly exchange genetic material. That's why they wear yamakas; they're covering their sex parts. Probably the only decent act a jew is capable of committing.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Here's my view on hate speech. I don't think anything productive or critical comes about from specific instances of hate speech, that is no one benefits from someone calling a black person the N-word. It may give you insight into the psyche of the offender, sure but it doesn't really contribute anything to the collective whole.

I believe in freedom of speech. However, I believe in it because I think it is the best compromise between arbitrary censorship and what I will call good speech. By good speech I mean speech that is critical, beneficial, and overall good. Examples of good speech would be deliberation, constructive criticism, skepticism, logical reasoning, and so forth. I am pretty sure that everyone here can understand why yelling fire in a crowded theater is a bad thing. This is an instance where freedom of speech is not conductive and harmful.

Arbitrary censorship is bad because it is arbitrary, not because it is censorship. I believe that if we were able to, in all cases, recognize good speech, then censorship would be a good. All ideas that are conductive of good speech are present, but ideas that serve no purpose other than to create harm would be censored. However, I know that this is highly impractical, and for all intents and purposes, unfeasible. Thus the best compromise is to allow all speech because arbitrary censorship could be used to censor good speech.

While I do believe in freedom of speech, I do not support it in all cases and would ultimately prefer only good speech. Now I have a question for all of you that support freedom of speech in all cases. Suppose that there is a rather swaying demogauge that if allowed the permission to speak his thoughts and ideas freely, would ultimate lead to him taking control and eliminating the freedom of speech for all others. Should he be given freedom of speech even if it means the demise of it, or should he be censored, therefore abandoning the idea of irrevocable freedom of speech?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Not bad, guys. I thought this would crash and burn. Personally, I think college is kind of a scam, but Im too lazy to defend that statement, so I guess that speaks volumes about my academic integrity.

In addition, I stand behind Taxer and BYD on the issue of LOR's Jewishism. Like any other malignant rait, its the dominant feature, genetically. In the same way as negroism. (hehe rascistness)

Next, we'll discuss: people animals that don't look like they're from Planet Earth. I nominate the platypus.

this guy

Taxer666 wrote:
He's Jewish because in Jewish culture all you need a Jewish birthmother. Doesn't matter if you de-convert or convert to something else, you're still Jewish to other Jewish people.

Gravy Gulper's topic sucks so I'll pose a new one instead.

Hate speech, should it be protected? Moreover, should freedom of speech always be protected?
my jewish friends dont call me jewish, but im aware of that rule... i dislike this rule

breakyoudown wrote:
You guys have it all wrong. We need to address the issue of LOR thinking he's the master race just because he's jewish. Its getting out of hand. The bragging has to stop

Hate speech is freedom. We should enforce freedom to the maximum. We should be entitled to literally everything. Laws wreck freedom

Alright next topic

Foxes. Missing link between dogs and cats. I know you've all been searching for this, well time to fucking stop because I found it

foxes dont remind me of cats...but they are cute as fucking hell.

Gravy Gulper wrote:

LOR - your species is disgusting so I made this diagram for you. This is the common Jew. The Jew relies mostly on it's highly attuned nose to find money. Money is the Jew's primary food source. Like many other cave-dwelling mammals, they have beady, little eyes that have atrophied because the Jew mostly relies on smell. However, a Jew's eyes will dilate upon picking up the scent of a $20 bill or higher.

Jew's have a piglike facial structure and skin integrity to reflect their sinfully greedy nature. They also have curled tails (not shown in diagram). Their skulls are cro-magnan because Jews are primitive beasts. Foreheads are often marked with stress lines from worrying about money. Lastly, their "Jew Fro" lies atop the crest. This is their primary mating organ. Jews do not mate like mammals, so much as worms. The ritual consists of a rubbing of the "Fro's" in order to directly exchange genetic material. That's why they wear yamakas; they're covering their sex parts. Probably the only decent act a jew is capable of committing.

where did you find my senior photo?

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Here's my view on hate speech. I don't think anything productive or critical comes about from specific instances of hate speech, that is no one benefits from someone calling a black person the N-word. It may give you insight into the psyche of the offender, sure but it doesn't really contribute anything to the collective whole.

I believe in freedom of speech. However, I believe in it because I think it is the best compromise between arbitrary censorship and what I will call good speech. By good speech I mean speech that is critical, beneficial, and overall good. Examples of good speech would be deliberation, constructive criticism, skepticism, logical reasoning, and so forth. I am pretty sure that everyone here can understand why yelling fire in a crowded theater is a bad thing. This is an instance where freedom of speech is not conductive and harmful.

Arbitrary censorship is bad because it is arbitrary, not because it is censorship. I believe that if we were able to, in all cases, recognize good speech, then censorship would be a good. All ideas that are conductive of good speech are present, but ideas that serve no purpose other than to create harm would be censored. However, I know that this is highly impractical, and for all intents and purposes, unfeasible. Thus the best compromise is to allow all speech because arbitrary censorship could be used to censor good speech.

While I do believe in freedom of speech, I do not support it in all cases and would ultimately prefer only good speech. Now I have a question for all of you that support freedom of speech in all cases. Suppose that there is a rather swaying demogauge that if allowed the permission to speak his thoughts and ideas freely, would ultimate lead to him taking control and eliminating the freedom of speech for all others. Should he be given freedom of speech even if it means the demise of it, or should he be censored, therefore abandoning the idea of irrevocable freedom of speech?

i actually think freedom speech is good almost all the time because i think it can be beneficial. Even its someone insulting someone or yelling fire, society as a whole still learns from the experience even its only "lets not fucking listen to this douche anymore". i think that makes society more effective. at that point, the "offenders" may stop saying stupid shit because they want to because the progressive society is not listening to them, not because they have to. and ill bite at the question even though its a trap.... actually i cant answer it. what is he saying that makes freedom of speech look terrible? the very fact that he could SAY something that tells people that freedom of speech is bad (if its correct), immediately contradicts itself because freedom of speech allowed him to say the thing to begin with- which makes it good. IDK MAN. time to eat dinner, which is money

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 pm

You don't see any resemblance between a fox and a cat?

Cat + Dog = ?

Fox

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 am

i see where your coming from, but its not something i ever really connected with cats. For some reason i group wolves and foxes together...things that are dog-like that aren't dogs. but i see where your coming from...again

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Dogs + Wolves = Fox/Cats?

How do you divide in evolution?

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 am

that actually makes sense to me kinda

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember when we used to have Serious Discussion?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1