Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

whattothink

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: whattothink   Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 pm

personally, i dont know what i think about this franchise anymore. i think the series is dragging its feet and eating all my money. on the other hand, PIRATES
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11147
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 pm

WOO PIRATES. it will be the best one... and ive never played the other games

i like how "Crack and crevice" was right on the scene with the naked chicks- funny touch

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25325
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 am

I need to play 3 still. That's the best one yet right with the revolution and shit? I can't believe the PS4 is the first to be announced. PS3 took like what, 13 years to come out? PS4 like 6

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
I need to play 3 still. That's the best one yet right with the revolution and shit? I can't believe the PS4 is the first to be announced. PS3 took like what, 13 years to come out? PS4 like 6

yeah and i dislike the new console generation's focus on ... social networking Mad
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm

You leveled up! Share on twitter?

I am going to be pissed if a game asks me to connect to Facebook or something. First goal of PS4 life, disable the share button. I will never support a Microsoft console again. I spent just as much time having fun with the 360 as I did having them fucking fall apart

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:37 pm

breakyoudown wrote:

I am going to be pissed if a game asks me to connect to Facebook or something. First goal of PS4 life, disable the share button. I will never support a Microsoft console again. I spent just as much time having fun with the 360 as I did having them fucking fall apart

Good luck with that: if Microsoft manages a holiday release for the 720 and pushes some decent first party titles, Sony will be out of business in two years.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:

Good luck with that: if Microsoft manages a holiday release for the 720 and pushes some decent first party titles, Sony will be out of business in two years.

Halo and Gears of War are the only exclusives I'd want to play

Sony's sheet is so much better its not even close, not even mentioning the inevitable continued releases of classic PS2 bundles. Free online is so much better than 12 year olds calling everyone a gay ******. You know I traded my 360 bundle on kijiji for a PS3? The guy was probably 12. Probably had sex with everyones mom on Halo by now

Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11363
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:57 am

Am I the only one who thinks the share button sounds like an awesome idea?

But yeah. Big giant meh from me for AC4. 3 was ok but could've and should've been way better. And I find it way too hard to get excited about a sequel to a game that came out just over 4 months ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:23 am

Darkflame wrote:

yes, facebook is already annoying enough as it is

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 am

I've never been a fan of the series much anyway. The fact that Bioshock Infinite, Remember Me, The Last of Us and most importantly Pokemon X and Y all come out before it, makes it hard to get hyped about it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Consoles always start off slow and then pick up at least a year in

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:30 pm

I dunno, I think the games shown at the conference were pretty damn solid. Killzone is a surprisingly good series and that game looked freakin' gorgeous, Knack looks like it has potential to be really good, the unnamed Capcom title piqued my interest, Bungie's Destiny looks absolutely glorious and I was hella impressed with what they showed of Watchdogs.

Also, I'm really enthusiastic about the way it looked like they were focusing less on 'LOOK HOW POWERFUL THIS SHIT IS' and actually showing how developers could use it.

In terms of the share button, the idea of a friend dropping in to watch your game and sending you a spare health potion if you're in trouble is kinda awesome to me. I've still to see whether or not developers will utilise it well but it has potential to be a great feature. I wouldn't associate it with Facebook games, that's kinda snap assumption to make when putting together a social and gaming experience. Sony actually want to reign in people who aren't middle aged with nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Darkflame wrote:

fuck
you

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 pm

A big topic was the possibility of the PS4 not running used games. Seems like that won't be happening. However we probably should not expect any kind of backward compatibility which is kinda shit. Guess I'll keep the PS3 as a blu-ray player. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a 3 in 1 Uncharted pack for PS4 and shit like that

LOR

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 am

breakyoudown wrote:
A big topic was the possibility of the PS4 not running used games. Seems like that won't be happening. However we probably should not expect any kind of backward compatibility which is kinda shit. Guess I'll keep the PS3 as a blu-ray player. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a 3 in 1 Uncharted pack for PS4 and shit like that

holy crap that would have been low. i wouldn't even support that company anymore if they did that.

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah it was a big thing. Microsoft was thinking about it too. It caused such an uproar that I think it was cast aside. Don't be surprised if they start throwing in day one DLC that will only be available with brand new games though. Already pretty much every EA title needs to be bought new if you want to play it online. Unfortunate, they'll do anything to milk an extra $15 from you

LOR

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 pm

shit, games are expensive to begin with. (maybe not relative to the amount of work that goes into them) but for the average person that wouldn't normally be able to buy those games, they are kind of screwing themselves over. i dont think its like they are losing loads of potential consumers from used games- those people bought used because they couldn't buy new alot of the time i would think

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:15 pm

LOR wrote:
shit, games are expensive to begin with. (maybe not relative to the amount of work that goes into them) but for the average person that wouldn't normally be able to buy those games, they are kind of screwing themselves over. i dont think its like they are losing loads of potential consumers from used games- those people bought used because they couldn't buy new alot of the time i would think

If I buy one new game a year I'd be surprised with myself. I think the last new game I bought was Alone in the Dark. It was $5 and it came with a few bonus things and it was actually a sweet game. Probably happened two years ago

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:48 pm

I honestly don't see much to be angry about with the share button other than 'HURR IT'LL BECOME LIEK FACEBOOK GAMZ' which it obviously won't. Even if it's not that big a deal, it looks like it's gonna be a feature that you can easily just ignore. They didn't even make much of a huge deal about it in the conference.

But yeah, it isn't gonna have backwards compatibility, which is kinda rubbish, but apparently they are gonna be putting a hell of a lot of old games on the digital library.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 pm

It'd just be annoying if you have to connect your social media accounts before you can play online, which is something I can totally see happening. Just another Internet step that doesn't add any value in my opinion. I can see digital games happening. They have a pretty small collection of PS2 games for sale, but I can easily see that triple for PS3 games on the PS4 store

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I don't see it making social media accounts an obligatory thing. It might become an option, but I doubt it'll be a requirement (for one thing, that'd require you to actually have a Facebook/Twitter account to play the console, which would be retarded). The whole shift towards an online focus is something I don't have an issue with so long as it doesn't come to always online single player games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16028
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 pm

I played the first Assassin's Creed. I actually got it right when it came out, was pretty stoked at the idea. It was a lot of fun, but it did get predictable and repetitive about 3/4 of the way through. Played some ACII, but man did that shit suck. They took out all of the stealth assassinations/game play in lieu of setpiece story moments and scripted fights. Then they decided to make an installment every fucking year. I'm done with this franchise, and have been done since the second game. Count me out.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Darkflame wrote:
I don't see it making social media accounts an obligatory thing. It might become an option, but I doubt it'll be a requirement (for one thing, that'd require you to actually have a Facebook/Twitter account to play the console, which would be retarded). The whole shift towards an online focus is something I don't have an issue with so long as it doesn't come to always online single player games.

There is a share button on the controller. You better believe there is going to be pressure and notifications for you to set things up constantly, of that I'm sure. Terrible idea. Share = social media. Share on a controller, I'd take the select button any day

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:46 pm

byd's totally right. and i betcha they're gonna try to merge in the playstation home idea too.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:04 am

Is there any reason to subscribe to playstation +? They give you free games but you lose the right to play them if your subscription expires. Online is free anyway. I can't see myself buying more than like...one game digitally. I like physical games for consoles, its collateral. For steam its so fucking cheap I don't mind

What is this playstation home business?

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 am

You create a model of yourself, you create your own house and then you interact with other people's models and play stupid games. It's like Sony's version of a social media network.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 am

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Axe wrote:
I played the first Assassin's Creed. I actually got it right when it came out, was pretty stoked at the idea. It was a lot of fun, but it did get predictable and repetitive about 3/4 of the way through. Played some ACII, but man did that shit suck. They took out all of the stealth assassinations/game play in lieu of setpiece story moments and scripted fights. Then they decided to make an installment every fucking year. I'm done with this franchise, and have been done since the second game. Count me out.
Really? I like the second waaaaaay better than the first. The stealth elements are still very much there, hell they've even been improved and it's one of like 2 AC games that actually has a really good story, I think. The first feels like a tech demo after 2.

Read this, you grumpy grumpy gamers, you. See if you can't find at least one thing that sounds cool.

http://www.gamesradar.com/15-game-changing-uses-ps4s-share-button/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:32 pm

I played Playstation home today.

I spent some time making my guy mildly resemble me with a grey sweater and jeans. Pretty much no free options with clothing or ways to decorate my apartment but that was fine. So naturally I didn't give a shit where the chairs were in my place so I wanted to go somewhere else. After much navigating I found out that I could go someplace that gamers in the community have created. So I go to this majestic farm that looks like the farm from the Walking Dead game, chapter two. Suddenly there are tons of other people, and they all look really amazing. Two guys came in on horses dressed as kings and then this guy flies in on a dragon! Then a girl walks by that looks like Lara Croft. Tons of girls btw, all hot as shit. Probably all dudes. But still, are they paying for these clothes and godamn animals? How do you make a farm? Anyway there is a nice dock. So I go and sit on it. Then what do you know a guy sits next to me. I say hey and he replies "Sup?" and leaves. So I walk around and see a muscular guy and a girl wearing very little standing very close to each other. Only I couldn't eavesdrop this conversation. So I realize there is nothing to do other than to approach things and read them. So I bail and go into this ninja world. There are shoe ads everywhere? And they are advertising Playstation Home? Alright...So apparently there is a game here so I find this sort of target practice game and they are asking me to buy shit every two seconds. Anyway I spend the whole time sprinting over the place and jumping off the balcony.

Fuck it

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:07 am

that passage sounds like it was carved directly out of Catcher in the Rye
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:18 am

And then I had a striking urge to murder John Lennon

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2369
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 am

I love AC, but dragging its feet? eh, maybe so - I hope they correct what they wronged in 3 by trying to feign the concept of an open world while giving you the carrot-on-a-stick fast travel to get where you want to go for the story immediately. got the game over a year ago and I still haven't messed with the side missions after completing the main missions.

I liked Connor and all, but I loved Ezio, especially when Revelations came around. There was a very grim tone throughout the entire game, you know? Desmond becoming comatose, Ezio coming to grips with his age, Altair's many trials and tribulations, shit - even the Subject 16 DLC had a particularly dark immersion to it

Spoiler:

Everything seemed like it was on a march towards the end of time, and happy endings nowhere in sight made it a very depressing yet empowering game to play. It demands so much more psychologically than the vengeance portrayed in the first two of the Ezio trilogy, and I can't favor them because they're on rails with the same, tired story: revenge.

Spoiler:

that's why I didn't really feel Connor out too much, his vengeance seemed random and misplaced sometimes, some of his kills absolutely unnecessary and his war-like tendencies made him a killer first and a silent assassin second. I really hope 4 brings something great to the table otherwise there's going to be some shots fired

the whole travelling by ship thing is returning, which is definitely can be a good thing, but only if they can somehow do it like Skies of Arcadia where the game world is interconnected and completely reachable by your preferred method of transportation. I think it'll be an all right game, ultimately - nothing will captivate me as much as AC:R did, so I'm trying not to hype it up too much
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whattothink   

Back to top Go down

whattothink
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: