Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Donglegate: What a Joke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Donglegate: What a Joke   Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:45 am

Whatchaguysthink?

I thought girlwriteswhat's analysis was interesting. She compares the incident to Lisa Brown's vaginagate and claims that feminists dominate the media.

Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11226
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:25 am

i have no idea what any of that is, but she says things that make sense to me, even though I dont know what she is talking about

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:44 pm

haha she's talking bout that bitch that over at Pycon. She overheard two male nerds telling a techy joke with a sexual overtone. Then she got all offended, took their pictures and bitched about it over twitter. One of them had a family and three kids, but they both got fired.

then she talks about the time Lisa Brown said vagina in Congress and how the facts were distortted to make her look like a hero battling against some archaic, evil white guys.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:43 pm

ah. im assuming this thread was more for Dark then haha.

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:58 am

No I dont want a flame war, I was just wondering what everyone thought about this crap. 4chan got together and got the donglebitch fired. I love 4chan's version of social activism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:02 am

Another depressing act of political correctness gone mad and women being truly fucking stupid, hurting their own cause instead of furthering it.

Besides all my other worries this aroused (being fired for a private conversation not least among them... am I going to lose my job for typing 'aroused' on a forum?) whatever the fuck happened to free speech. My opinion, thoughts and commentary are mine to disclose however the fuck I want. If you don't like it, then fuck you.

I'm aware that restrictions that prevent racism etc. are needed, but you get the feeling you can't say anything these days because the world is one big fucking glass house and one wrong word might bring it all down. Or at least set a retarded woman, with wildly skewed thinking on you.

Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm

hear hear

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:55 pm

totally agree Dies. there's a paradigm shift coming in this country from truth and freedom to sensitivity and security. personally, i think women are pushing for this because they weren't the ones spilling their blood to earn it. they dont understand how many lives it's worth.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

eh, dont go that far. thats implying there are no women in the armed forces. also are you in the military?

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:49 am

No im not and i surrender the fact that im being kind of an almost hypocritical snob right now. Here's some numbers, though Smile 98% of our war deaths are male. And every draft there's ever been to fight cruel wars nobody believed in sent men to their deaths, never women.

Side note - 78% of American suicides are male. Yet there is no agency at all that is specifically reaching out toward suicidal males. Roughly the same percentage of women commit violence against men in relationships as men against women. There's a Violence Against Women Act but no Violence Against Men Act. We have 7 national conventions for women's health and none for men. I want to point out that this culture has become inherently misandric. Are you disposable?

Last edited by Gravy Gulper on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:17 am

most war deaths are male because there are more males in the military and I would hazard to guess that there are more males in the military simply because that was how society used to want it (Which is slowly changing of course).

the suicide thing is new to me, but if those stats are true then thats kinda odd. i find it strange that there needs to be gender specific suicide agencies though. just because there might be a female specific one doesn't mean we need a male one. but its weird that there is a female specific one to start out with to me. shouldn't any suicide agency want to help anyone?

the other things you mentioned does seem strange as well. and as for the disposable questions- thats just a weird question. in terms of what and to who? i dont think im disposable, or at least no more than anyone else. im not disposable to myself, and thats all i fucking care about haha.

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:52 am

LOR wrote:
most war deaths are male because there are more males in the military and I would hazard to guess that there are more males in the military simply because that was how society used to want it (Which is slowly changing of course).

the suicide thing is new to me, but if those stats are true then thats kinda odd. i find it strange that there needs to be gender specific suicide agencies though. just because there might be a female specific one doesn't mean we need a male one. but its weird that there is a female specific one to start out with to me. shouldn't any suicide agency want to help anyone?

the other things you mentioned does seem strange as well. and as for the disposable questions- thats just a weird question. in terms of what and to who? i dont think im disposable, or at least no more than anyone else. im not disposable to myself, and thats all i fucking care about haha.
i like how i goofed up the discussion so bad, this has nothing to do with dongglegate anymore haha oh well

got the suicide stats right off the cdc website, man. i bring up the male suicide thing because thats an incredible statistic. really striking difference - 78%. if a given half of a poplulous were so much more heavily struck by an affliction than the other, why WOULDNT you invest in agencies to tailor to that half more specifically since they're most in need? But then again, the presupposition of that hypothetical would be that the government cares for both demographics equally (which is my point Wink ) Or am i talking nonsense? That way, the specialized help agency would have specialized interventions that would be more effective on whichever demographic or situation it happens to deal in. Sort of like the immune response using antibodies specifically tailored to a single pathogen.

The military is only 14.6% female.

You're smart, LOR. Males will throw their lives away far more readily than women in this culture. Not only that, men are far more comfortable helping women than protecting their own interests. A man will happily throw down his jacket so a girl won't get her shoes wet. I'm just drawing that allegory into the very real and far-reaching powers of law and government (no violence against men act or agencies protecting men's interests or health). Imagine that the war deaths were changing. More female coffins are coming home. Would that not disturb you? Do you not feel a deeply ingrained desire to take their place? That's why I mention these facts. But I like talking to you, man. So if you see any other holes in my shit, poke away Smile

as for feeling disposable compared to the other sex, fair enough. i guess thats just me then.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:53 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
LOR wrote:

i like how i goofed up the discussion so bad, this has nothing to do with dongglegate anymore haha oh well

got the suicide stats right off the cdc website, man. i bring up the male suicide thing because thats an incredible statistic. really striking difference - 78%. if a given half of a poplulous were so much more heavily struck by an affliction than the other, why WOULDNT you invest in agencies to tailor to that half more specifically since they're most in need? But then again, the presupposition of that hypothetical would be that the government cares for both demographics equally (which is my point Wink ) Or am i talking nonsense? That way, the specialized help agency would have specialized interventions that would be more effective on whichever demographic or situation it happens to deal in. Sort of like the immune response using antibodies specifically tailored to a single pathogen.

The military is only 14.6% female.

You're smart, LOR. Males will throw their lives away far more readily than women in this culture. Not only that, men are far more comfortable helping women than protecting their own interests. A man will happily throw down his jacket so a girl won't get her shoes wet. I'm just drawing that allegory into the very real and far-reaching powers of law and government (no violence against men act or agencies protecting men's interests or health). Imagine that the war deaths were changing. More female coffins are coming home. Would that not disturb you? Do you not feel a deeply ingrained desire to take their place? That's why I mention these facts. But I like talking to you, man. So if you see any other holes in my shit, poke away Smile

as for feeling disposable compared to the other sex, fair enough. i guess thats just me then.

i just did a quick search on the suicide thing. wikipedia says that males die more often but women actually attempt to kill themselves more often. Now to me, this either means, guys are just awesome at killing themselves or the the measures taken to prevent female suicide are working really well. But either way, i would say your right, if anything, this would be a good case to build a male suicide agency or something. then again, you'd have to ask yourself if you would be one to even use this service. you talk alot about ingrained male instincts, and pride is a popular component (Im saying popular because I feel like we are assuming things on the male the male pysche). Even if there was an agency, based off that logic, our gender might never use it. But of course that logic is only speculation (i quickly tried looking up statistics- but couldn't really find anything plus I realized it would be fucked anyway since there are more female agency's that exist to begin with).

on the military thing, once again, it still appears to be speculation. we might think that males will throw away there lives more readily than women, but this could just be a product of society. I don't think I would ever use that as an argument. Women have just as many loved ones that men would, and I believe they would sacrifice their lives for them just as much as a guy would (depends on the person though obviously). Statistics won't be a good guide here either because of the current social norms. i think within the next couple decades things will start to even out more if actual "Equality" starts to permeate the minds of the people more- not just equality in the eyes of the law but people actually BELIEVING that they are equal- cuz honestly thats probably the biggest barrier. if males still dominate the more "male-esque" things you describe then, then maybe you are right.

just to be clear, im not calling you wrong, someone needs to play devils advocate here. but alot does seem like speculative. the statistics and clear leaning toward aiding women vs men though is kinda sucky though, but it might even be for the reasons you mentioned (men always wanting to protect woman blah blah- this whole situation you hate could be man's fault to begin with). but equality is equality, if there is a clear leaning of more women protecting agencies then its pretty dumb there aren't male equivalents in the name of equality. i agree with you there completely.

do i feel like i need to take a woman's place when if i notice more female coffins coming home? nope. its their choice to be in the military (unless a draft happens), im not gonna feel bad because of something they chose to do (ill feel bad that they are dead though)(though this could be because ive conditioned myself to stop caring about certain things). this might also have to do with the way i view the world/the country/military etc blah blah but thats for another conversation Razz

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:59 pm

It's all good dude. I love a good adversary so long as we're having fun. Im enjoying this. The cdc website claims women ideate suicide more often than men. If its true they also make more attempts than men, I propose this. These are not ful-blooded attempts to end their lives, so much as cries for help. The two methods women typically use for suicide (according to the CDC again) is poisoning and slitting their wrists. Both methods tend to take a long time to kill and are frankly dramatic. As opposed to men, who favor suicide via firearm.

Found this video on the youtube and i figured id throw it up till ive read the rest of your post more thoroughly.
EDIT: having gotten through your first paragraph, I concede that I would never ever use such an agency. Damn good question Very Happy

EDIT:
LOR wrote:
Women have just as many loved ones that men would, and I believe they would sacrifice their lives for them just as much as a guy would (depends on the person though obviously).
Here's where things get interesting. Imma pull up some recent events on yo ass. Remember the Batman shooting? 3 men jumped on their girlfriends and died to save their girlfriends' lives. No women in that shooting did so for their men and the idea of them doing so seems a little outlandish, preposterous or far-fetched to me. In the wake of the shooting, feminists on the internet hailed the three dead guys as heroes. Exemplary men. The youtuber that i just posted's video (fuck this sentence structure) called this phenomenon "ceremonial disposability". When society imbues praise on males for sacrificing in order to provide for women.

For the record, almost everything I'm suggesting is speculative dude. I'm just shooting the shit with you. These ideas take a back seat to the way i present myself in my interactions with others and I no longer vote. I'm going my own way. But I feel I should warn other dudes if I can. So you're perfect practice for seeing whether I come off as batshit crazy.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:11 pm

haven't finished the video, but that spike is scary. but he is saying that its a clear reaction to feminism, that could be interrupted one of two ways, the first being that women are stealing mens wealth and children (Which is what he was saying), or it could be the fact that men at the point were starting to feel less (fuck this word, but i cant think of anything at the moment) macho and i guess more inadequate next to their female peers (because of the social norm of guys being the breadwinners). Honestly, it very well could be a combination of both. but the latter idea is where where the hardcore feminists nail people that argue against them. and i have to agree with them. the feeling of inadequacy is just brought about by how society portrayed gender up until then, and when females started competing for the same jobs and getting them, males started shitting their pants a bit. just from lookin at the graph, ill take a wild guess and assume that the big drop off at the end is when people started being more open-minded to equality, which is why im thinking it was a combination of both early on. its whatever, its definitely a curious figure to be sure. combined with the fact that men seem to be statistically better at killing themselves (as sad and offensive as that might sound), yeah that might make sense. but that brings up the issue of how people kill themselves and you might very well be right that women seem to choose more dramatic and slow ways of killing themselves which aids in the fact that they survive more often. you might be right in saying its biological, i cant think of any other reason why this would be a thing. it might not be for "drama" though as you pointed out. it could be because those ways of dying seem to be less painful and require less will-power. taking a bunch of pills next to pointing a gun at your head (this might depend on the person though). which seems more appealing? idk. honestly, i dont want to think about that haha.

the recent events thing- again, this could just be society dictating what roles genders should be playing- not necessarily which gender is biologically more inclined to do those types of things. probably debatable, i bet their is some research on that. id be interested in reading it if you find anything.

if we are argueing whether men and women are truly equal, i think they are, but they are different obviously. i dont think anyone can prove one gender is better than the other if they excel at different things. you would have to debate whether the "things" one gender does are better than the things the other gender does- and that's just ridiculous.

and i know most things are speculative, but if you're debating with someone (not saying that we are- we just seem to be throwing ideas out), gotta have more than speculation

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:40 pm

The thing with tablet/drug suicide is that a lot of people forget how resilient the human body is. You need a lot of anti-diuretics etc. for that shit to work, and the drug option is inherently female as it's a passive option which goes a ways to explaining their failed suicide rates. Men prefer hanging/shooting etc. i.e. a more active approach which is harder to fuck up. Therefore men absolutely need more support as they are more likely to succeed.

The whole reaction to donglegate pisses me off to be honest, because the joke was between two guys referencing the size of their penises, which didn't objectify women at all. A little innuendo never hurt anyone, so the whole thing got blown way out of proportion. It was two guys bloating their egos a little and having some fun at an event which I'm sure was a fucking borefest.

On another note which has come up: women will never equal men in the military. FACT. I stated this in the last related topic, but nature is nature, and you can't fight it. Men are active, women are passive: that is a massive over simplification, but if serves as a basic directive for how the id works in the sexes. Men fight/reproduce/provide. Women nurture, raise and teach. No matter how we might consider ourselves above such base behaviors, it's a truism that can't be avoided.

It isn't a question of equality, it's a question of how the sexes are tuned. It's funny when you think about if, but capitalism wouldn't be the dominating force in the current global climate if men didn't strive for more: we call it greed these days because we are convinced we are a different class of animal, a species above all else, but it's just really another form of provision for ourselves, a nature that will not be denied.

At the end of the day, their is inequality between the sexes, because we are suited to different things. But this all balances out in the end. Some women are convinced they should be able to do fucking everything, and better at men at that: this is where feminism fails, because it doesn't recognise the nature of the human condition/nature.

Women should absolutely be given the chance to do whatever the fuck they want, but don't you be telling me they can do something just as good as me even if they're female: that is absurd. Gender difference exists for a fucking reason: accept it and move the fuck on. I don't be telling you I can give birth through my cock bitches.

Fucking women, you can't win.

This all applies to the basic psyche as Gravy has mentioned by the way. The id is the most primal, powerful part of our being, so denying it is pointless. Women want security, men want more of whatever they have or just what they don't have already. The fact is that society/nature has always favoured males because we provide. This is true of almost all species in the entire fucking world, whether mammal or not (emperor penguins, certain arachnids and seahorses being the only exceptions I can think off).

Let me put it another way. You happen to see an attractive woman walking down the street. You think to yourself 'I'd hit that' or something to that effect. Your conscious mind may deny it (there is no denying the sub-conscious (i.e. the id) however), a lot of women would say you've objectified her. But at the end of the day you're basic fucking nature is to reproduce with whatever the afore mentioned id finds attractive/productive i.e. symmetry...

...I could debate and talk for hours on the subject, but it all boils down to one simple fact: each sex is programmed differently, therefore we are never going to be truly equal. Deal with it!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Yeah man I was just thinking this was a conversation, you know?
EDIT: shit, Dies posted a much more concise version of this while i was writing. ignore mine if you like because i certainly cant give birth out my cock bitches.

But going back to suicide: I agree there's no way in hell that feminism is directly responsible for all these deaths, but we're at 78% today. So look at the graph. Is that number still so much more high than it had been prior to the 70s just because we STILL can't wrap our heads around our female counterparts' competancy in the workplace? I don't think that could possibly be the reason for the suicide inflation, given that we've had 40 years or so to adjust, but the numbers are still quite high.

He's not so much blaming the suicides on the laws feminists passed in the name of "equality" so much as the attitudes and horseshit they sullied our culture with. There is absolutely no provided learning material or preparation for a boy to discover what a woman actually is until its too late. We've all been spoonfed this romanticized image of the wonderwoman that the feminists invented. She's capable and independent and you can show her your sensitive side and she won't try to steal your money or use you or get drunk and fuck your friends or lie. Women are inherently liars. They're biologically equipped for it and psychologically compelled to do so. Then he's saying that after our relationships fall apart so drastically, the laws that feminists fought for leave us broke, homeless and unable to claim our own children. By the way, 67.5% of the single homeless population is male, and it is this single population that makes up 76% of the homeless populations surveyed (U.S. Conference of Mayors, 2007). "Thanks feminism, I think I'm done with all this life business now"

I think that's the main point we differ on, LOR. The idea that the genders have equal value. We can present one another's points of views and discuss, but I dont think we'll be able to change each others' minds. The way I see it, women are parasites that are born with something we need: a vagina. Prehistoric man would spend their lives sacrificing for the woman, fighting his fellow man to be the alpha and deliver his seed. All his life providing food and shelter and security to his woman. Meanwhile, women learned a skill called hypogamy (marrying up). They would look for the male most able to provide for them and seduce him. If ever this male outlived his usefulness, the female would leave his sorry ass and find another man to extract resources from. This is how they became so good at manipulation and lying. Oh yeah - they would also bear children.

But think about it. That was their only contribution to society. Meanwhile, men had to fight for their lives, fight for their homes, fight for their women and fight for their belongings. That's why men discovered all the cornerstones of society: hunting agriculture, construction, mathematics, philosophy, science, music, painting, sculpture, electronics, nuclear physics, men, men, men, men, men. Because we earned it. We faced all the adversity of the world while women sat around making us EARN their affection (like we earned everything else) with material success.

Studies suggest that women in general dislike their own kind. Other studies suggest that female personality traits tend to overlap. I've observed that because of these things, women often attempt to squeeze into male-dominated groups. When they do so, they are confronted by the expectations and weight of what it really means to be a man: making a name for yourself by proving yourself and standing on your own merit. Women aren't used to such obscurity, so in their frustration with their own astounding mediocrity, they have a few textbook strategies they can draw on to stubbornly prevent what should be their failure or their descent into obscurity. To stand out, they can and often do - sexualize their environment.

Adria Richards (the feminist from Donglegate) is a perfect example of a girl using her sex to inappropriately gain power and/or attention in a male-dominated environment. She overheard a victimless joke, projected her sex onto a situation that had nothing to do with her and pretended she was a superhero. So glad she got fired for that. Another fantastic example of this is girl gamers. They come on and immediately start talking about how they are a girl gamer. "I dont wanna be treated any differently just cuz I'm a girl", except they dont shut up about how they are a girl gamer and how dudes are all over her cuz she's a girl and then if they STILL don't have enough attention from the sex-starved nerds they're playing with, they'll start using sex appeal. "O! Em! G! You guys wait up. My panties are like, way too tight! Lay down some cover fire while I fix it (I'm a gurlgamur lololol)" It makes me sick. Then, if after they've pulled shit like that (not just in games but in commercial environments or social groups too) and some sensible males start to give them crap for their behavior they pull the feminist card. Males are excluding me because of my gender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Yeah man I was just thinking this was a conversation, you know?
EDIT: shit, Dies posted a much more concise version of this while i was writing. ignore mine if you like because i certainly cant give birth out my cock bitches.

Lol, I used that as hyperbole, but it's essentially true. I accept I can't do everything women can do, but a lot of women won't accept the opposite: like I'm supposed to believe they're all Princess Diana of Themyscira or some shit. Give me a fucking break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:40 pm

Dies, those are my dreams youre talking about. I will be beautiful swan and women can be hulking truckomaniacs if they like. you're just intimidated by female power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Gravy Gulper wrote:
Dies, those are my dreams youre talking about. I will be beautiful swan and women can be hulking truckomaniacs if they like. you're just intimidated by female power.

You're a regular fucking spice girl. Girl power!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:51 pm

damn man. this thread has over 100 views
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:55 pm

I have officially been quoted in a sig: my life is now complete! Fuck you brute, fuck you indeed!
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:06 pm

hmmm. i think regardless of whether or not you believe the genders to be equal, you should be for equal opportunity at the very least. correct me if im wrong, but i thought that one of the biggest issues was the equal pay and treatment in the workplace thing. if people do the work, they should get the pay that reflects the work. gender shouldn't be an issue.

i also think you villianizing women a bit too extremely. i mean the video on this thread is a woman speaking out against feminism. but as you said, we probably aren't going to change each other's minds. honestly though, i do think this conversation is extremely interesting, if only if its to try and understand the opposing view point.

related but off topic (we're far off the rails at this point anyway)
what do you guys think about the gender blurring thing thats happening now. girls doing boys things, guys doing traditional girl things, wearing clothes of the opposite sex, sweden making up a uni-gender pronoun etc.

i like the general idea- people should do whatever the fuck they want and shouldn't be judged based off of what traditional society thinks. but the fucking uni-gender pronoun thing i think is fucking ridiculous. the word is "hen". the only that word will cause is confusion. books will get harder to read, no one will know who is talking about who. blah blah blah. its a dumb word. i like sweden but thats just too far.

here's a good article for it. I HATE THAT WORD MORE THAN I HATE THE WORD DJENT http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/04/hen_sweden_s_new_gender_neutral_pronoun_causes_controversy_.html

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm

See I have an objection with equal pay: yes, you should get the pay that reflects the work, but often women do similar jobs to men but not to quite the same extent or level and they use their moral influence to abuse this.

Take Wimbledon for example, the biggest event in the tennis calendar. Women play the best of 3 sets, men the best of 5, yet both receive the same prize money. Basically men have to potentially work up to 2/5s harder for the same pay to satisfy some rediculous ideals of political correctness.

I have no problem with either gender doing anything that is typically associated with the opposite sex: implying that they can do it just as good as the other pisses me off though. In some cases that may very well be true, but sometimes one gender outshines the over in certain aspects. Get the fuck over it,

Uni-gender pronouns seem super useful to me. My father is half french, so anything that makes the language easier to swallow sounds good to me. In reality though, it's fucking retarded.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah this has been loads of fun. Despite how much I dislike women, I actually am for equal rights between men and women. However, this sometimes puts me at odds with the feminists. They manipulate and distort many facts in order to influence people in their favor.

For instance, the gender wage cap. Women are not being paid less than men for the same work. There's no discrimination and there's no glass ceiling. These are myths that feminists purposefully sow in order to influence folks like yourself. This just goes to show that women are experts at manipulating people and distorting facts.

By the way, you're probably right. I am a little on the extreme side. That's partially because of some cheating ex-girlfriends, but I do attempt to compensate for my own bias. It's just hard because I went on Bill Burr's podcast and almost every guy that writes in is writing about how his girlfriend/wife is lying and cheating and lying about cheating. Then I check out other radio shows. This one lady called in and confessed how she cheated on her husband and tricked him into raising a baby that isn't his and he still doesn't know. Then she says that women do crap like that all the time and all these guys call in to tell her they're disgusted, but she is totally unabashed. It was horrifying, man.

Then I started to see it in the culture. Every single romance recycles the same goddamn plot. With the bride falling in love with another man on her wedding day. That's supposed to be the big heroic moment, but if you actually think about whats happening, its downright disturbing. I hope that some day soon, after having thoroughly research the female psyche I'll be able to turn my bitter resentment to pity.

Im totally in favor of breaking the gender roles. That would rock. I think it would make girls more hard-working, honest and independent while making guys more trusting and nurturing. But I also agree that pronoun thing is fucking dumb. It's one thing to refuse to shove your kid into a psychological mold. But pretending there arent gender differences is downright delusional.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 pm

haha, this is super interesting to me, for some reason I thought you guys would be totally against it. this actually puts your thoughts in a different light to me. neat, we all seem to be in agreement about people should be who they are. and we all agree that that word is just fucking dumb and confusing. huh. this was a less fruitful (in terms of conversation) outcome than i expected haha

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:04 pm

haha yeah arguing's more fun. quick - somebody say something controversial.

EDIT: going back to male divorce penalties - imma investigate further

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donglegate: What a Joke   

Back to top Go down

Donglegate: What a Joke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1