Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25402
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Honestly, I got free tickets to a movie from buying granola bars and didn't end up using it because everything after Christmas has been questionable. My friends downloaded a few movies that I ended up watching, but I probably wouldn't have gone to theaters for that either. I am looking at whats coming soon

April. 12th - Oblivion, 42,

April. 26th - Pain and Gain, Mud, The Reluctant Fundamentalist

May 3rd - Iron Man 3, The Iceman,

May 10th - The Great Gatsby

May 17th - Star Trek Into the Darkness

May 24th - Fast and Furious 6, Hangover 3, Now You See Me, The Purge

There are others coming out but I added ones of note and left out some I didn't know much of- or didn't have a ton of interest in. These are two months of movies. Honestly I feel like I'd only pay to see Iron Man or Star Trek/ The Great Gatsby

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Looking forward to the new Star Trek; Benedict is such a good actor, it will be interesting to see what he does playing a villain.

I've enjoyed some of Tom Cruise's more recent films but I'm not sure I'd go to the cinema for them... plus Morgan Freeman has done some pretty piss poor movies of late so I'd avoid Oblivion.

Pretty much everything I'm looking forward to is a summer flick... I really, really want Man of Steel to be good. There's so much potential in Clark's/Superman's character that could make for something awesome if they make a decent origin story but I'm really worried they're going to Green Lantern it and fuck it all up.

It's got Snyder and Nolan involved though so my hopes are high.
Back to top Go down
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11224
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:50 pm

im looking forward to the hobbit in december haha.

and hold on just a minute...Fast and furious 6? there was a 4 and 5?

i'd be down to see the new iron man, but i still haven't had the chance to see the second one yet. im really bad with new movies.

oblivion looks super meh to me. that one movie with will smith and his son also looks really meh to me as well (forget the name)

didn't know what the purge was, but i just looked it up, plot seems really interesting. couldn't find a trailer though (found a different movie with a similar name)

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Honestly Oblivion and Jack Reacher just look like duds

Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 will be the super hero movies to watch. Nolan is on a hot streak I have faith in him. Usually a very safe bet for theater viewing

The summer has better movies. The end of the world (is that the right title?) with Seth Rogan looks really funny, tons of comedians in that, so hopefully that'll be the comedy of the summer. Saw The Campaign last year and it was pretty average. Probably wouldn't be funny at home

sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3825
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:16 pm

New Superman trailer is awesomesauce
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Agreed. It really looks like they're giving him some character, which none of the previous Superman films have done.

Also points for using 'awesomesauce'.

New Star Trek trailer is amazing as well. Looks like that rare beast, a big budget action sci-fi flick that will run on the characters as much the action and actually succeed. Pine (who has been iffy in everything other than Star Trek) and Cumberbatch are going to have some great scenes.
Back to top Go down
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm

i've never liked superman and so far nothing this far has ever made me want to change my mind, so im not that hyped for the new movie. also couldn't give two shits about star trek, but if a friend asks me to go, ill probably end up going.

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 pm

mixed feelings about new star trek. i like pretty much everything about the way Abrams directs except his casting. The new generation characters have way too much sex appeal and if you watched the movie muted, it could easily be mistaken for the big bang theory or any other shit-tier sitcom. Gross. Go away, sexy Kirk.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 pm

If you want to be a commercial success you gotta make it appeal to people who haven't watched the tv show or people like me would bail so hard

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16105
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 am

I'm pretty much a shameless Trekkie, that being said I'm very skeptical about Abram's reboot. I haven't watched the first one yet (I wanted to finish up the Original Series before I went on to the reboot movies) but I have to admit that the trailer for the new one looks cool.

I'm excited for the Great Gatsby, Anchorman 2, and a couple of others I'm probably forgetting... the Hobbit Part 2! Duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 am

hobbit 2 is always a given. and o yeah ANCHORMAN 2

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:10 am

definately, although Im not a big fan of Steve Carell. He's been doing some really shit movies lately. Dinner for Shmucks had like one good scene near the end and Get Smart was complete slapstick trash. And Burt Wonderstone? C'mon man. I guess Im just angry that he's become overated.

byd - i understand your point. im not suggesting he cast a bunch of dinosaurs, but for god's sake, the new Enterprise crew looks like they just waltzed out of High School Musical 8 or something. What's next, Justin Beiber as Data? I must say, though. I loved the actor he picked for Doctor Bones.

The recent Superman movies have been real letdowns, but after seeing this trailer, I have high hopes for Man of Steel. Visuals alone are worth the ticket price.

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Man of Steel looks exactly what the Superman series needs to turn it around. The last one was brutal, did Superman even fight anyone?

I agree with Steve Carell. He killed it in 40 Year-Old Virigin and was used just enough in Anchorman. But the guys resume looks like hell after that. Also, I never found The Office to be funny, I tried numerous episodes and they were pure garbage. Its like watching a bad Office Space.

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Pretty sure they're coming out with an Ender's Game movie. Gonna be great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3825
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:19 am

Interested in: The Iceman, The Great Gatsby, World War Z, Kick ass 2, Lovelace, Anchorman 2, The Wolverine, Sin City 2, Oldboy, Carrie, 12 Years a Slave, Hobbit 2, Machete Kills (likely bad but whatever) and, haters gonna hate, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2.

Don't care too much about: Iron man 3 (two was bad; maybe it will redeem the series), hangover 3 (also needs to redeem itself), grown ups 2 (groan), paranormal activity 5 (really), thor 2, hunger games 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:24 am

A lot of those wont be out till around Christmas right?

My friend Andrew is in the trailer as an extra in Carrie. You can see him for like half a second- long enough to get a screenshot. Even on the correct second if you hit pause you can miss him

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:57 am

didn't know they were making another machete movie...id see the fuck out of that

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:49 am

Axe wrote:
Pretty sure they're coming out with an Ender's Game movie. Gonna be great

No it isn't. It's being directed by the guy who did X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

sarainadream wrote:
Interested in: The Iceman, The Great Gatsby, World War Z, Kick ass 2, Lovelace, Anchorman 2, The Wolverine, Sin City 2, Oldboy, Carrie, 12 Years a Slave, Hobbit 2, Machete Kills (likely bad but whatever) and, haters gonna hate, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2.

Don't care too much about: Iron man 3 (two was bad; maybe it will redeem the series), hangover 3 (also needs to redeem itself), grown ups 2 (groan), paranormal activity 5 (really), thor 2, hunger games 2.

Ben Kingsley as the villain will save Iron Man 3. The Wolverine Trailer looks piss poor: nothing much being done to repair everything that was wrong with origins. Machete Kills will be awesome, the casting choices look amazing.

Gravy Gulper wrote:
mixed feelings about new star trek. i like pretty much everything about the way Abrams directs except his casting. The new generation characters have way too much sex appeal and if you watched the movie muted, it could easily be mistaken for the big bang theory or any other shit-tier sitcom. Gross. Go away, sexy Kirk.

William Shatner is the manliest, sexiest man ever to have lived. Your argument is invalid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:33 am

Dies Irae wrote:
William Shatner is the manliest, sexiest man ever to have lived. Your argument is invalid.
Oh god, what have I done? *falls on own sword* I ... *spits up blood* I didn't mean it that way. *shuts the hell up forever*

@sara - how can you not be excited for Thor 2? It's got Norwegians in it. I'm so pumped!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:09 pm

I thought Machete ran out of steam about 40 minutes in. I found myself just waiting for the lines from the joke trailer.

They should make some of those other joke movies like "Don't". That was jokes

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:16 pm

I noticed you crossed out Wreck-it Ralph. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:25 pm

I think John C. Reilly was the perfect voice for Ralph, did a really good job. The movie started out with a really fast paced story giving you so many new things to enjoy all at once then inevitably had to slow down which wasn't a bad thing, Candyland had some funny characters going for them. I liked the sour candy and the doughnut named Duncan. Hah. Little cartoon Sarah Silverman was predictable but the ending was not. You can't go into the movie expecting 1000 videogame references but it was pretty funny, holy hell so colourful (must be great to watch on Blu-ray) and you do get a little bit of a Monster's Inc vibe, big strong protagonist with a small girl working together. This is one of the few animations where I'd actually really like a sequel to see what other quirks they could make into a story. Quite the high novelty value

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:16 am

Wreck-it-Ralph is probably the best Pixar film to come out since the original Toy Story. They just did it so right. My ONLY issue with the movie is how they crammed all of their gaming homages into basically the first half. I felt it should have been a little more spread out, rather than just be all "Look, gaming references galore!" then have none. It almost made it feel more gimmicky than it should have felt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit   

Back to top Go down

Is a good movie coming out soon? Haven't been to theaters since The Hobbit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1