Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25404
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:13 am

If you can keep up with the extremely fast paced dialog you are rewarded with a very interesting outlook on life, afterlife, and emotion. Almost a haunting tale

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Beckett, you are so damn crazy
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Ever read Waiting for Godot?

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:55 am

No, but I hear thats some of his best work. I'll read it as soon as i can get my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:18 am

In summary its about two men who are Waiting for Godot, who is clearly representing God, and they are sort of waiting to die. It has a lot of dark humour about them wanting him to arrive sooner than later as they want to finally meet him. One joke in it has them wanting to hang themselves so they can at least get an erection because Godot is taking too long. Very interesting book, very unique characters that you never get to read about.

Manage to get through much of the video?

The crazy part is that there is an Act 2 to this play. And the dialog is word for the word...the same as act 1.

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Yeah dude I saw both parts on your recommendation when I was a newbie here. Those poor actors. How the hell do they talk like that? And Waiting for Godot sounds even more enticing now because i love dark humor.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Shit man I forget how long you've been here sometimes lol

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:09 pm

haha there are some fucked-upedly shaking comedies on Netflix. The Bothersome Man was pretty good, imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)    

Back to top Go down

A beautifully tragic past paced poetic story (Stars Alan Rickman)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1