Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25346
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:22 pm

A year or two ago I put my first advertisement on kijij. I was selling Pokemon Yellow for $15. A fellow sends me a message wanting to buy it. So he comes by a bit later than he said and gave me a $20 and told me to keep the change. The guy seemed pretty cool and seemed like he was around my age too.

A little while later I was at my friends birthday party and I told them about it and I decided I was going to invite him to a function I was holding a week later. (Soccer game + Drinks after, it was my birthday then). The guy laughed and said his birthday was the day before and had prior plans but was thankful for the invite, same age and all.

So a few ticks later I ask him if he wanted to get drunk at a bar. He was down.

Over a pint of Guiness he was explaining to me the girl he was dating. I dated her before. Hilarious coincidence right? I jokingly called her crazy and he found it amusing. The guy was a big Pokemon fan, he bought my game because he wanted another save file.

Anyway we stumbled back home and pissed somewhere in public. Parted ways
Haven't seen him since. I should ask him about his girl someday. What a guy

Probably one of the most outgoing things I've ever done

GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4061
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Well this one time I left my dorm and saw a drunk idiot that took his shirt off and challenged me to a fight. I haven't tired that again since
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Ahah how'd that go?

I just messaged that guy, he sounded happy to hear from me. Should get hammered with him again

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:15 am

That story made me optimistic for a few minutes. I liked it.

This one time, I was partying in Alfred. My party-squad had split up into equal groups cuz we were having trouble tracking down babe-lairs.

Me and this dude, Kelsey, whom I barely knew stumbled into this dark house. There were like no lights on. Turned out there was a party here (thank satan we werent breaking-and-entering). But our boldness doesn't end there. So I shoved all our booze into Kelsey's hands and scouted the place.

Met a gangly dude with hipster glasses. Asked where he's from. Gives me the smartass reply, "Bilge-water University". Notice he's wearing something similar to a trench coat. Hunch. Me: "You a drug-dealer?". Him: "Oh, yeah. The Legendary Peter is at your service. I pretty much supply the whole town". Me: "So whatcha got?". Dude: "I'm cleaned out of acid, but some premium molly just came in. $20".

Throughout the conversation, I'd been flirting by making and breaking eye contact with this cute girl in the corner. She had a friend, but they both looked lonely. Then I looked over at Kelsey, the poor dude had this desperate, gloomy look in his eyes. Enough of this bullshit.

I hand Gangly Pete $20 and ask for the molly. Poured it out on my hand, took half of it and had Kelsey lick the rest off my hand. We washed it down with booze. Then I dragged Kelsey over to the girls I'd spotted. Kelsey starts getting it on with the girl's friend and I went home with, well her name's Emily. Got laid. Got Kelsey laid. All is right with the world. Next day, my friend Ryan thanks me for giving Kelsey a good time. Oh god, my head. Who the fuck is Kelsey?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

On one St.Patty's day we were walking around looking for a party. We see a group of people walking and we ask where they are headed. They give us an address to a party and to ask for Mark Mueller.

A little bit later we go to the door and some girl answers and says "...Who are you."
"Uh....Can we see Mark Mueller?"
So Mark Mueller comes to the door
"I have never seen you guys in my life, get the fuck out"

Oops

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 pm

hahaha dude you're supposed to just barge in, explaining that you were invited by Mark Mueller. that way, you escape into the chaos of the party before they can confirm you have no business whatsoever being there. crashing house parties takes brass balls and it scares the living hell out of me, so props for trying.

another night, there were no parties we could get into because it was pledge week. so my partysquad and i are walking back, when we hear bells and drunken yelling. We decide to check it out, nothing left to lose. There's a drunken Santa Clause yelling at us from a balcony. He's yelling, "You guys. Yeah you! Come on inside. Party's upstairs." So we walk in through the front door and go upstairs. They had a keg, beer pong, a huge bong and a dog named Bear. I miss Bear.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 pm

I remember I had one night where my party skills were just too high for my own good.

I had this girl next to me that I was competing in against in flip cup. I would never flip it normally and our team would beat hers every time.

I started off easy all of which I did in one shot:
Put a hand over my eyes and flipped
Behind the back
Facing the wall
Gave them a head start

And my final round was glorious. I stared into her eyes
*Flick*
Lands it

Crowd roars

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16049
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:56 am

I'm not usually an outgoing person, but one time I went to chill with my buddy at Purdue and I ended up getting drunk with him and a couple of his frat-brothers. Pretty chill time. Ended up playing beer pong for quite awhile, and we ending up going to get chinese at 4 in the morning with a group of like 6 random other people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:29 am

byd - that read like some triumphant sports novel. beautiful.
axe - 4 am fast food is the best. especially drunk or high.

this wasnt really my bold decision, but I sat down for a lecture and waited for my two female friends to show up. We usually sat together cuz the three of us are all shitty students with low standards. So 10 minutes in, Brown and Skeletor (nicknamed Brown because Brown's last name is Brown and she likes anal. nicknamed Skeletor because she's a super-thin ginger and always on drugs) finally sneak into the lecture hall and pop a squat next to me.

Skeletor immediately shoves her hair into my face and asks me whether it smells like weed. Smells of dude scuz, but I tell her its fine. Brown grabs my arm and whispers, "I made out with a stripper this weekend" I start chuckling. She leans in closer. "So did Skeletor." I look over at my redheaded friend. She'd begun to clip her toenails in the middle of lecture. The pieces kept landing on this prissy, goody-two-shoe, overachieving bitch in front of us. Skeletor made a game of trying to throw the clippings into the bitch's shirt. Things escalate and priss-bitch finally calls the teacher. Teacher tells her to shut up.
cheers
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:14 pm

One time I decided to make a video of a collection of prank calls that I made to our group of friends, burn it to a disc, then give it to my buddy for his birthday. Here are the better ones:

Called a co-worker of mine, said it was the bank and said that when her PIN number when converted to letters spelt the F word and it was totally inappropriate. She said what no it doesn't and I said yes it does and please change it. She hung up.
Phoned a few days later and said hello this is the rival bank, you are allowed to have your PIN as anything here. She was confused and probably baked, she declined and I offered that by signing up she'll get access to ipods and cheat codes. She wasn't interested.

Phoned one of my friends like 5 times, all at different times of day and asked for Jeff. Each time he'd be like what the fuck, I'm not Jeff. Then I phoned one more time and said "Hey its Jeff hows it going?"

I phoned a friend who worked at Walmart, said it was Walmart administration and I said I handled his payments and just wanted to confirm a few things. The guy told me his: address, postal code, number of family members, and I just wanted to see how far he'd go. So I asked next "Number of female siblings" and the guy says two as if it was a normal thing to ask. Then I asked for the older ones phone number. Finally he starts to get confused and said "You can just call me if you want..." I knew the gig was up and I told him "Thanks for your time I love you very much" His reply was something like "Whu....I...okay?" And I burst out laughing and hung up

Phoned a friend who I knew was getting blood tests. "Hello Vince its the Doctors office. Yes hi, listen we have your test results here and we have found large amounts of semen in your bloodstream" *Click*

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:43 pm

That Walmart Admin one was pretty excellent.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16049
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:21 pm

I forgot, there's been a couple times where cute girls have come through the drive-thru, or come inside to order, and I got their numbers randomly. Probably could get in trouble for doing stuff like that, don't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:01 pm

I like this thread

Not this St.Patty's day, the one before. I had made an Okcupid account. This girl had been messaging me and I wasn't overly into it, but she asked about my St.Patty's plans and I told her I was going to a party and she kind of invited herself and I thought to myself, lets try being outgoing from now on so I told her my address. So the day begins and I am playing videogames and drinking with the boys and I told them a Okcupid girl was coming over and they were mildly amused. 7pm shows up and I tell them I'll be back.

I go to the bus stop and she jumps off. My god is she short. Anyways she seemed cool enough, so we went back to my house and played some drinking games and at one point in the night I'm like:
BYD: So Barbra, what are you saying tonight?
Her: I'm going to stay here till 3am then go to Remi's.
BYD: Cool, whose Remi?
Her: My boyfriend
BYD's friends: Pfffffffffffft what?

I felt a little bit disappointed but I wasn't going to have it ruin my day

Right so the night gets kind of hilarious from here. So we go to the party and its only really close friends and then a girl I brought from Okcupid. As soon as we get there we don't talk at all. I'm telling my friends about her and thinking "Christ I have made a huge mistake". At one point later my friend Shannon is like "Your girl is hitting on my boyfriend!" Oops. Anyway

"Insert Mark Mueller story here"

So were just kicking it and its towards the end of the night and Barbara wants to go back to my house so badly. She goes outside and another friend pulls me aside to complain. "Dave, that fucking girl you brought from Craiglist ate the rest of my chips!" "She wasn't from Craiglist!"

So we go back home and I pass a roommate on the way and he's asks "Hows the night?"
I reply "Godamn terrible why did I bring this girl?"
She hits my arm

So we sit down on the curb and need to wait a full hour until 3am. So I'm laying down with my head on her lap and staring at her and accusing her for coming when she had a boyfriend for like a full hour. Most of the time my buddies were just laughing and after a while she had toned it out as she was texting him most of the time while I kept asking details about his physique to see how strong he'd be. She said I had height on him but he was a bigger guy and would probably have more "endurance". There was no way he had more endurance I would argue. My buddy kept saying that if he ever saw him in an alley he'd fight him.

A few minutes later my buddy Brian calls me. I put him on speakerphone
"Dave, fuck are you coming back inside?"
"Not yet, waiting for the cab""
"Holy shit just ditch that bitch why the hell did she come- go home to Remi"
Barbara: "Wow fuck you Brian"
Brian: "Fuck I'm taking a nap wake me up when you're back"

Could not stop laughing. Anyways at one point I got up to piss on a tree and the cab came and she wanted to give me a hug before she left but I told them that I needed a second. Jesus, people these days.

Haven't seen her since, she messaged me a few times after but honestly, stay faithful to Remi the cook who isn't as tall as me

GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 4061
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:02 am

Well I decided to take the train and run to the record store to meet on of my musical heroes today
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11168
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:17 am

who?

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:51 pm

He's talking about Steven Wilson. In Buffaloe.
byd - thats typical shit women do, but i enjoyed the hell outta the way you told the story. surprised she didnt try to fuck one of your friends or something. seriously, i sometimes think girls wouldn't pull shit like this if it were socially acceptable to hit them. so props for not kicking the shit out of her, verbally.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10781
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:55 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
I like this thread

Not this St.Patty's day, the one before. I had made an Okcupid account. This girl had been messaging me and I wasn't overly into it, but she asked about my St.Patty's plans and I told her I was going to a party and she kind of invited herself and I thought to myself, lets try being outgoing from now on so I told her my address. So the day begins and I am playing videogames and drinking with the boys and I told them a Okcupid girl was coming over and they were mildly amused. 7pm shows up and I tell them I'll be back.

I go to the bus stop and she jumps off. My god is she short. Anyways she seemed cool enough, so we went back to my house and played some drinking games and at one point in the night I'm like:
BYD: So Barbra, what are you saying tonight?
Her: I'm going to stay here till 3am then go to Remi's.
BYD: Cool, whose Remi?
Her: My boyfriend
BYD's friends: Pfffffffffffft what?

Story should have ended here to be honest, but good show old bean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Aha thanks boys, if I think of another I will try to tell it like a comedian again

Yeah, not cool seeing a guy on okcupid if you are in a relationship. I gave her a hard time but I was super friendly about it.

I have another story, will tell later when I have a tad more time, meeting tonight, girth

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 pm

So my friend and I are going to a dance club one night. We get the drinks going and see some ruckus happening behind our group of friends. Naturally being the men we are we waltzed right in the middle of the action to where the aggressors were and where the pushing and shoving was taking place. The "lead" guy on their side whips out a knife and makes threatening motions. Immediately we backed up and a few punches were thrown and security rushed over. We all got separated after that and when we re-grouped we decided to leave. Not getting in the middle of that noise. I find my friend, "Man, did you see that?" Friend "Yeah, that was nuts, that guy put his knife in Jeff's mouth!" "What?!" Glad we didn’t get stabbed or something

I couldn't believe this sucker put a knife in our friends mouth. Anyway we are leaving and on the way home I decided to be a huge criminal and passing by a store I took some letters I found in a mailbox and decided I was going to put them someplace funny. My friend was like, "Hey man, not a good idea" and I agreed it was way too thrilling and put them back. Some boys walking by saw this and shouted out "You guys are faggots"
Friend: Fuck you

Guy: Wanna fight bitch?

Friend: Sure come here

Guy: Alright lets go, I'll fucking knock you out
Friend: Alright I'm ready

Guy: Lets go to the alley, I don't want to get arrested for knocking you out

Friend: I’m good right here

Guy: Nope, alley

So they go to the alley and I stand next to this guy’s friend who is also not involved in this fight thing. "Sup?" I asked, "Nm". The guy barely even watched them fight it was hilarious. Just lit a cigarette and stared the other way.

So anyways, the dialog from that guy cleaned up and they sorted out the rules of "No weapons or cheap shots, if you tap its over" I was thinking how bad of an idea it was, but it was just too entertaining. The guy looked fairly strong but my friend is a bit of an athlete so I was curious. It was a pretty funny transition seeing this guy goes from rage mode to setting out rules for a clean fight.

Anyway so the jacked guy starts throwing huge haymakers all aimed for the face and my friend backed up and leaned back and then threw a straight punch and nailed him on the cheek. It hurt him, the guy stumbles backwards and my friend doesn't pursue it, which maybe he should have. The guy turns around and runs straight at my friend and gets him with a heavy hit in the teeth sending my buddy on his back on the cement. A crowd started to form and a homeless looking guy started approaching who I kept an eye on. The guy had my friend in a headlock and my buddy was reaching over him trying to hit him in the sides. I ran in and pushed them apart saying "Guys its over stop"

They both stand up. The guy goes "Good fight you almost had me, you gotta respect a guy who will tuss em" We part ways. My friend smiles a bloody smile and spits some blood out. "Its kind of nice to get in a fight" He says that if he went after him after that first punch he might have won. We were definitely younger which boosted his ego some more. “I kind of want to fight more often” He says as we walk back home

I run into Jeff later. "Hey Jeff, heard you got a godamn knife in your mouth" "No man I just got hit in the face"

"Oh.."

"Makes sense, thought he put his knife in your mouth"

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:30 pm

that played out like a movie.

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Fri May 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Thought of another story. It was my 21st birthday last year and we are all walking home drunk from a bar after watching a UFC fight, we're in a pretty big group of people.

So we are walking by these two guys and one is wearing a horizontal striped shirt. My friend Matt calls out to him "You look like a fairy in that shirt". This is the beginning of the end as the guy just snaps right away and starts charging over asking for a fight.

The guys friend keeps saying that if he hits someone he isn't going to help as there was a ton of us. Anyways they exchange insults for God knows how long and we are all there telling them not to fight blah blah

So then horizontal shirt busts out a complete gem and says "What's your name bitch?"
Matt: My name is Matt the Destroyer
Horizontal Shirt: Yeah?! More like....Matt the PUSSY Destroyer!
Matt:.......Thank you?

We all burst out laughing at this point and then a cop car pulls over and tells us to disperse and we went on our way. What a guy

LOR

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   Fri May 17, 2013 4:42 pm

that's amazing lmao

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision   

Back to top Go down

Tell me of an experience where you were paritcularly outgoing or made an offbeat decision
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1