Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:36 pm

I hate Oliver Cromwell. What a dick. Can't believe nobody managed to assassinate him.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 3947
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Thomas Jefferson was a cool guy. John Adams really sucked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Stalin was a genius, though don't think I empathise with him.

Hitler was a retarded douche.
Back to top Go down
GuyIncognito
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1151
Hedonistic Glory : 3947
Joined In : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Oh and Ron Paul is pretty awesome. Though not a leader, he tried t be. To conclude his farewell speech, he called Congress a bunch of morally driven authoritarians, then they all had to applaud him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:48 pm

If Hitler hadnt gotten addicted to amphetamines and retardedly marched into Russia, I might've approved of his leadership.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25232
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Wrote essays on Pierre Elliot Trudeau and Obama. Good folks.

Hated? Kim Jong Il/Un

Hard to believe South Korea hasn't been attacked yet

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Who is Pierre Elliot Trudeau? enlighten me.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 pm

He was a Canadian Prime Minister that emitted strong charisma which is not seen a lot from a left wing politicians. He developed Canadian identity and helped fight Quebec separatists.

There was a terrorist attack in Canada and everyone was in panic. Two government officials were kidnapped and Trudeau was sick of all the media flocking to him for quotes when he was busy as hell figuring this out and they would approach asking, Pierre, what are you going to do? How will you save them? His reply echoes in Canadian history

"Just watch me"

He also is known for not withholding mannerisms when he finds something infuriating. The trudeau-salute. (Flipping people off) and a term called Fuddle Duddle are terms associated with him. The fuddle duddle is what he would say at the end of his swearing rampages in parliament

His son Justin is running for Prime minister right now and has already said "Just watch me" just like his father

The conservatives are attacking him for being a "teacher" and a "drama instructor at a kids summer camp". Trying to say that he's too artsy and stupid to run the country and that those fields don't have value. This is an attack ad on tv and in the background they are playing circus music. They show a clip of Justin taking his shirt off trying to make him look like an asshole. He was raising money for a disease and trying to lighten the mood and they showed it trying to make him look like a jackass

I feel more and more right wing these days but these ads almost make my vote go left for pure disrespectful spite attacking his character out of context and trying to appeal to those who know zero background

After a few days of those ads I just saw a Justin ad today.

It starts with the conservative saying "Justin Trudeau is a _____" and you see Justin turn the tv off and disregards the ads and says "I am proud to be a teacher; but I am also a son, a father and a leader" and goes on to say how he wants to make the country a better place

This is the exact image of the person I want running the country. Even forgetting the historical background of his father who was a insanely good leader. Ran Canada for 14 years (We are different from you guys and can run forever basically) and he didn't respond to attack ads, just stated what he damn well should and finally add pride to our country. You should see the care for the American election here.

Canadian election, nobody gives a shit.

This is where we live for gods sake. I know who I'm voting for

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 pm

On the topic of Liberals. There is a party called the New Democratic Party in Canada better known as NDP. They never get votes because they are left wing too but people just vote Liberal instead. Last election the liberal running was not strong and the NDP was very charismatic, Jack Layton. He had overwhelmingly high support coming in second place.

A month after he surprisingly resigns baffling everyone. He says "I am temporarily resigning to fight my cancer, so I can come back to fight for families".

Days later he dies and writes a long letter of last words. This was in the final paragraph

And finally, to all Canadians: Canada is a great country, one of the hopes of the world. We can be a better one – a country of greater equality, justice, and opportunity. We can build a prosperous economy and a society that shares its benefits more fairly. We can look after our seniors. We can offer better futures for our children. We can do our part to save the world’s environment. We can restore our good name in the world. We can do all of these things because we finally have a party system at the national level where there are real choices; where your vote matters; where working for change can actually bring about change. In the months and years to come, New Democrats will put a compelling new alternative to you. My colleagues in our party are an impressive, committed team. Give them a careful hearing; consider the alternatives; and consider that we can be a better, fairer, more equal country by working together. Don’t let them tell you it can’t be done.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.

All my very best,

Jack Layton

Canada collectively shed a few tears when this happened. This guy was a beautiful person, runs such a positive uplifting campaign and was a beacon of hope for change that he fought for and was the first person to lead the NDP to any kind of success. And not only is he not upset that he is dying, he writes an inspirational letter.
Godamn onion factory in here

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders   

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite and Most Hated Leaders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1