Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What're your thoughts on Yahoo Answers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ametudes
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 54
Hedonistic Glory : 1758
Joined In : 2013-04-25

PostSubject: What're your thoughts on Yahoo Answers?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:05 pm

There is a call for proposals for an art show asking artists to respond to the theme of Yahoo Answers. I am thinking about whether or not to submit to it, and what sorts of things you could work with in terms of its content.

It like a fourm we have here sort of?

Ideas about sharing information, communicating with people annomyously, asking things that are 'too embarassing, emotional, mundane, or existential' and also why people sometimes ask questions that they already know the answer to. (rhetorical questions?)

I don't know how much I want to wade through some bad internet junk stuff/stupid questions/offensive things in order to go through with it, but it might be an interesting exercise. I like the idea of sharing and stories, so maybe a book of some sort.

Anyway, whaddya guys think about it, do you use Yahoo Answers?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What're your thoughts on Yahoo Answers?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25404
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What're your thoughts on Yahoo Answers?   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:28 pm

I barely understood that video

I do use it. Mostly for questions involving entertainment. What is _________'s best album? Or I'll try to find some movies from a particular time period or genre or a game or something.

It's also useful for practical things. I've asked it things like "When can you plug in a fridge after a move"

In short: Good for entertainment, and practical things, bad for life advice as there are a lot of trolls. Some people clearly are pretending to be ridiculously stupid to shock the kids and clueless parents that surf the site answering questions

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What're your thoughts on Yahoo Answers?   

Back to top Go down

What're your thoughts on Yahoo Answers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1