Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Games to look forward to?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Is GTAV going to be the biggest game of the summer?
Yes
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25352
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Games to look forward to?   Mon May 06, 2013 11:23 am

I find myself anticipating season 2 of The Walking Dead. I feel like it wont be the same for obvious reasons if you've completed the first. I played it on Steam and I had to play it in halfscreen because my Mac would lag. Definitely going for the disc copy and spending a bit extra.

That's number one, followed by:
GTAV
Beyond Two Souls
Last of Us
Anything that Bioware might make

I have quite a bit of shit I still need to go through that I bought recently: RE2, Silent Hill, MGS4, GTA: San Andreas, God of war origins
Christ long list.

But yeah

You?

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2396
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Mon May 06, 2013 11:37 am

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain / Ground Zeroes
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Tales of Xillia
Grand Theft Auto V

Go through MGS4 if you've played the other MGS games, but expect a lot of cutscenes. It's one of the reasons the game got panned, despite the fact they're pretty coherent and make sense as opposed to Sons of Liberty throwing you a curveball with the science of the meme, something people weren't expecting to be made to think about

GTAV is going to be hands down the biggest game of the summer for all too obvious reasons: controversy, it's GTA and it's Rockstar. You know some soccer mom somewhere, somehow is going to throw a bitch-fit about (insert travesty here) because their offspring played it, and Rockstar will promptly remind them they're retarded, to the cue of "zmog ev1l intern3t video gaems must b band" and the cries of ridiculous legislature banning media will echo the world over
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Mon May 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Laughing Gta and CoD are such easy targets, parents have to hate something I guess. If it isn't our music it's something else.

I think I am in the minority that I thought AC1 was stronger than its sequel. Don't get me wrong Ezio is obviously the better character and a better journey. But although repetitive, I felt that the first one had a lot of playful fun and in the second they added mechanics and devices that I would never use. Buying buildings is a cool idea but there wasn't a ton to do with it and I much preferred the first games combat and the last hour of that game was a rollercoaster.

I watched my friend play number 3 and it looked like a high quality game with even some history to it (Samuel Adams).

Basically my question is: Skip Revelations?

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Mon May 06, 2013 1:17 pm

AC:R?! Do NOT skip that one.

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6681
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Mon May 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Pokemon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 pm

I think I am finished with handheld gaming man. I cannot bring myself to spend over $100 on a system and a game. No interest in playing anything other than Pokemon. Hell, not even interesting in any Pokemon that aren't the first 150. I didn't even like Gold.

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16055
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Tue May 07, 2013 1:24 am

I'm done with Assassin's Creed. Fuck that shit. Seriously. Way to release the same fucking game over and over. I might still be interested if they weren't releasing them pretty much yearly, but fuck. I just don't have the money to spend sixty dollars on the same mediocre experience over and over again.

Besides, they've gotten incredibly far away from the hunting and assassinating of the first game. That is what was exciting about the game - setting up each kill as you like. Now it's just full of scripted events and shit. Still a decent game, but I won't be returning to the series at this rate. Time is short and I have to be selective about what I play.

Anywho, I'm excited about:

GTA V:
Gonna be the best in the series by the look of it. I love GTA IV, but to me the world wasn't as good as the other games. It still had humor and good writing, but it just didn't feel like Vice City or San Andreas (the two games I have the fondest memories of.) It did have great mechanics however, the best in the series so far. So the new one looks like it will combine mechanics like that, with a more diverse and quirky world like the older games. Along with some features that were cut last time around. RPG elements, property acquisition, car customization, weapon customization? Yes, please.

Shadowrun Returns:
I never played the old Shadowrun RPG, but this new kickstarter darling looks fantastic. It has that classic rpg feel, with modern looks and tactical combat. Gonna be killer.

South Park: The Stick of Truth:
It's written by Matt and Trey, developed by Obsidian and is an RPG.

Beyond Two Souls:
I was a huge fan of Heavy Rain, so I know I will love this game.

Tales of Xillia:
Always been a fan of the Tales franchise. Not incredibly excited about this, but it's going to be good like every other tales game I've played.

Wasteland 2:
Probably my third most anticipated, behind GTA and South Park. I never got to play the original wasteland, but that's okay because it's coming packed with the sequel. It inspired Fallout's development, and is in that classic isometric rpg style. Going to be seriously good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Tue May 07, 2013 8:51 am

I completely forgot about the South Park RPG, it's probably going to be hilarious. As for Shadowrun I played the first one a bit and it felt like Counterstrike with monsters. I have San Andreas on my Mac, it's just not the same playing it on a computer

What ending did you get in Heavy Rain? I had:
Spoiler:

Whens the release date for some of these?

Last edited by breakyoudown on Tue May 07, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Tue May 07, 2013 9:21 am

Axe: I have to agree that AC has become somewhat of a scripted event kill scenario. It doesn't make it any less fun, but it does indeed detract from the method of assassination unless stringent requirements are being met (see all of AC2's Lorenzo de Medici assassination pigeon coop missions, some story missions, et cetera)

But the narrative is what's important to me, and perhaps that's where my priorities are backwards with games.... I prefer enthralling, psychological stories that have good gameplay, and AC brings that, scripted scenario or not. I'm sincerely hoping 4 doesn't follow that paradigm if only to shake the "this is just Call of Duty in another genre" stigma they've received the past few years. I think I see your point, but I can't quite agree that it's to be disregarded because of the gameplay

I cannot in good faith call the experience mediocre, with the exception of AC3 and its Vita companion being "the little train that couldn't."

I also cannot tell people to disregard any part of the AC tale even if they hate the gameplay, especially with the blazing monolith of storywriting known as Revelations. Just unreal shit going on there, if people thought the Matrix was mindfuckery incarnate they haven't played that game
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_AWHOUHKN8
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Tue May 07, 2013 5:51 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
I completely forgot about the South Park RPG, it's probably going to be hilarious. As for Shadowrun I played the first one a bit and it felt like Counterstrike with monsters. I have San Andreas on my Mac, it's just not the same playing it on a computer

What ending did you get in Heavy Rain? I had:
Spoiler:

Whens the release date for some of these?

The Shadowrun you speak of was a terrible shooter reboot. The original came out way back in the day, and was a very revered and loved rpg.

Spoiler:

It's a fact that the story is incredible - probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of being involved in. But I get the point (and this is in the first three games, the only ones I've played) where I'm literally not having fun. It gets to where I would rather just see the story play out in a different medium because the gameplay is getting tedious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6681
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
I think I am finished with handheld gaming man. I cannot bring myself to spend over $100 on a system and a game. No interest in playing anything other than Pokemon. Hell, not even interesting in any Pokemon that aren't the first 150. I didn't even like Gold.

emulators
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4008
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 am

Axe wrote:
The Shadowrun you speak of was a terrible shooter reboot.
Countless hours spend on that 'terrible shooter reboot'
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Tue May 14, 2013 1:13 am

hey man, welcome back.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   Tue May 14, 2013 1:15 am

ExtremeOverload wrote:
Axe wrote:
The Shadowrun you speak of was a terrible shooter reboot.
Countless hours spend on that 'terrible shooter reboot'

Good to see you on Extreme!

I haven't played the reboot personally, so I guess I can't call it terrible. But I guess from what I've heard, critics thought it was a very average shooter and the original Shadowrun devs wanted to see a true follow up to the original role playing game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games to look forward to?   

Back to top Go down

Games to look forward to?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1