Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Internet Taxing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spineshank155
A Very Classy Extreme Metalhead

Number of posts : 547
Hedonistic Glory : 3019
Joined In : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Internet Taxing   Wed May 08, 2013 12:53 pm

http://www.zdnet.com/u-s-senate-passes-bill-to-collect-internet-sales-tax-7000015002/?s_cid=e539&ttag=e539

That article sounds kinda bad, it sounds like every purchase that i had made online from the US will now charge me? I don't know i was just pretty upset over the whole thing yesterday but now it just seems that the government wants more money from the American people. I guess this is their way of 'saving money'? Personally i think it's just another way for them to save their hides without losing that much. I have to MacGyver my way out of broken stuff, like my work clothes, instead of replacing pants with holes in it i use safety pins instead. Superglue my windshield wipers back together (the rubber was falling off) and instead of being able to buy a 3TB hard drive, i just use 3 40GB hard drives in my PC. The economy isn't doing so well and it seems the white house is pretty obsessive over taxing everything now. Anyway maybe i'll be lucky and won't get robbed.. i haven't bought anything (like S1 and S2 of the Walking Dead) since last year. I am doing everything i can to save money and while i had kind of a job offer it was worse than what i am doing now. Anywayz another facepalm for our leadres.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/spineshank155
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25351
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Internet Taxing   Wed May 08, 2013 6:34 pm

You know its only a matter of time before the Internet stops being such a playground.
But it could take a long time for things like this to happen

Have you ever heard of the concept of Network Neutrality? Basically its a theory that you only can visit websites that you pay for in packages much like cable. So for cable you get a news channel, sports channel, kids channel and what not.

Imagine an Internet where you can only visit Youtube, Facbook and Twitter and you need to pay for other places per page hit.

spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Internet Taxing   Thu May 09, 2013 12:51 am

I haven't heard that but it's ridiculous imo. These corporations think about nothing but money and the more money people spend the more fancy cars these rich people can buy. Hell i just want a car that runs and a home to live in.. i don't care about having the latest in tech all the time and if i need something i can't pay for it.. what is this world coming to?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25351
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Internet Taxing   Thu May 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Our countries get screwed by not just the big companies, but small fry too that try to cheat the system. For example, I don't know how things work over there but for universities here you can apply for a government funded program called OSAP. This company pays for all of your schooling and then you have the rest of your life to pay it back with 10% interest.
So that's fine right?

A lot of students come from outside of Canada and will take advantage of us. They will get their free schooling then move back to there country and as long as they don't return here they wont ever get hassled to pay their loans.

One of my friends is getting married to one of his family members from the Philippines just so she can immigrate over here.

None of this sits well with me because there countries certainly wouldn't be so easy going about it.

In short there is so much corruption from the rich to the mid class to the low class.

Gwonam
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch

Number of posts : 650
Hedonistic Glory : 2395
Joined In : 2013-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Internet Taxing   Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 pm

I hate to be "that guy," but this just seems fair.

spineshank155

PostSubject: Re: Internet Taxing   Thu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Our countries get screwed by not just the big companies, but small fry too that try to cheat the system. For example, I don't know how things work over there but for universities here you can apply for a government funded program called OSAP. This company pays for all of your schooling and then you have the rest of your life to pay it back with 10% interest.
So that's fine right?

A lot of students come from outside of Canada and will take advantage of us. They will get their free schooling then move back to there country and as long as they don't return here they wont ever get hassled to pay their loans.

One of my friends is getting married to one of his family members from the Philippines just so she can immigrate over here.

None of this sits well with me because there countries certainly wouldn't be so easy going about it.

In short there is so much corruption from the rich to the mid class to the low class.

Yeah that's a pretty horrible problem. Isn't there anything those universities can do to make sure students from other countries pay the loans?

Gwonam wrote:
I hate to be "that guy," but this just seems fair.

Why do you say that? I mean the economy in the USA isn't doing very good, there is less work, more people less hours, so there is less pay. I don't see how it would be fair. Would be fair if the rich had a heftier tax because not everyone can be a CEO or a computer programmer for Microsoft and they waste their money on pointless expensive crap. Law enforcement and firefighters should get a bigger bonus. They risk their lives every day to save lives and keep criminals behind bars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet Taxing   

Back to top Go down

Internet Taxing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1